I8000 LITE ROMs by Lancez

Guest Lancez

Guest latinoguy

Hey I installed you rom the one with the T, everything goes fine, just something that i dont know how to fix it, is the autocreation of folders XMEInst877ECB·67BA1BA2 of course that the name changes in every folder, but i have found 30 folders like this created on my memory i dont know how to fix it or how to stop it, thanks.

Guest HAL_9000

Hello Lancez. Is it possible to change pagepool by any tool? I'm using your JF5_v.T WM6.5 with Titanium from JE2. If I connect phone to PC in USB mode(Storage Card or My Storage), than Omnia almost freezes and I must restart Titanium. So 15MB pagepoool wasn't improve it. And I would like to change pagepool to 8MB (at least for more RAM).

Guest johnchua55
Hey I installed you rom the one with the T, everything goes fine, just something that i dont know how to fix it, is the autocreation of folders XMEInst877ECB·67BA1BA2 of course that the name changes in every folder, but i have found 30 folders like this created on my memory i dont know how to fix it or how to stop it, thanks.

i think those are temporary files used by programs ...... you can change the directory where it is placed using SKTools ..... under TUNE UP ! .... under system memory and Speed

for example change "Temporary folder for some apps" to \My Storage\Application\volatile ....... create the folder in my storage

Guest pulak861
JF5-lite is based on JF5 semi-official ROM poste by master Twu2 in this forum. u will find JF5's eboot,CSC and phone part there.

dude just a bit of help is needed..... can you give me the link of master twu2's this rom... seems theres a lot of rom by him in this forum..... couldnt find the exact topic....... can you please mark it out for me????? really nervous..... you know about 1st time flashing dont you???? :)

Guest Lancez
dude just a bit of help is needed..... can you give me the link of master twu2's this rom... seems theres a lot of rom by him in this forum..... couldnt find the exact topic....... can you please mark it out for me????? really nervous..... you know about 1st time flashing dont you???? :)

go here. dont be nervous, just follow the instruction and u'll be fine. dont forget to hardreset as i stated on the first post.

Guest Lancez
Hello Lancez. Is it possible to change pagepool by any tool? I'm using your JF5_v.T WM6.5 with Titanium from JE2. If I connect phone to PC in USB mode(Storage Card or My Storage), than Omnia almost freezes and I must restart Titanium. So 15MB pagepoool wasn't improve it. And I would like to change pagepool to 8MB (at least for more RAM).

well, i haven't had any problems with that. if u wanna change the pp to 8mb, u can use wes58's tool to do that by following shadowangel's guide. but to be honest, u'll have a lot more freez and laggy if u use 8mb.

P.S. beside, a new ROM should be coming out this afternoon ( my local time ). u might wanna hold on a little :) newer than JG4 :D

Guest johnchua55

pulak861,

if it's your first time to flash i'd suggest you skip flashing the eboot .... until at least you're sure of what you're doing ..... a friend had just ask me to instruct him how to flash his phone .... anyway that's what i told him to do .... first time flash just the CSC and/or phone part ... to make sure if he's octans is working properly with the right set of drivers . afterwards after confirming succesful flash did he go ahead and flashed all parts again.

Guest HAL_9000
well, i haven't had any problems with that
Yes, because you aren't using Titanium. I've never found ROM without this problem. :D

P.S. beside, a new ROM should be coming out this afternoon ( my local time ). u might wanna hold on a little cool.gif newer than JG4 cool.gif

I am very curious... :)

Guest Lancez
Yes, because you aren't using Titanium. I've never found ROM without this problem. :D

I am very curious... :)

interestingly, i am using titanium and still dont have mass storage problem.

stay tuned

Guest HAL_9000

Lancez, you had right! Thanks for new version :)

So will be JG5_v.T?? Or there is no reason to upgrade? Your JF5_v.T is still the best ROM I've ever used.

Edited by HAL_9000

Guest pulak861
pulak861,

if it's your first time to flash i'd suggest you skip flashing the eboot .... until at least you're sure of what you're doing ..... a friend had just ask me to instruct him how to flash his phone .... anyway that's what i told him to do .... first time flash just the CSC and/or phone part ... to make sure if he's octans is working properly with the right set of drivers . afterwards after confirming succesful flash did he go ahead and flashed all parts again.

thanks for your valuable opinion..... didnt skip the eboot part...... everything seems to be working well............

