[ROM] LS 2.1.4 - Only the best for your Liquid! Eclair 2/9/10

Guest LSteam

Guest L0cu7us
Seems too hard to understand that's not honnest or fair.

i think it is hard to understand only for non-developers, but i think LS well know what does mean this actions in the programmers world...

Malez, if you can't take that other people using part of your work you shouldn't release your work on a forum for hacking an open source os.

Huh? Most OS-licenses demand an acknowledgement to the author(s) in the binary&source - even if it may not be legally binding in this case: This is common courtesy and should be done to respect the author (- especially so "on a forum for hacking an open source os").

Edited by Ayur

Guest Rajit
Huh? Most OS-licenses demand an acknowledgement to the author(s) in the binary&source - even if it may not be legally binding in this case: This is common courtesy and should be done to respect the author (- so especially "on a forum for hacking an open source os").

+1

credits should be given where ever due. I know that the dev put a lot of work into LS 2.1, and its a good rom. But credits should be given.

Guest yapa73

I'm sorry for vache and malez, but I can not understand the sense of so much work, just to remove the credits, you think rightful creator of the work .... but I do not think too much ... accusations ridiculous. I think rather that the base is yours. but that his code has been enriched and perfected by a young talent. this justifies your continued allusion to the non-integrity of the creator of a rom that not only works better than yours, but is the result of an exchange of views and desires of an entire community. this community has for main needs, stability, battery life and fluidity. thing that your rom does not offer 100%. now if you really have only been removed from your credit codes you created, this rom would not have these qualities. so please, to avoid continuing to make a big fool, not to inveigh against other users for free, but instead of bringing them to your great experience and undeniable talent.

Thanks to all users who are realizing the genuineness of the product of LS Team, along with all criticize constructively, to have a final product better.

@yapa73: I don't think anyone said that this ROM is bad or worse than LCR (and this has nothing to do with the quality of any of those ROMs)....But why would anyone actively remove those credits (even if he modified the script files)? I can't see any valid reasons...But if you do - maybe you could share them.

Guest vache
I'm sorry for vache and malez, but I can not understand the sense of so much work, just to remove the credits, you think rightful creator of the work .... but I do not think too much ... accusations ridiculous. I think rather that the base is yours. but that his code has been enriched and perfected by a young talent. this justifies your continued allusion to the non-integrity of the creator of a rom that not only works better than yours, but is the result of an exchange of views and desires of an entire community. this community has for main needs, stability, battery life and fluidity. thing that your rom does not offer 100%. now if you really have only been removed from your credit codes you created, this rom would not have these qualities. so please, to avoid continuing to make a big fool, not to inveigh against other users for free, but instead of bringing them to your great experience and undeniable talent.

Thanks to all users who are realizing the genuineness of the product of LS Team, along with all criticize constructively, to have a final product better.

Yeah, great talent, hard to use delete and arrows keys :)

Guest Master_T

Really sad to see things like this, considering how good this rom is. And there's really no excuse or valid motivation for removing the credits from the scripts... hope LS Team will fix this and give proper credits where due, would be a shame if this ruined the reputation of this excellent ROM.

Back On Topic: a thing I noticed that really pisses me off, don't know if it's the ROM fault but I didn't notice it on other roms so here it is: it appears the included HTC_IME keyboard is... "semi-transparent".... what I mean is that if you do not click exactly on a button the clic "goes through" to what's beneath the keyboard. This is very annoying because you risk clicking buttons on the underlying widget while typing... I sent 3 incomplete messages today because the "send" button on the messaging app I use is just underneath the spacebar and half the time the click "goes through".... anyone noticed this? Solutions?

Guest fischschneehase

first of all: this rom is great it gives a realy good impress in all cases! !!!

realy sad to see what everything is written here.

if everyone screams for it just ad these badword credits;)

if i were a developer i would be proud if other people use my work;) !!! this shows its good!

ps. compared to all other roms this one is the best!

Guest xian1243

<rant>Ignorance, such ignorance. Removing Malez's credits from his scripts is STEALING his work and claiming it as ONE'S OWN WORK. His scripts HAVE COPYRIGHTS in them, and not for nothing. This ROM is nothing but a mix of what the LCR team, me, and phh have done.

