MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Polzme

Hello,

I just registered to these forums to get the MCR r5 ROM for my HTC Desire.

I used the EVO 3 Tool to install a custom recovery image and flash the device the with the rom.

I've included the new radio in the kitchen, but not a2sd or a2sd+.

I think my device is bricked now. It's boot looping at the HTC 'quietly brilliant' logo...

I don't know what to do, can you help me ?

Thanks...

Edited by Polzme

Guest eugenea
I don't know if it's Rom related but I can't seem to be able to get a gps lock..anyone else getting the same problem?

Yes , just reflash to latest one R5, gps can`t lock :angry:

Guest dreamdealer
Hello,

I just registered to these forums to get the MCR r5 ROM for my HTC Desire.

I used the EVO 3 Tool to install a custom recovery image and flash the device the with the rom.

I think my device is bricked now. It's boot looping at the HTC 'quietly brilliant' logo...

I don't know what to do, can you help me ?

Thanks...

was you using apps2sd, if so is your ext partition ext4 unless a kernel has been modified as far as I am aware, you can only use ext2 or 3 this may be the reason why.

Edited by dreamdealer

Guest Polzme
was you using apps2sd, if so is your ext partition ext4 unless a kernel has been modified you can only use ext2 or 3 this may be the reason why.

Not at all... I'm not using apps2sd... and my sd has no partition.

Guest Blackfish79
I want my money back. this is just crap.

titanium backup not working, market not able to install apps

lol... buy a nokia and be happy

Guest klutsh

Ha, your complaining about a in development work in progress as is clearly stated.

No one claimed it was fully working, and if you could be bothered to read you would have seen reports of these problems already.

Make your own if you think you deserve better!

Guest dreamdealer

can someone who is not using apps2SD confirm that the phone does or does not reboot into the quietly brilliant screen when moving an app from the manage applications to your sdcard via google apps2SD please?

Guest Blackfish79
Anyone else seeing a massive increase in battery drain on r5?

yes, but check your apps. i've removed the "LED Light" widget and the battery problem is solved. i think some apps are not really compatible with froyo.

Hi Paul,

I have an idea regarding your kitchen...

Would it be possible to generate an XML file when you bake a rom which details all the options that you selected when baking your rom. When you come to bake another rom (e.g. if an update has been released) then you could upload the xml file and it would select the options that you had previously used on your old bake?

:angry:

This is coming! :D

P

Guest Polzme
can someone who is not using apps2SD confirm that the phone does or does not reboot into the quietly brilliant screen when moving an app from the manage applications to your sdcard via google apps2SD please?

My phone is boot looping... I don't use apps2sd. Dunno what to do :angry:

Guest Mondaro
My phone is boot looping... I don't use apps2sd. Dunno what to do :D

nandroid back the backup you surely have created :angry:

i had bootloop, too when first flashing r5 over r4. figured out it has somehow been triggered by not having enough space on built-in storage. after nandroid and removing some apps and baking a smaller rom it happened to function flawlessly.

Edited by Mondaro

Guest Polzme
nandroid back the backup you surely have created ;)

i had bootloop, too when first flashing r5 over r4. figured out it has somehow been triggered by not having enough space on built-in storage. after nandroid and removing some apps and baking a smaller rom it happened to function flawlessly.

Problem solved, we must WIPE everything and flash the rom. Now I'm an happy user of MCR R5 on my brand new htc desire :angry:

Thanks to the Modaco Team, can't wait for the stable release :D

Guest theblueraja
My phone is boot looping... I don't use apps2sd. Dunno what to do :angry:

Clear all cache and wipe, if that doesn't work try another bake without A2SD.

Guest Pittek

What a....ok :angry:

ROM works great, i have found no issues beside double shortcuts (same shortcut/widget overlays the other) after an install w/o wipe. Deleting the shortcut on top resolved everything.

Best is i came from MCR3.1 w/o wipe over r4 w/o wipe to r5, i expected a lot of unusual errors since i never wiped, but for me this runs as stable as hell.

Kudos again Paul, u somehow rock :D

Edited by Pittek

Guest Mondaro
Problem solved, we must WIPE everything and flash the rom. Now I'm an happy user of MCR R5 on my brand new htc desire :angry:

Thanks to the Modaco Team, can't wait for the stable release :D

worked without wipe for me ... that's what i tried to explain ;)

Guest daniozzo83
Oh! I'll check it out and rollback the kernel if required.

P

hi paul, i think i founded a little bug:

i see adobe flash 10.1 installed, but it couldn't be uninstalled (even it can't be eventually updated) cause it's not showed in market...

i've a question too:

if you made another release (r5 wip next i think) i can update without wipe from actual r5 wip? do i lose something or is it better i save all of my data(i use mybackup pro do u suggest titanium? ) and wipe all?

thank you for your job....

Guest domaboul
ROM works great, i have found no issues beside double shortcuts (same shortcut/widget overlays the other) after an install w/o wipe. Deleting the shortcut on top resolved everything.

idem here.

no wipe from R4, apsd+...

rom perfect (beside double shortcuts ), market OK,...

thanks a lot Paul.

Guest mmorselli
This is coming! :angry:

P

Why don't put this information on forum user profile ? Add some field on users database is more easy for you and even better experience for non expert users... IMHO :D

Edited by mmorselli

Guest Polzme

I've spotted a small problem with Titanium Backup.

I don't know if it's MCR related or sth else...

I mainly use Titanium Backup to remove apps I don't use.

I tried to remove Facebook and Facebook for HTC Sense and the phone reboot during the uninstall process.

I've installed busybox of course.