27/Jul r3b MG Custom Rom for pulse mini

Guest gforums

Guest Gjole86

u can just wait couple of days, there will be full custom (2.1) rom released with alot more power then MG mod. this rom will include a2sd, jit, swap, small overclock.

in other words, whole new device :)

Guest kallt_kaffe
Huawei is exposed to the Pulse Mini kernel. In principle, this one will make a 2.2?

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/prod...&treeId=37#

Sorry but Huawei just released the same source code as T-mobile released in June. Nothing new...

However the U8220 runs Android 2.2 with a 2.6.29 kernel with a 2.2 they compile themselves from the AOSP so it may be possible to make something like that also for the U81xx phones. I don't think they have full hardware support though as they would need source codes for all the hardware specific libs for that.

What would be a breakthrough is if Huawei ever releases the U8150 kernel. Then we may be able to adjust it to work better on the U8100/10/20 phones and use the U8150 Android 2.2 on our phones. Feel free to pester Huawei with demands that they release the U8150 kernel source. I'm trying but it's been a lonely mission so far.

Guest tronke

Someone, please help me!

I've installed the ROM (for the second time), I wiped pretty much everything before it, and it works flawlessly ...

... except that I can't save any new contacts and I can't load them from my SIM. Which in principle is fixed in the r3b release (thats the one I'm using btw).

I can save a contact, if I call a number, add the number to a contact from the phone log, and save it under favorites. I'll see it under my starred contacts, but the normal contacts list stays empty.

Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers,

Tronke

Hello

No sound output on earphone.

Sometime after reboot i have sound, but only for 1-2 hours..

Any idea?

Hali

Egyre surubben elmegy a hang a gepemrol, csak fulhalgaton van.

Nehanyszor ujrainditas utan megint van, de az ritka.

5let?

• 2 weeks later...

Please excuse me if my questions are silly, but will that work on Huawei U8120 (Vodafone 845) ? And what languages are bundled with the firmware? Is that possible to get Russian somewhere (borrow from another Android phone for example?), I am even ready to donate a bit for that.

• 1 month later...
Guest SajtMano
Hello

No sound output on earphone.

Sometime after reboot i have sound, but only for 1-2 hours..

Any idea?

Hali

Egyre surubben elmegy a hang a gepemrol, csak fulhalgaton van.

Nehanyszor ujrainditas utan megint van, de az ritka.

5let?

Try to clean the jack connector

Próbáld meg kitakarítani a jack csatlakozót

• 3 weeks later...
Try to clean the jack connector

Próbáld meg kitakarítani a jack csatlakozót

I bought an Huawei u8300 a few days ago. It has almost the same hardware as my beloved T-Mobile Pulse Mini, the only difference is the Hardware Keyboard (I'm loving it!), a trackball and smaller screen (2.6").

It has Android 2.1. Do you think it's possible to root it as the Pulse Mini? Any chance to install Pulse Mini rom on u8300?

Guest mkdgandra
u can just wait couple of days, there will be full custom (2.1) rom released with alot more power then MG mod. this rom will include a2sd, jit, swap, small overclock.

in other words, whole new device :)

Zdravo

druze

dali imas froyo ROM za tmobile pulse mini?

daj predlog za nekoj dobar custum rom ama proveren

pozzz

• 3 weeks later...
Guest braddersss

ok i know im a bit late here but could anyone help me out,

after i have succesfully flashed r3b mgcustom and installed apps, if i remove my sdcard my apps dont work, so now how do i go about swapping cards as i have just bought an 8gb one,

• 2 weeks later...
Guest braddersss

ok i got round my problem in the above post by simply re-flashing mgcustomrom with the new sd card in,

but as i have more than 1 8gb sd card is there a way to be able to interchange them as i would like 1 with tv series on, 1 with films on etc,

i have just attempted to copy over all the files from the working 8gb card to a blank one but the phone boots up with no apps installed, i re-inserted the working 8gb and i get force close on every app that should be installed untill i pull the battery so im now stuck having to re-flash again and am still unable to use multiple sd cards,

can anyone shed any light on this?

