• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Downgrading FRF91 on N1 help

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I've got an unlocked bootloader, stock recovery and stock FRF91. I have tried the various PASSIMG.zip I've found online to try and downgrade and nothing has worked. I want to downgrade in order to root and install a custom recovery.

PASSIMG.zip I have tried (MD5 Hashes): 31a7944d2af0ecdaa06f4bf8f1558a10 and bef86698cafc88ca03fff5758571d9d6

Both of these result in "Main Version is older!" error, and I can't figure out why.

I must be missing something, if someone could allude to what I'm doing wrong I would be very grateful!

Thanks

Posted (edited)

I've got an unlocked bootloader, stock recovery and stock FRF91. I have tried the various PASSIMG.zip I've found online to try and downgrade and nothing has worked. I want to downgrade in order to root and install a custom recovery.

PASSIMG.zip I have tried (MD5 Hashes): 31a7944d2af0ecdaa06f4bf8f1558a10 and bef86698cafc88ca03fff5758571d9d6

Both of these result in "Main Version is older!" error, and I can't figure out why.

I must be missing something, if someone could allude to what I'm doing wrong I would be very grateful!

Thanks

If you have an unlocked bootloader, you don't have to do anything like that. Just fastboot flash a custom recovery image. Or if that won't work and it keeps getting replaced with the original recovery, fastboot boot *.img. If you just want to root FRF91, you can boot into a custom recovery and flash the root file from this page: htcpedia.com/forum/showpost.php?p=67676&postcount=1 or if you want to flash a custom ROM, wipe and flash it from the custom recovery. After either rooting or flashing, you might have to reflash your recovery image to keep it as the original build may have tried to replace it upon boot.

Edit: I just verified the MD5 of my images, which have worked fine for me to downgrade using the PASSIMG.zip method. The correct checksum is 31a7944d2af0ecdaa06f4bf8f1558a10.

Edited by crawler9

Posted

If you have an unlocked bootloader, you don't have to do anything like that. Just fastboot flash a custom recovery image. Or if that won't work and it keeps getting replaced with the original recovery, fastboot boot *.img. If you just want to root FRF91, you can boot into a custom recovery and flash the root file from this page: htcpedia.com/forum/showpost.php?p=67676&postcount=1 or if you want to flash a custom ROM, wipe and flash it from the custom recovery. After either rooting or flashing, you might have to reflash your recovery image to keep it as the original build may have tried to replace it upon boot.

Edit: I just verified the MD5 of my images, which have worked fine for me to downgrade using the PASSIMG.zip method. The correct checksum is 31a7944d2af0ecdaa06f4bf8f1558a10.

You sir are a gentlemen and a scholar :angry:

Thanks, I am all rooted now :D

Posted (edited)

You sir are a gentlemen and a scholar :angry:

Thanks, I am all rooted now :D

Hi, I'm in a similar situation. I have an unlocked bootloader, and no root access, but I would like to root.

I am a newbie to all this so forgive me if I have misunderstood...

I can BOOT into a recovery image such as amon ra's recovery (without root) instead of FLASHING it? Then use the update.zip on that site to flash my FRF91 for root access? and the command to use is fastboot boot XXXXXXXXXXXX.img ?

Thanks

Edited by leecasey

Posted

Hi, I'm in a similar situation. I have an unlocked bootloader, and no root access, but I would like to root.

I can BOOT into a recovery image such as amon ra's recovery (without root) instead of FLASHING it? Then use the update.zip on that site to flash my FRF91 for root access? and the command to use is fastboot boot XXXXXXXXXXXX.img ?

Thanks

Yeah, that ought to do the trick. Where you would normally type something like "fastboot flash recovery CustomRecovImg.img", you can instead type "fastboot boot CustomRecovImg.img" and it should boot into recovery mode using the image you specified.

Posted (edited)

Thanks

Exactly, I can't believe that succinct instructions like these aren't on Amon Ra's guide. You'd think the easiest option would be listed. Okay, you've lost your warranty if you've unlocked your bootloader but some people don't really care, or are careful :angry:

Edited by haxd