MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest frankkubiak

Thanks Paul,

...for putting so much energy in supporting so many devices! (If you - some day - lose some energy, focus on Desire and Dream G1 ;-) )

Regarding feature set:

1. In cyanogenmod, I had an option under "settings" to install certificates (e.g. for company extranet webpage, VPN etc.). Is this in your MCR, too? If not, can you add it?

2. To have something like Droidwall in the ROM might be an advantage.

3. Is there a possibility to build in a protection against Google OTA manipulations via GTalkService (e.g. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/06/28/go...cation_install/ )?

I haven't found your ROM in the free version of "ROM Manager". Is there any reason for that?

Last question: Is there any task manager / task killer that works best with your ROMs?

Frank

Guest klutsh
Network Location fix should be in the next build. :)

P

Will you be able to post just the fix as an update pack, instead of requiring a full rom flash again?

Guest EmDzej
Will you be able to post just the fix as an update pack, instead of requiring a full rom flash again?

That would be great!

Guest nollie

Using Titanium Backup it says it cannot get root access despite it clearly showing up in SuperU until I download the latest version of Busybox (which upon reboot of the phone I have to re-download) and leaves the message 'Titanium Backup has been granted Superuser permissions' on the screen unless I reboot the phone.

Will report any new issues as I use the ROM - so far really fantastic.

That would be great!

+1 :-D

Edited by nollie

Guest mrshark
Mine says 'My Location' and no weather showing, but when I go into the Weather app it retrieves places OK. Three SIM.

P

this was a bug of the "work in progress" rom dj droid 1.0, solved in the released rom...

please paul, can you tell us: if we bake in A2SD+, have we to leave froyo native a2sd to INTERNAL to have the former work correctly? i presume yes...

Guest EmDzej
please paul, can you tell us: if we bake in A2SD+, have we to leave froyo native a2sd to INTERNAL to have the former work correctly? i presume yes...

I assume that A2SD(+) mounts ext partition and makes some symlinks in /data, so it does not mess with froyo's implementation.

It's transparent for android :)

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Guest mortazavi
It has Froyo native A2SD of course...

P

In native A2SD, if I move an application to SD card, to which folder it will move?

Guest mrshark
I assume that A2SD(+) mounts ext partition and makes some symlinks in /data, so it does not mess with froyo's implementation.

It's transparent for android :)

Correct me if I'm wrong.

what's the point of mixing the two implementations? a2sd+ is FAR better than froyo one: it makes ext partition on sd available at boot time, while froyo's one not...

it's indipendent from mounting the sd as mass storage, and so unmounting from running system: this is especially important with widgets, which if moved to sd, stop to work when using mass storage...

and, last but not least, many programs have program AND widget: with froyo native implementation you cannot leave widget on internal memory (and so, using PRECIOUS memory...) and move ONLY program to sd

with a2sd+, everything installed goes on SD, and the ext partition is indipendent from the standard fat32, so it's COMPLETELY transparent to the user, and, if i'm correct, makes froyo implementation completely USELESS...

Edited by mrshark

Guest EmDzej

Hmm.. weird.. can not save APN settings :/

OK.. let's say it was false alarm.

Newly added APNs do not appear on the list untill reboot.

Edited by EmDzej

Guest brunoM83

great paul from French guy

but i have a problem with Data connexion VPN Bouygues telecom

i can not update weather , news , mail ....

no icon 2g or 3g on top

any solution?

Yes sorry cancel after manual configuration APN all is ok :)

sorry for bad English

Edited by brunoM83

Guest toho

I used app2sd + but when I install this rom all my apps are gone, but when I go back to r21 are all the apps again

sry for my bad English

Guest EmDzej
great paul from French guy

but i have a problem with Data connexion VPN Bouygues telecom

i can not update weather , news , mail ....

no icon 2g or 3g on top

any solution?

sorry for bad English

Probably you have to add APN settings by hand. None are defined by default.

Guest EmDzej
I'm gonna wait a week for the bugs to be ironed out and Gmail app! Can't live without my gmail!!

But.. there is GMail included :/

Guest tk1978
Hmm.. weird.. can not save APN settings :/

OK.. let's say it was false alarm.

Newly added APNs do not appear on the list untill reboot.

sure? i added o2 apn settings...rebootet and they are still there