MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest klutsh
Hi

Please tell that if i will upgrade the radio now, then when i will unroot with stock rom with the older radio, my radio will be downgraded also?

Yes, it will

Guest Jannik Nielsen
for me so far everything works, never did a wipe just installed on top of r3.1, the only problem unless i am missing something is my market download history list does now show up any of my apps that I have installed, all that does show up is my paid apps. read the entire thread and unless I missed something I couldn't find anyone with the same issue.

install titanium backup, and select market doctor from the menu, that sorts it

Guest Ali Hussnain
Yes, it will

I have applied that r4-fixes.zip and now it is showing a circle in place of bettery icon, how to change that?

Guest Jannik Nielsen
I have applied that r4-fixes.zip and now it is showing a circle in place of bettery icon, how to change that?

read the description on that very same post.

wtf is up with people, cant you simply read the thread before asking questions?

"2. If you don't want the Coloured Icons and Circle % Battery remove the "framework" folder from "System"

Removing this will also NOT FIX the missing HSDPA icon."

Guest Surfinette
for me so far everything works, never did a wipe just installed on top of r3.1, the only problem unless i am missing something is my market download history list does now show up any of my apps that I have installed, all that does show up is my paid apps. read the entire thread and unless I missed something I couldn't find anyone with the same issue.

I have the same issue... Solved it with Market Doctor in Titanium Backup

Edited by Surfinette

Guest ElDiablo77
Don't re-flash. This ROM is missing APN info for some operators, as mentioned before. Just google YourOperator APN and put the info in Network Settings, voila.

Anyhow, some general comments:

1. Location doesn't seem to work properly. No idea why and not crucial but nonetheless. Maps and regular GPS work just fine.

2. In Sense/Rosie-less version the Telephone button shortcut gives an error "... Application not installed ...". I'm guessing Google's dialer is not present hence the error. Had to re-flash w/ Sense/Rosie.

3. Some applications are gone from the market due to google's copy protection, I suppose.

Otherwise, everything appears to be working fine.

Thanx m8 th@ worked a treat.

Guest Sharkiy

Hi

after rom update my keyboard is lost !!! :) r3.1 -> 4

No Input method also in the settings !!

Whats wrong on my phone ??

Regards

Hajo

Guest Sharkiy
Hi

after rom update my keyboard is lost !!! :D r3.1 -> 4

No Input method also in the settings !!

Whats wrong on my phone ??

Regards

Hajo

Hey guy, reboot your system and it works :P

OK it works. :)

Guest DiscoHero

I'm having some issue when trying to use ROM with the Personal file (most recent one posted). The process goes fine but on reboot I get stuck at "Quietly Brilliant" screen. Using ClockWork to flash. Odd.

Guest chrisms_cotland

I've got stuck at "Quietly Brilliant" screen also using a rom "cooked" from here, I didn't add anything else to it, is there anything I can have done wrong?

I can confirm that the root has worked fine.

Guest thefornax
The zip i posted Needs to have the location.apk removed.

Its getting to many errors, but I'm not behind Pc to edit and re up.

Hi,

Would that be the ModInstallLocation.v1.apk or NetworkLocation.apk

Thanks.

Guest freddy87

Hi,

can anybody help me?

my desire dont go to standby -> the active time is the same as the general running time (if you know what i mean) :)

best regards,

freddy

Guest Nephisto

Have the same prob when i baked in the "Modaco-R4-Fixes-Personal" and flashed, i gut stuck at "quietly brilliant" boot screen.

Guest Noonski
Hi,

Would that be the ModInstallLocation.v1.apk or NetworkLocation.apk

Thanks.

Its the networklocation.apk

Please upload for others at bar for the match.

Edited by Noonski

Guest Surfinette

Thanks Paul for this great ROM, and all other for the usefull tips.

I now just need a UVOC modified kernel so that SetCPU can work with this ROM... any idea anyone? I'm actually only interested in UV, not so much in OC

Guest ZiCoN

I know I've asked before, but could someone please try to start up the E-mail... I get a white screen with no options, headline saying "choose a mail provider"

I bugs the cr¤p out of me... I like the standard HTC mail apk... Currently using K9... just not my cup-a-tea

Guest Kushan
is anyone else having a problem where the phone is constantly syncing with google? The sync icon is constantly on and it seems to be draining the battery quickly

I'm getting this as well. Installed over the top of MCR 3.1, everything else is working brilliantly, just this bug.

Guest DiscoHero
Its the networklocation.apk

Please upload for others at bar for the match.

I can confirm this works. Removed networklocation.apk from the zip, Backed (sans Sense and HTC fluff) ... flashed and no more freeze at boot.

Update: Phone shortcut still gives "Application not installed error".

Update: Same freeze on attempt to re-flash.

Edited by DiscoHero

Guest mmeikelinen

I'm not able to unlock screen by pressing power + menu. Unlock only works by pressing power and swiping the screen.

Any ideas how to fix it?