Guest pulak861
go here. dont be nervous, just follow the instruction and u'll be fine. dont forget to hardreset as i stated on the first post.

did everything............ heres the bottom line....

PDA : i8000nxxjf5

csc : i8000xsoij2 (didnt change)

PHONE : i8000xxjf1

am i good to go???????????

Guest pulak861

well its not a big problem...... the only problem i found with this rom is that the default album art for the touch player is deleted and when ever i play a song without album art the pink default album art does not appear and instead of that a black graphically horrible ''SOMETHING'' appears in middle of the touch player..... any way to fix this??????

Guest Lancez
well its not a big problem...... the only problem i found with this rom is that the default album art for the touch player is deleted and when ever i play a song without album art the pink default album art does not appear and instead of that a black graphically horrible ''SOMETHING'' appears in middle of the touch player..... any way to fix this??????

this is the nature of this ROM, unless u replace the touchplayer .exe from a version that made u happy

Guest Lancez
Lancez, you had right! Thanks for new version :D

So will be JG5_v.T?? Or there is no reason to upgrade? Your JF5_v.T is still the best ROM I've ever used.

i dont have plan to make a JG5v.T, u can check s.h.a.r.k's ROM topic and i think hes doing a great job. i really dont have much time lately.

Guest dinhductao

Hi Lancez! Unfortunately, My Storage has been lost after I flashed a ROM from PDAViet. Last night, it runs fast and stable but today morning it got stuck so I turned it off. When I turned on again, I found that My Storage has been lost. I've read a lot of threads about this, so I think it's a fault in manufacture. Do you think so? What should I do now ? Flashing an other ROM will resolve it? Waiting for your help, thanks!

Guest terry188

I need help urgent..when I install WM6.5 to my omnia 2 via octans...my usb cable got problems...the WM6.5 not yet fully install and now can not turn on my phone and the octans can not detect my phone...anyone can help me??Very thanks..

Guest Lancez
Hi Lancez! Unfortunately, My Storage has been lost after I flashed a ROM from PDAViet. Last night, it runs fast and stable but today morning it got stuck so I turned it off. When I turned on again, I found that My Storage has been lost. I've read a lot of threads about this, so I think it's a fault in manufacture. Do you think so? What should I do now ? Flashing an other ROM will resolve it? Waiting for your help, thanks!

which rom did u flash? u can try to set USB connection to mass storage the choose my storage. connect to ur pc, if ur pc detect an external disk then just format it, should be able to bring it back. if not, u might wanna take it to servic center.

Guest Lancez
I need help urgent..when I install WM6.5 to my omnia 2 via octans...my usb cable got problems...the WM6.5 not yet fully install and now can not turn on my phone and the octans can not detect my phone...anyone can help me??Very thanks..

a little more info?

Guest terry188
a little more info?

When i flushing rom the usb got contract problem...so the rom can not fully flushing to my phone..and now i turn on my omnia 2 just show a picture that one computer and one phone like disconnect....can not enter WM and shutdown the phone...i just can shutdown my phone by taking out battery....just wonder beside octans,do have any mothed or software can detect the omnia 2 which is turn off and flush a rom into the phone???very thanks for help..

Guest Lancez
When i flushing rom the usb got contract problem...so the rom can not fully flushing to my phone..and now i turn on my omnia 2 just show a picture that one computer and one phone like disconnect....can not enter WM and shutdown the phone...i just can shutdown my phone by taking out battery....just wonder beside octans,do have any mothed or software can detect the omnia 2 which is turn off and flush a rom into the phone???very thanks for help..

in that case, flash one of the official ROMs will fix your problem. and Octan is the only to flash the phone so far. which ROM did u flash?

Guest shadowangel

Your last flashing did not end so the phone will not turn on. You have to flash it again. just remember not to turn the phone on when using octans... it detects the phone by itself.

Remove the battery for it to shut down first.