• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Scorchio

19 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

scorchio1.pngscorchio2.pngscorchio3.png

Welcome to 'Paul's App of the Day', where I pick one of my favourite apps as featured app of the day! Today's app is...

Scorchio

What they say

Scorchio is an application designed to search the popular UK based site called hotukdeals. The application allows you to view the top deals, create custom searches, and bookmark deals for future use.

What we say

If - like me - you're a bit of a sucker for a bargain then there's a good chance you've heard of the HotUKDeals website. It costs me a fortune. :( Well, Scorchio is a great client for viewing and searching deals on the site. It includes the feature to bookmark a deal to return to later but, if you see something you want, you best be quick - deals expire quickly! :P

Permissions

ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE / INTERNET

Download

View Scorchio at Cyrket (Scorchio is not on AppBrain at the time of writing).

QRcode

To use, install 'Barcode Scanner' from the Android Market.

scorchio.qrcode.png

Price

FREE

Market star rating at time of writing

4.11 (70 ratings)

Version at time of writing

Similar / Alternative apps

None that I am aware of.

Suggested improvements for the next version

I'd like to see the graphics updated for high DPI devices (they're a bit fuzzy atm!)

Have your say

Fan of Colornote? Found something better? Just wanna share your experiences? Post below! :(

Posted (edited) · Report post

Fan of Colornote?

or Scorchio :(.

Edited by goatee

Posted · Report post

Scorchio!

Posted · Report post

Lol! However did Paul Whitehouse go from that, to "Aviva2 adverts :(.

Scorchio!

Posted (edited) · Report post

Can't find it in the market on a UK Tmobile HTC Desire? :(

Edit: http://scorchio.cnbn.net/scorchio2.apk :(

Edit 2: Meh... keeps force closing when you click on a deal :P

Edited by badgerarc

Posted · Report post

i cant find it either

Posted · Report post

i cant find it either

x2

Posted · Report post

i thought this was sumtin like a scorched earth for android :( .. am disappointed.. :(

Posted · Report post

cant find either :(

Posted · Report post

Can't find it on the market even after scanning the code.

Oddly enough was searching for this earlier before I saw you had it as app f the day.

Posted · Report post

i had this problem when i went from 1.5 to 2.1. I took a titanium copy so if people are still having problems tonight i'll see if i can upload it.

Posted · Report post

i had this problem when i went from 1.5 to 2.1. I took a titanium copy so if people are still having problems tonight i'll see if i can upload it.

That would be great - thanks.

Posted · Report post

Looking at the screenshots, looks like someone isn't converting from unicode properly :(

Posted · Report post

ok any idea of a nice site to load files for the public? I've put them in the public forlder of my drop box but i don't know how to share it

Posted · Report post

ok any idea of a nice site to load files for the public? I've put them in the public forlder of my drop box but i don't know how to share it

It looks like you can just post a link - the relevant help on Dropbox is here - Visit My Website

Posted · Report post

It looks like you can just post a link - the relevant help on Dropbox is here - Visit My Website

Interested

Posted · Report post

given up with drop box, tried 4shared. If this works please tell me! I also have copied 3 files as those were the only ones called scorchio, if there should be more again, tell me!

http://www.4shared.com/dir/1Caxxi7f/sharing.html

Posted · Report post

given up with drop box, tried 4shared. If this works please tell me! I also have copied 3 files as those were the only ones called scorchio, if there should be more again, tell me!

http://www.4shared.com/dir/1Caxxi7f/sharing.html

Thanks - but no too sure what I should do with the .lzop file?

Posted · Report post

There is now a new hot uk deals app available in the Android Market :- hotukdeals droid.

hotukdeals droid v1.2 - App Brain Link

http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.gluestickapps.android.hukd

Even though the App Brain site says it supports Android 2.1 and above, the app now supports Android 1.6 and above.