I8000 LITE ROMs by Lancez

Guest Lancez

Guest Lancez
HARDCORE! ahah

professor lancez we are ready to learn from u :(

+1 :(

guys, i can't make it today, sorry. dont have much spare time, my boss is chasing my A$% to get something done b4 this weekend. i have to sneak around to get my posts up.

Guest speedfrog
guys, i can't make it today, sorry. dont have much spare time, my boss is chasing my A$% to get something done b4 this weekend. i have to sneak around to get my posts up.

ok, but be careful so you do not get fired, by posting on modaco :(

Edited by speedfrog

Guest Lancez
ok, but be careful so you do not get fired, by posting on modaco :P

dont worry, if i got fired i can borrow your AX......:( give me your wallet! :(

Guest shadowangel
i'll be ok, thanks for your concern :(

oh, just a headsup, watch the ROM section, there will be a raising star coming tonight :P

Damn! I hate being curious! :(

Guest dinhductao
JF5_0716 is a 6.5 not 6.5.3 :( about the auto closing, i have no idea. seems fine on my end as well as other users. which task manager are u using? coz i didnt cook any task managers in the ROM except WM default one. if u can give a bit more info, might help to find out what the problem is.

Hi Lancez ! It seems that I've found the way to resolve the auto-close problem. I've tried to install SKTools app and then used it to disable a WM service called "Task Monitor" which auto starts with Windows. I've changed it from "Auto" mode to "Manual" mode and reboot so now I can open about six apps at the same time. The free RAM memory about 50MB, the phone is slower but I still can work well. Each of opened apps keeps on running in the background until I close it. It's great ! :(

post-698239-1280288601_thumb.jpg

Guest Lancez
Hi Lancez ! It seems that I've found the way to resolve the auto-close problem. I've tried to install SKTools app and then used it to disable a WM service called "Task Monitor" which auto starts with Windows. I've changed it from "Auto" mode to "Manual" mode and reboot so now I can open about six apps at the same time. The free RAM memory about 50MB, the phone is slower but I still can work well. Each of opened apps keeps on running in the background until I close it. It's great ! :(

post-698239-1280288601_thumb.jpg

thats great. thanks for the trick

Guest previa

Dear Lancez san

do you have the "Windows Default cab." that i can to installed in any lite ROM which is without this Application function ?

thanks a lot :(

Edited by previa

Guest Lancez
Dear Lancez san

do you have the "Windows Default cab." that i can to installed in any lite ROM which is without this Application function ?

thanks a lot :(

go to twu2 JE2 lite thread and get chome cab. works on all 6.5s :( i dont have my laptop now, can't upload

Guest Crezymunky

Thanks Lancez for the Roms, there is some amazing stuff going on here, and I plan to install one of the Roms this weekend. I currently am running JC4PDA/JA2CSC/JA1Phone.

A Couple questions for you/ rom junkies....

1. Since I really only use IGO8/Mail/Elecont weather/Exchange Sync calendar and the movie player, which version would you recommend?

2. Also, I have found the the movie player has actually performed a little differently between rom versions, and with the ROM I have installed, I usually have to turn off the phone for smooth playback. Have you / other cookers looked at tweaks for this? (ex-removing resolution cap, etc)

3. What are your thoughts on the overclocking work, and do you see that becoming a part of future roms?

4. What would be your ultimate rom setup, one where you could just turn on the phone, and know you did not have to make changes, just input your personal info / and have you already achieved that with the 6.5 rom? (a appreciate the roms, but i usually wait for the cooker to say, this is what i use, and is the crown of my work)

5. Is there a way to save Email setup / exchange setup / personal info / to migrate from rom to rom? I would like to see a cab file that lets a user input this stuff once, and then save it for installing to any rom.

I may have overlooked it, but put a PP link up and a donation to the cause will come your way!

Munky

Guest Lancez
Thanks Lancez for the Roms, there is some amazing stuff going on here, and I plan to install one of the Roms this weekend. I currently am running JC4PDA/JA2CSC/JA1Phone.

