MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Jagdish
Look over my posts, I posted a fix that allows skymaps to install with SD mounted, also fix's MovetoSD

Fixes froyos native movetoSD? or should we flash it if we have A2SD?

Guest Surfinette
They should still be SMS, the paper clip attachment icon is just for attaching media/items, so if you don't attach anything, they'll be SMS. I think this is what you're getting confused with.

I understand what you're saying but the issue is that the text messages I send are now all listed as MMS, even very small one-word text messages.

See screenshot below... So again, how can I make text message SMS (not MMS)?

snap20100718234504.png

Guest Surfinette
leaked build and all but this is by far the best froyo rom for the desire users battery wise.

In terms of battery consumption, with R5 I use about 8% of the battery in only 15 minutes of surfing this thread with Dolphin navigator (no sync in the background from other apps).

Do you think this is "normal", fast or slow battery consumption?

Edited by Surfinette

Guest klutsh
Fixes froyos native movetoSD? or should we flash it if we have A2SD?

Native, you can flash it if you like it won't break A2SD.

It's the vold file from 2.04 leak, seems to be broken in 2.06

Guest Jagdish
Native, you can flash it if you like it won't break A2SD.

It's the vold file from 2.04 leak, seems to be broken in 2.06

well im using old skool A2SD so no use of it then(thx btw :angry: ), plus the 2.06 leak seems a bit unstable for my taste imma stick to 2.04 kernel on R5 :\

Edited by Jagdish

Guest klutsh
New kitchen update is out, but again without Trackball Wake.. :angry:

In r21 this option is already long time available. FroYo as well.. is there some other problem?

Paul, please, include it in the r5 kitchen.. Power button wake is just SO unkomfortable and MENU wake (what i can do by myself) can act by pressing the buttons in back pocket just by itself...

ok, I was proved wrong.

To make up for it, here's a update zip that enables Track-Ball wake.

Just flash in recovery.

TrackBall_Wake_HTC_Desire.zip

Edited by klutsh

Guest Spellcaster Lukian
In terms of battery consumption, with R5 I use about 8% of the battery in only 15 minutes of surfing this thread with Dolphin navigator (no sync in the background from other apps).

Do you think this is "normal", fast or slow battery consumption?

Fast'ish - but quite possible. Disregard your first 20% battery and see how it fares after that point. Use JuicePlotter if you like.

Guest stueeee
Fast'ish - but quite possible. Disregard your first 20% battery and see how it fares after that point. Use JuicePlotter if you like.

I have used 50% battery in 7 hours with fairly infrequent use.

Thanks Paul - this is the best battery life I have had with a Froyo ROM..

I am going to try the Pays ROM now to compare :-)

Guest dancube

Using R4 here, but was wondering if there is some sort of issue causing a bit of a pause after unlocking my phone and using it? Could it be APPS2SD intializing the SD card? It seems to not respond for a couple of seconds after I unlock it but is fine after that.

Guest dodolom

Hey guys,

I've installed this r5 and all is fine but there is an app for example that I want in this rom which is the Contacts that was in r3.1, how can I add that? Can I just bake a 3.1 rom and take the .apk file out of the zip file and install it on my phone? I can't imagine it'd be that simple.

I'd really appreciate some help.

Guest robkgriffiths

Would it be possible to add a WiFi proxy option to this release like the Cyanogen mod? It is the only thing that is preventing me using my Desire in my workplace. Great work on this release so far. Much appreciated.

Fist post here, I live in Canada and the HTC Desire will launch here on late july or early August(Were pretty late i know) on Telus & Bell network

I was just wondering if this rom would work with the Desire i'm gonna get since it's a almost similar phone (We get a TFT Screen instead of the AMOLED) also, the phone will work on HSPA 850/1900 instead of GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz ; HSPA/WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz

I'd be awesome if it does no difference

Thanks for your answer

Guest egeekuk

To the guys getting the amazing battery life (1% drain / hr on standby, etc), are you using the latest radio?

If not can you post the version number of the one you are using?

Thanks

Guest Surfinette

I forgot to mention this is 15min continuous surfing in 3G mode ("H"), and starting below the first the first 20%

Guest tk1978
To the guys getting the amazing battery life (1% drain / hr on standby, etc), are you using the latest radio?

If not can you post the version number of the one you are using?

Thanks

yep, latest radio here.

Guest zakishaker

Hi ,I have an unlocked HTC Desira that I rooted using urevoke 3.1 on a win xp device.i then installed this rom (put it on the SD) and installed from there,when it finishd the phone went into a boot loop,I had to gor to recovery and restore the ld rom.can someone tell me what I am doing wrong please.

Guest Pieronip
Hi ,I have an unlocked HTC Desira that I rooted using urevoke 3.1 on a win xp device.i then installed this rom (put it on the SD) and installed from there,when it finishd the phone went into a boot loop,I had to gor to recovery and restore the ld rom.can someone tell me what I am doing wrong please.

Sounds as if yo need to wipe before applying new ROM.

ok, I was proved wrong.

To make up for it, here's a update zip that enables Track-Ball wake.

Just flash in recovery.

That's a good alternative approach that gets around the odex-breaking problem. Good call. :angry:

P

Guest hoschilo

Paul, would it be possible to add stock 2.2 calendar to the kitchen? I like the possibility to mark items as private especially on exchange calendar. I flashed 2.2 calendar already on wip 5 without problems ( still coexistent with HTC calendar.

...and has anybody removed HTC calendar. What (negative) effect has to be expected ( apart from widgets)?

Guest scointer

Is there any chance someone could make a zip file for the stock contacts.apk (not the HTC one). I have found the .apk but can not push files onto my phone from where I am at the minute.

Or can anyone suggest a better contacts app than the standard HTC one that works with 2.2. Thanks.