[ROM] LS 2.1.4 - Only the best for your Liquid! Eclair 2/9/10

Guest LSteam

Guest Rajit

Im really surprised at how disrespectful people can be. To all who think LCR team is "yapping" about credis, consider how you would feel if someone used all your work as a base for their work, removed all your branding from your work, and in the credits just thanked you for "some" of it.

And all of you who are ranting malez and saying that he's just pissed of that LS is better than LCR (which I think is false), then I dont think you have any clue as to how much malez has contributed to the community: right from the recovery which we all take for granted, to all the hand coded scripts, and so on. It's easier to rant someone when you don't know how much hard work goes into development. If you don't believe me, give it a shot, and you'll know. If it was easy, then there would be like a 100 liquid roms...

And finally @malez, vache and piter, why don't you guys just put your work under a creative commons-attribution licence?? If you do, then the work stays under the open source domain, people can use it to develop their own roms, but anyone who uses any of your work would be legally bound to credit you for all of the work. I think this is the way to go.

And people, if you can't be supportive, then please don't be disrespective.

Edited by Rajit

Guest LSteam

HI ALL

iìm on holydays... sorry for the credits... I WILL REINSTERT IT UNTIL 2 DAYS.... i haven't the ls project now... very sorry, i used old script from LS 2.0 without credits...

no problems... just wait 2 days...thanks :)

BYE and thanks all again!

Guest skitbra8934

rajit.. i would do as is stated in the post above yours.

heck i would try to talk to the guy to bolster the current work as his roms are faster and suck less battery and is smoother also.

he apparently is doing something right with the roms.

but all we see is a bunch of 15y old whining instead of talking to the guy.

Guest Ramdanih

I love this ROM. But there seems to be constraints on the copyright. I hope this can be done in a way Snakeskin Gourami fine. and not protracted.

And I hope LS team, Malez, Xian, LCR team, and others. Joined forces to create a powerful ROM.

thanks google translate.

Guest Rajit
rajit.. i would do as is stated in the post above yours.

heck i would try to talk to the guy to bolster the current work as his roms are faster and suck less battery and is smoother also.

he apparently is doing something right with the roms.

but all we see is a bunch of 15y old whining instead of talking to the guy.

I agree with you that things could have been handled in a more mature way, but don't you think that many people in the community are behaving even worse than "15" yr olds?

Guest fischschneehase
well I have been using both the lcr team and xian work in my roms and no1 cares - but i have given credit and not removed the script credits either ...

either that or no1 has tryed my rom or cares :)

I prefer my rom though so I dont care

1+

Guest vache
HI ALL

iìm on holydays... sorry for the credits... I WILL REINSTERT IT UNTIL 2 DAYS.... i haven't the ls project now... very sorry, i used old script from LS 2.0 without credits...

no problems... just wait 2 days...thanks :D

Thx

@three_pineapples : you deserv a big big LOL :)

Edited by vache

Guest yapa73

Now if we are all reasonable, we stop doing incostruttive controversy. who's tried and could appreciate the improvements of this rom, I ask you, where do you need to intervene to make it even more perfect, and your personal taste?

LSteam replied briefly but precisely, To invite all those who he his speech. nobody is being damaged.

All at work.

Edited by yapa73

Guest koudelka
Oh come on. Grow a pair. not everyone is going to do EXACTLY how you would like. Of course you are correct and he shouldn't have removed the credits, but he has. You can ask him to put them back, but other than that you'll all have to learn to live with it. Things you don't like, do actually happen. If this causes you so much problem, then you really don't sound suited to open source work.

If you want to protest, you ask for the person to put the credits back in privately. If they refuse, and appear active on the forum (so you know they are not away) then you make a public post in their thread (yes just one). You don't reply to people bitching in the thread agreeing or disagreeing with you. If this is also ignored, then you announce the problem when releasing your own work, so that supporters of your work know about the problem, and can advise others to ignore the "infringing" work. This is how you do it if you want to appear professional, and not like you're 15.

Nothing I have seen is professional here. All you guys do is bitch and argue. It doesn't matter if you are right, your conduct is appalling.

LOL, what do you think they did? It is users like you who are making this way bigger.... The post by malez was a request to put back credits in the scrips he had made... They never made any comment about LS work, and we all like to get more developers in this community so they are welcome to join! This was just a request to not remove credits from the scrips like they have done in past... (this release was much better with credits though! and I am happy to see they do indeed want to make it right :) ).

also for the people who has been wondering why not all developers work on one rom together. There is no rom that could fit everyones need, and some developers have different ideas on how the rom should be like. But that does not mean that they are not working together, the developers here do communicate regularly on forums, IRC and twitter sharing their knowledge and helping each others (even for new developers like me). I have not seen LS on irc or somewhere else, but that might be because they are mostly working in italian community? (I have nothing against that). Anyways glad to see this is being resolved :D sad there became such confusion

Guest phhusson
And finally @malez, vache and piter, why don't you guys just put your work under a creative commons-attribution licence?? If you do, then the work stays under the open source domain, people can use it to develop their own roms, but anyone who uses any of your work would be legally bound to credit you for all of the work. I think this is the way to go.

I don't think anyone cares about licenses here...

Just redistributing Acer's stuff isn't allowed by Acer's license !

Guest Rajit
I don't think anyone cares about licenses here...

Just redistributing Acer's stuff isn't allowed by Acer's license !