thanks in advance,

Braddersss

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fishingvoid

i successfully installed mg rom to my pulse mini sorted sd card to let apps to sd everything worked fine but then i got a bigger sd card so when partitioned it mg custom rom started playing up so tried to flash with it again but at start up it was just a blank screen ive also tried other roms and the only one that will start is mikes rom but cant seem to get it to allow apps to sd. hope you can help as i loved the mg rom

cheers Doug

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Nitronoddy

Hi all,

First of let me say hello as this is my first post onMoDaCo :0)

I've just got Tmobile Pulse mini after my iPhone has finally died after 4 years hard service. I was very nervous about coming over to android but my god....i wish i'd done it sooner...Now i know this isnt the best android phone but it will do until i can afford a better droid handset :D

I got my pulse mini on Monday and 1 hour later i had MG's rom up and running sweet as a pea :D and this was from someone that had never even held an android phone before. So a big thanks to the people that spend the time to create this rom and also the fantastic IDIOT proof walkthru.... it was painless !

No to find out how to get Froyo on it :(

Thanks again and keep making these great roms

Best wishes Glenn

P.S anyone know why Fancy Widget doesnt save my location for the weather? i've tried allowing it to 'set my location manually' and also by inputting it myself.. many thanks for all responses to this

Edited by Nitronoddy

Guest cedric123
Hi all,

First of let me say hello as this is my first post onMoDaCo :0)

I've just got Tmobile Pulse mini after my iPhone has finally died after 4 years hard service. I was very nervous about coming over to android but my god....i wish i'd done it sooner...Now i know this isnt the best android phone but it will do until i can afford a better droid handset :D

I got my pulse mini on Monday and 1 hour later i had MG's rom up and running sweet as a pea :D and this was from someone that had never even held an android phone before. So a big thanks to the people that spend the time to create this rom and also the fantastic IDIOT proof walkthru.... it was painless !

No to find out how to get Froyo on it :(

Thanks again and keep making these great roms

Best wishes Glenn

P.S anyone know why Fancy Widget doesnt save my location for the weather? i've tried allowing it to 'set my location manually' and also by inputting it myself.. many thanks for all responses to this

Go here

Here is a Froyo ROM and much more eclair ROMs

xda-developers has much more active pulse mini users than here this forum is kinda dead

Guest Nitronoddy

Hi when is the Parse error likely to be fixed? trying to install App2SD and it fails :D and is this great rom ever likely to reach Froyo status?

many thanks Glenn

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest ZapMe

Hi

Im trying to install this custom rom, but when i boot up in bootloader mode i dont get a menu just a blank screen

Im using a ibook g3, do i need to install anything else? Am i missing some important detail?

lol im a simpleton and need help :mellow:

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jamieleegoode

hey im going to ask a stupid question how difficult is it to flash, install, boot etc the custom roms? I mean compared to say installing a CFW on a psp, or installing the Acekard2i software on a MircSD for DS Lite, or Unlocking the Wii with Homebrew channel and installing WADS

Ive read a few posts and there seems to be a lot of files [programs that are all similar, as in the recovery files and then the ROMs themselves, are there clear favourite ones or the most popular [problem-less]

Cheers Jamie

[i have done the things ive mentioned above without difficulty or with very few probs]

Edited by jamieleegoode

Guest Thar
hey im going to ask a stupid question how difficult is it to flash, install, boot etc the custom roms? I mean compared to say installing a CFW on a psp, or installing the Acekard2i software on a MircSD for DS Lite, or Unlocking the Wii with Homebrew channel and installing WADS

Ive read a few posts and there seems to be a lot of files [programs that are all similar, as in the recovery files and then the ROMs themselves, are there clear favourite ones or the most popular [problem-less]

Cheers Jamie

[i have done the things ive mentioned above without difficulty or with very few probs]

It's not difficult if you follow the instructions carefully. Even if you go wrong, you can usually recover.

• 1 month later...