[TUTORIAL] How to Change the Pagepool to your liking

Guest shadowangel

Guest shadowangel

You want a specific ROM with the pagepool adapted to your liking and The Evil :angry: Cook doesn't answer to your prayers???? :lol:

Never Fear!! I'm here with the Power of Wes58's RomTool to help you out on this fearsome quest! :D

First things first! :(

1. UnRAR the attached Wes58's RomTool 3.0.1 on any place on your computer (it is an arranged Wes58's RomTool to make it easier for new guys :D). It will create a folder called Wes58RomTool and you must put your .nb0 file on the same folder as the romTool.exe

post-549002-1279647650_thumb.jpg

2. Open romTool.exe and click on the button as described:

post-549002-1279647666_thumb.jpg

3. Select the folder Wes58RomTool and click OK:

post-549002-1279647681_thumb.jpg

4. Press the button Select File:

post-549002-1279647698_thumb.jpg

5. Go to the Wes58RomTool folder and select the .nb0 of the ROM you want the pagepool changed and press Open:

post-549002-1279647724_thumb.jpg

6. Do the following steps:

6.1. Select CREATE .nb0 FILE FROM .nb, .bin / MODIFY .nb0 FILE;

6.2. Select Change Page Pool Value;

6.3. Put your new Page Pool on the described field;

6.3.1 Optionally, you can put the new ROM file name on the field New PDA nb0

6.4. Press Run

post-549002-1279647742_thumb.jpg

7. You will get a message like this:

post-549002-1279647756_thumb.jpg

8. Go to the Finished ROM folder and grab your fast and personalized new ROM! :P

post-549002-1279647771_thumb.jpg

You can go back to steps 2, 3 and 4 to check if it did as asked (the new pagepool must appear on the Current (MB) field ;)

Cheers!

Ps.: There may be newer versions of Wes58's romTool so always check his thread. You just need to move everything from _template to the same folder as romTool.exe :lol:

Thanks to

Wes58 - for his RomTool, of course! :lol:

Wes58RomTool.rar

Edited by shadowangel

Guest kipps

Does the change of the pagepool size solove my problem: with 8Mb based pagepool cooked rom, the samsung photo viewer hungs during refreshing image list. I have now lots of wallpapers (1 gb witch is about 15000 wallpapers). Previously had 20 Mb pagepool size in non-modified stock JC1 rom and I haven't noticed problem with hanging the phone...

Is increasement of pagepool the solution for my problem?

Guest jmsmartins
Does the change of the pagepool size solove my problem: with 8Mb based pagepool cooked rom, the samsung photo viewer hungs during refreshing image list. I have now lots of wallpapers (1 gb witch is about 15000 wallpapers). Previously had 20 Mb pagepool size in non-modified stock JC1 rom and I haven't noticed problem with hanging the phone...

give it a shot and report :(

Guest kipps

Followed by the shadowangels' tutorial changeg the pagepool from 10 MB to 20 MB, and I haven't noticed any difference with uploadnig such a great number of files...

My solution for this problem must be somewhwere else....

Great tutorial!!!

Guest shadowangel
great tute! is there a way of changing the page pool once the ROM is already flashed? like changing it from the phone.. cheers

I don't think so...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dinhductao

Hi shadowangel! Is there any relations between pagepool size and battery life? Will the bigger pagepool size make battery drains faster ?

Guest shadowangel
Hi shadowangel! Is there any relations between pagepool size and battery life? Will the bigger pagepool size make battery drains faster ?

I don't think so :)

Guest mdkpnj

What is the relationship between pagepool and speed. I think on the Omnia 1 the sweet spot was like 16 or 20 m pagepool.

On the O2 it seems like people want it down at 12 for more RAM, but hos does that impact responsiveness?

• 1 month later...
Guest shadowangel
What is the relationship between pagepool and speed. I think on the Omnia 1 the sweet spot was like 16 or 20 m pagepool.

On the O2 it seems like people want it down at 12 for more RAM, but hos does that impact responsiveness?

Windows Mobile uses the pagepool just like Windows with its Virtual Memory... If you put too much there there won't be any improvement and you will just lose free space. It's been said around that a good value is between 8 and 15 Mb