MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bbawden
I

Mine only required the extra press the first time I loaded it. Now it starts up already listening and only displays that other screen if I press help.

Oh, OK. I'll have a look and see if mine does that.

Long press on the hardware search button on the Desire brings the voice search up for me and it's listening straight away.

Ah, but I have the long press of search mapped to Handcent quick compose.

Thanks, I'm sure I can cope somehow.

Maps 4.4.0 modified by squrl / brut is now an option in the kitchen!

P

w00t, I am honored! :D

Can someone give me an idiots guide to what this does? Tried looking at the link but still clueless. If I install this, does it mean if google bring out an update to gmaps it won't update? What are the benefits?

Thanks

You will be able to update, though you lose the advantages of the Brut mod as the updated app will be completely stock.

The main feature of Brut mod is it enables navigation in countries without official nav support from Google. But even if your country is officially supported, you can still benefit from the map caching feature Brut mod offers. With caching enabled, you can hugely reduce your data usage.

Sorry for repeating myself but do you have any solution to this FAT32 partition corruption when using APP2SD and attaching SD Card as Disk Drive?

Detailes here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...for-developers/

No, but i'll look into it.

P

Hi Paul

Did you end up looking in to this corruption issue? Is it safer to use Froyo Apps2SD in the interim?

I remember though when i installed the mod manually that i needed to use the 'with navipanel' option because even if the app is renamed it still keeps a maps.brut internal name somewhere and it can't be run with Car Panel.

Yeah, that was before I reverted the package name back to stock. Now the apps, which are in some way using the Maps doesn't have to be modified anymore.

I baked a new rom and installed over my existing r8. The modified maps does not show up in the app-list.

I REALLY dont want to wipe. It has not been needed before when stuff got updated.

Guest vfrvulcan
change log from wip r8 10th aug to wip r8 aug 17th please ?

The Man's on a roll, don't stop him to do a changelog now! :D

Great work Paul, thanx

Aaron

I wonder if this would help that issue?

http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.protocol.x.USB

(caveat: Not tried it!)

P

At the moment I'm too scared to connect my phone by USB! I'm doing all my transfers by wireless which is fine, it'd just be nice to not have that potential risk if I do one day use USB. I think I might give Froyo Apps2SD a go and see if that'll work for me.

Guest Asselberghs

So if I don´t select Nexus One boot animation I´ll get a MoDaCo boot animation? you got me curious now I want to bake this rom.

How is it´s stability compared to my current R5? is it good enough for me to use in general, making calls texting and such? or is it more unstable and too risky for everyday use compared to r5?

Haha woot Paul! :D

I almost spit coffee out over my phone when i saw the MoDaCo-Boot-animation! ;)

Add a Stock HTC Boot-anim in kitchen pl0x? ^^

Look closer, I already did. :D

P

So if I don´t select Nexus One boot animation I´ll get a MoDaCo boot animation? you got me curious now I want to bake this rom.

How is it´s stability compared to my current R5? is it good enough for me to use in general, making calls texting and such? or is it more unstable and too risky for everyday use compared to r5?

It's extremely stable and almost ready for primetime. :D

P

Guest FluidDynamic

Thanks for the good work, Paul!

I have a small request... would it be possible to have the stock Froyo Email app as an option in the kitchen?

Guest pfsykes

@Paul Can you chnage the Disable sound boost to Enable sound boot to enabled if ticked i keep missing this out.

Have you included the WIFI keep alive if not can you make this an option to select in the kitchen.

Example

Ticked will inlude wifi keepalive and unticked will be stock wifi driver. (Some one posted this a few pages back)

Peter

Edited by pfsykes

Look closer, I already did. :D

P

Dun lie to me! ;) I doublechecked it after i saw the bootscreen! ^^.

Anyways... Imma go try the HTC Desire battery saving-tips from HTC now... So i wont reboot it yet ^^.

I aint gonna reflash coz of a bootanim, haha :D.