HTC's 1.21.405.2 - does it undo the rooting

Guest jango1

Guest jango1

Hi All,

I've rooted my HTC Desire with Paul's ROM and everything works well. Thanks for the good work!

My question is: HTC is now pushing OTA 1.21.405.2. Is it safe to install or will it undo the rooting?

Guest hazi1964
Hi All,

I've rooted my HTC Desire with Paul's ROM and everything works well. Thanks for the good work!

My question is: HTC is now pushing OTA 1.21.405.2. Is it safe to install or will it undo the rooting?

No, it will unroot your device. If you go into settings, about phone, you should see a tab for software updates, select that and untick automatic schedule and you won't get the messages to install later versions any more.

Alison

Guest Michelle My Belle
No, it will unroot your device. If you go into settings, about phone, you should see a tab for software updates, select that and untick automatic schedule and you won't get the messages to install later versions any more.

Alison

Just info:

It doesn't seem to work any way.

Any attempt on my Desire (unbranded) gave an error as soon as I tried to install the 'said' update while 'rooted' on Paul's sarting ROM...

So I guess it's back to unrooted official RUU files if you want to upgrade at a later date...

MMB.

Edited by Michelle My Belle