A Couple questions for you/ rom junkies....

1. Since I really only use IGO8/Mail/Elecont weather/Exchange Sync calendar and the movie player, which version would you recommend?

2. Also, I have found the the movie player has actually performed a little differently between rom versions, and with the ROM I have installed, I usually have to turn off the phone for smooth playback. Have you / other cookers looked at tweaks for this? (ex-removing resolution cap, etc)

3. What are your thoughts on the overclocking work, and do you see that becoming a part of future roms?

4. What would be your ultimate rom setup, one where you could just turn on the phone, and know you did not have to make changes, just input your personal info / and have you already achieved that with the 6.5 rom? (a appreciate the roms, but i usually wait for the cooker to say, this is what i use, and is the crown of my work)

5. Is there a way to save Email setup / exchange setup / personal info / to migrate from rom to rom? I would like to see a cab file that lets a user input this stuff once, and then save it for installing to any rom.

I may have overlooked it, but put a PP link up and a donation to the cause will come your way!

Munky

1. i recommend you to flash ZHJC2 lite ( see reason below )

2. i dont use my phone to watch movies, but i have read that ZHJC2 is the only ROM which can handle HD movies without skipping, although i'm not 100% positive.

3. i don't use overclocking and never will. i can run sense ROMs without it. unless i started to hate my toy :(

4. i currently dont have such ROM handy, as i stated on first post, these ROMs are just my experiments. and have not decided wether i wanna go down that road or not, yet. with these ROMs, u can pretty much stack things up until you are satisfied.

5. you can use SKTool, sashimi or PMbackup to get everything backed up.

i'm doing it just for the guys here on Modaco, not for donations. but thanks for your concern and your appreciation is well received :(

Guest Crezymunky
1. i recommend you to flash ZHJC2 lite ( see reason below )

2. i dont use my phone to watch movies, but i have read that ZHJC2 is the only ROM which can handle HD movies without skipping, although i'm not 100% positive.

3. i don't use overclocking and never will. i can run sense ROMs without it. unless i started to hate my toy :(

4. i currently dont have such ROM handy, as i stated on first post, these ROMs are just my experiments. and have not decided wether i wanna go down that road or not, yet. with these ROMs, u can pretty much stack things up until you are satisfied.

5. you can use SKTool, sashimi or PMbackup to get everything backed up.

i'm doing it just for the guys here on Modaco, not for donations. but thanks for your concern and your appreciation is well received :(

I have seen you across the same forums i have been looking in to, and I have been curious as to your experiences. I appreciate your answers, and look forward to flashing the suggested rom this weekend.

Thanks buddy! :P

Guest Astracat_95

Hi Lancez I have tried 2 of your roms but I couldn't get 3G to work, I did a hard reset after flashing each time but no internet.

It seemed nice and fast, though.

Which CSC and Phone would you recommend flashing with this rom?

I have been using JF5 with the corresponding CSC and Phone + eBoot.

My handset is i8000 UK model if that helps.

Guest Lancez
please czech lite rom JF5 and all programs cz for install much please

give me the ROM dump and i'll see what i can do when i have chance. but i will not do cabs,.

Guest Lancez
Hi Lancez I have tried 2 of your roms but I couldn't get 3G to work, I did a hard reset after flashing each time but no internet.

It seemed nice and fast, though.

Which CSC and Phone would you recommend flashing with this rom?

I have been using JF5 with the corresponding CSC and Phone + eBoot.

My handset is i8000 UK model if that helps.

assuming that u have flashed JF5v.T, i have no idea why u dont get 3g. those ROMs will auto detect and configure internet

Guest speedfrog
@ speedfrog, jmsmartins

if u guys saw this, i'll have some free time after an hour. i will be waiting on msn :(

im here :(

i have win7, will that be a problem?

Edited by speedfrog

Guest speedfrog

i got the romdump for JF5 in norwegian language, is it worth to download,flash and make a romdump of JG4?

Edited by speedfrog