MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi all,

I've cooked a rom with the geniewidget but the weather cannot be loaded. it tells me "weather not yet available" (<= this is translated from french) or "No location". By the way, the HTC weather app works fine.

anyone has an idea?

Had the same issue. I went into weather settings and unchecked "use my location". then i chose set location. finally i checked "use my location" again and it worked. im not sure if it will update my location though

Guest CyrilleM
It doesn't works for me either with last rom and last radio.

No network location.

Problem is since r5.

For those having the Netlocation bug, just do a total wipe and format ext partition if exists.

Resetting completly the phone solve the problem I have had.

Ok my mistake apologies DomP :angry:

Yep, sorry, I should have posted a full sentence. I didn't have the energy. :-) I'm not usually one to flame people for that kind of thing, but this is starting to get ridiculous. I'll be upgrading my account soon anyway, because Paul works harder than the money it cost me for ad free!

Guest pfsykes

Ok Hope someone can help

Im using MCR 3.1 However I have not upgraded to this release yet. Can some one tell me the process of moving from 3.1 to this release. The main issue I have is relating to the radio.

Question.

How do I backup my existing radio

How do I Install a new radio

Will The new radio not work with MCR 3.1

If i have an issue with this release and go back to MCR 3.1 what do i need to restore

Do I need to do a full wipe including apps2sd+

I know this sounds like a noob thing but i cant find any posts about it

Many Thanks

Peter

Guest Paulo Nobrega

Hi all...

Just regarding again sms Leds... maybe someone found a solution or has any idea... Since R4 release, i was using Handcent, and stoped having the LED (was using blue, but tried any colors) notification for sms...

When i flashed the R5 i still didnt get the LED working.. So i did a wipe, and still nothing.. Thought it may be handcent so now im using ChompSMS. Still no LED on sms..

Any ideas??

Guest dabegi
Hi all...

Just regarding again sms Leds... maybe someone found a solution or has any idea... Since R4 release, i was using Handcent, and stoped having the LED (was using blue, but tried any colors) notification for sms...

When i flashed the R5 i still didnt get the LED working.. So i did a wipe, and still nothing.. Thought it may be handcent so now im using ChompSMS. Still no LED on sms..

Any ideas??

Same problem here!

Guest Paulo Nobrega
Ok Hope someone can help

Im using MCR 3.1 However I have not upgraded to this release yet. Can some one tell me the process of moving from 3.1 to this release. The main issue I have is relating to the radio.

Question.

If i have an issue with this release and go back to MCR 3.1 what do i need to restore

Many Thanks

Peter

Im sorry man.. but u can find the answers to all those questions in this same post... I know it's kind boring read so many posts, still..

Let me try resume what i know:

- U can bake this new release and it will include de new radio.. U dont need to backup any radio.

- before u flash u should do a nandroid backup throught the recovery so u can restore everything if u need to

- if u wanna use a2sd+ u will need to partition ur SD card. I recomend using ROM MAnager for it. Backup ur SD before to ur pc... Then use Titanium Backup to backup all ur apps and data. Flash the ROM, do a wipe and clean cache, and then restore the apps with titanium backup... It's really easier than it looks...

If u backup with nandroid, and titanium backup, and then backup ur SD card to the PC u wont lose anything for sure...

LOL

Guest EddyOS

Just a quick bit of feedback for you, Paul...

Running latest r5 refresh and have no issues whatsoever! Everything working as expected, all aspects of the phone are bob on - can't fault it! Battery life is good (taken off charge 7am, back on charge 11pm with 50% left) and it runs extremely smooth. Look forward to coming improvements.

:angry:

Guest pfsykes
Im sorry man.. but u can find the answers to all those questions in this same post... I know it's kind boring read so many posts, still..

Let me try resume what i know:

- U can bake this new release and it will include de new radio.. U dont need to backup any radio.

- before u flash u should do a nandroid backup throught the recovery so u can restore everything if u need to

- if u wanna use a2sd+ u will need to partition ur SD card. I recomend using ROM MAnager for it. Backup ur SD before to ur pc... Then use Titanium Backup to backup all ur apps and data. Flash the ROM, do a wipe and clean cache, and then restore the apps with titanium backup... It's really easier than it looks...

If u backup with nandroid, and titanium backup, and then backup ur SD card to the PC u wont lose anything for sure...

LOL

I tought there was an issue with the radio when going from this relese back to MCR3.1 or is that included in the nandroid backup?

Peter

Guest r5ingh
Ok Hope someone can help

Question.

Many Thanks

Peter

Answers:

-No need to backup your radio --> Radio's are readily available, eg http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=687464

-You move the radio.zip to your sd card, boot into clockwork recovery and choose to apply the radioimage.zip from your sd card

-The new radio breaks some features on 3.1 such as camcorder and youtube (I tested this) so you will need to downgrade your radio if you move back to 3.1

-To move back to 3.1 you can do a nandroid restore a nandroid backup (which you can make in recovery mode before flashing) or you can do a clean install after wipe and restore your apps with a titanium backup.

-Erm, imo you should do a full wipe ... just backup your apps with titanium

Hope that helps.

Guest Paulo Nobrega
The problem was Handcent, they have already released a new version in the market to fix it.

but even with latest version i dont see the led...

chompSMS has the same option, but no LED either..

Guest Han-Droid

feedback here:

came from r4 without wipe. I experience strange lags. sometimes when i quit an app and see one of the 5 homescreen the phone sort of "soft reboots" (white screen with htc) causing everything to slow down just like when u first boot into the day an realize that everything is "loading"...favourites, news-feeds etc.

my rough guess is: that's what you get when u don't wipe!

Edited by Han-Droid

Guest Paulo Nobrega
but even with latest version i dont see the led...

chompSMS has the same option, but no LED either..

i read here in other thread that current Froyo ROMs are not supported the LED notification... Can anyone confirm that has LED notifications (Blue, red, etc) working with current R5 Rom??

Guest wontcachme

Before i upgrade from my mcr3.1 there was one thing i like to know. Is the HTC Music Player included in this sense version? Ik don't like the Froyo one.

Guest Nephisto
i read here in other thread that current Froyo ROMs are not supported the LED notification... Can anyone confirm that has LED notifications (Blue, red, etc) working with current R5 Rom??

My led is working great with htc's msg app. Charge led etc also working as intended.

Guest le_lutin

LED is working

Guest le_lutin
Before i upgrade from my mcr3.1 there was one thing i like to know. Is the HTC Music Player included in this sense version? Ik don't like the Froyo one.

Yep HTC Music player is included.

Guest ErwinV
feedback here:

came from r4 without wipe. I experience strange lags. sometimes when i quit an app and see one of the 5 homescreen the phone sort of "soft reboots" (white screen with htc) causing everything to slow down just like when u first boot into the day an realize that everything is "loading"...favourites, news-feeds etc.

my rough guess is: that's what you get when u don't wipe!

It happened to me too, and I had a full wipe :D.

Guest jheda1

Hi, anyone more then me who has problem with USB-connection through sence?? Tried everything, wipe, no wipe from r4...you name it...still, no USB-connection with sense...? Is it me, or what?

This worked fine with just r4, but after putting on the r5, with or witout wipe, not so fine..Help, someone..?

Edited by jheda1

Guest klutsh

Their is a error with any colour LED than Orange or Green.

If you run DDMS/Logcat you will see error's when the LED state is written to.

Guest le_lutin
Their is a error with any colour LED than Orange or Green.

If you run DDMS/Logcat you will see error's when the LED state is written to.

The blue LED works fine for me (receiving SMS with handcent).