Woops!! Now THAT I didn't know...

Guest Rajit

@LSteam

How about making a "lite" version of the rom?? I know that its possible to do so by wiping data after update, but it would be really nice if it was provided as an option.

Also, I gave the rom a try a while back (currently using 1.8), but there is one thing that bugged me a bit. While scrolling through the settings menu, there was a little stutter and it was not smooth.. I don't know if other people have the same problem, but i thought i should report it.

Guest yapa73
@LSteam

Also, I gave the rom a try a while back (currently using 1.8), but there is one thing that bugged me a bit. While scrolling through the settings menu, there was a little stutter and it was not smooth.. I don't know if other people have the same problem, but i thought i should report it.

Maximum smoothness, you have after 2 days of installation.

Time for sistem to index all. more parts of ls rom works on sd. so it take time.

try again ls.

Ls is installed like 4 days now, a change only clock to 880 , to trying smoothness with asphalt (it very ungry application) ... very good render.

I do quadrant full test this morning, a take a big 545 point. more than nexus with eclair.

Ok, for battery, you not have maximum but near.

The unique probblem i see with this OC is the trempreture when wifi tether switch on and device is attached to AC curent... the charge was stoped in emergency state.

Excuse for bad english.

Guest navygino
HI ALL

no problems... just wait 2 days...thanks :)

I would like send my great respect to all developers that we are respecting to each other.

Again, we cannot do birth control of fools...

Same, I think LSteam would also welcome other talents to "used" their work with credits.

Guest phhusson

On a side note, the credits are mostly not explicit.

What the hell does "kernel" mean for users ? "scripts" ? "v8 webkit" ? "hacks", while you could simply put explicit credits in the description you give:

- Based on the Liquid Ferrari's leak + bin 09's framework
Thanks to liquid_user and leo for the packages
- SMS App is fast and improved (SMS fix!)

- Phone App and Phone Book are faster and improved
Thanks to xian for the fixes (iirc)
- Wifi Tether
Thanks to gengaro and phhusson
- Audio hack
Thanks to xian1 for the reference
- New libwebcore.so for a faster browser
Thanks xaueious
- Touchscreen sensitivity increased
Thanks malez for the info
- Pack to OC kernel (880 mhz, 920 mhz, 998 mhz)
Thanks phhusson
- It contains two camera apps, the default one and the awesome one took from the stream's dump (720x480).
Thanks Vache for the camera app fix
- Improved boot.img (ramzswap, TS fix)
Thanks phhusson
- Ads Blocked
Thanks whereever it comes from. (I don't think you have made the ban list by yourself ...)
- A lot of fixes and much more! (multitouch, perfect 3g, APN list updated, Auto Brightness, much more)

multitouch fix is mine I guess, 3G fix is LCR's I think, APN list CM's

Even if you state some "thanks", the user can't actually know where the changes come from. Looking at your page, it looks like you made pretty much everything, which is not true.

Edited by phhusson

Guest PhilNelwyn
[...]

Again, we cannot do birth control of fools...

[...]

And you're talking about respect ? :)

[...]

Even if you state some "thanks", the user can't actually know where the changes come from. Looking at your page, it looks like you made pretty much everything, which is not true.

+1

HI ALL

sorry for the credits... [...] i used old script from LS 2.0 without credits...

Liar...

The sms.sh script is a new one coming with LCR 1.8 (and 1.7.3 patch) and you removed the credits.

(But that doesn't mean that there is no personal investment in your rom...)

Edited by PhilNelwyn

Guest kurtzweber

My two cents about developers respect... I'm an android developer, some of my apps are on market for free, using ads.

You're arguing about removing comments & credits from files, what about the "nice" feature I found in many ROMs:

- Ads Blocked

think about it... don't know if LCR has that "feature" too...

Guest gengaro86

What the hell does "kernel" mean for users ? "scripts" ? "v8 webkit" ? "hacks", while you could simply put explicit credits in the description you give:

[...]

That's exactly what the credits part should be.

Also, if phusson is candidating himself for the "President of the Twelve Colonies", I'll vote for him.

Guest andrew2511
Also, if phusson is candidating himself for the "President of the Twelve Colonies", I'll vote for him.

+1 i'll vote for him too. :)

Guest LSteam

as i wrote... i will reput credits, no problem, so...no need to talk about it again =)

for stuffs credit... as i wrote in the first post, i can't remember all the credits, so, just tell me if you are stuff creator and i will put the right credits :) (i will insert phh credits for TSfix and other as he wrote to me :P )

there i have a gprs connetion so i can't upload new rom with credits... just wait 2 days, but, please, don't fill the topic with those comments, thanks :D

---

for the smoothness in settings app, it's a only settings app problem, due to graphic modification :D see yourself :P

Guest yapa73
LS already said he'll re-insert the credits.

Stop whinning.

Not like you guys created a cure for cancer or anything!

+1

Exact, and if you have time, try... for plaisure LS2.1 on your liquid.

Guest Seeya5

The battery is not getting better, since sunday, i dont get how you do to have 0.4%/h idle. (im talking to LStream because we've talk about it 2 days ago)

What do you think about it LStream ? I already tried (two days ago) to reinstall .039, your rom, but nothing has changed.....

Edited by Seeya5

Guest PhilNelwyn
LS already said he'll re-insert the credits.

Stop whinning.

Not like you guys created a cure for cancer or anything!

You're whinning as well.