Thanks for the slap in the face. I think I speak for Malez, Vache, and Piter1225 when I say this.

And remove the donate links too, since NONE OF THE WORK IS EVEN YOURS. All you did was copy and paste, return and delete!

I don't include LCR's scripts in my ROM because I respect their work and expect them to do the same, I write my own. You don't ask permission, and you remove the credits from the code.

This is not innovation, this is stealing, claiming work as one's own, and asking for DONATIONS?

</rant>

Out of respect, please ask the rightful dev's permission, and INCLUDE THE CREDITS IN YOUR ROM! Your ROM merely a mix of other people's work. Did you compile your own kernel? No, you took it from my ROM, did you compile and configure ramzswap? No you took the module and script from LCR. Did you make any of the scripts? No they come from LCR. Did you base your ROM on the 1.100.39 stock ROM? No you based it on LCR and Xian. Did you claim Malez's, Vache's, Piter1225's, and my work as your own? Yes

What LCR brings is clean, thorough and hard work, you need to respect that, and not only the LCR team, but phhusson, me, and everyone else in this community.

I'm so sick of this.

I may have left the scene, but I won't allow for this. So, I have an idea, remove all of LCR and Xian related work from your ROM, and DO IT THE WORK YOURSELF. I am aware that you put *some* credits in the first post, think of this as punishment. *evil laugh*

Respect people, that's what you need to do.

Edited by xian1243

Guest PhilNelwyn
I'm sorry for vache and malez, [...]his code has been enriched and perfected by a young talent.

Some fanboys here just don't know what they're talking about... ridiculous.

With such an approximation on credits to Malez, LS almost lied about it (understatement ?).

From what I understand, the only thing that was changed in Malez scripts is removing credits to him, is that what you call enrichment ?

Malez never said that LS rom is bad nor that LCR is better, it's just about honesty between devs (and from what you wrote I think you're not a dev... right ?).

Edited by PhilNelwyn

Guest Piter1225

I'm on holidays and I didn't want to join this discussion, I thought LSteam will make quick actions to repair they fault, but as far as I see nothing happened.

It is not elegant what was done with LCR scripts, I don't mean using them, but deleting malez credits from them. That's not what gentlemen do.

Also using xians work, without his permission, ain't nice too.

I really appreciate every try of creating new ROM, community should be able to choose from few custom ROMs.

I hope you guys will find out the best exit from this bad situation, and make everyone satisfied.

Best wishes

Piter

Guest m3allak

O

I'm on holidays and I didn't want to join this discussion, I thought LSteam will make quick actions to repair they fault, but as far as I see nothing happened.

It is not elegant what was done with LCR scripts, I don't mean using them, but deleting malez credits from them. That's not what gentlemen do.

Also using xians work, without his permission, ain't nice too.

I really appreciate every try of creating new ROM, community should be able to choose from few custom ROMs.

I hope you guys will find out the best exit from this bad situation, and make everyone satisfied.

Best wishes

Piter

Peter this is a wise and mature answer.first one in this thread nothing to add. and let's be more calm here we're not children i hope

Guest Chadski
<rant>This ROM is nothing but a mix of what the LCR team, me, and phh have done.

I am using xian's ROM and contented because of the battery performance. Though I wish that it has some of LCR's feature also.

I have not yet tried LS's ROM. If it really is a combination of xian's and LCR or phh ROM, I will gladly take it, as it is combination of the best with a little twist of LS development (have you seen that UI?). Don't you want the best of the best?

On the other hand, I have seen LS's previous post and I think he will be glad to grant your request and put back the original author's heading in the script.

I am just wondering why have other devs not thought of combining their works instead of making their own ROMs? With this, we users will not be confused what ROM to take :) .

Guest three_pineapples

If you guys are angry and him using your work and removing your credits AND if your claim is true that he hasn't done anything new and just combined your work...

Why don't you all team up, and release a ROM that is as good, or better than this?

I mean what do you have to lose by making a ROM yourselves based on the best parts of all your work?

People know who you are, and if you bring something out they will gladly use it over this ROM and donate to you since they know who you are.

Maybe you guys should focus on making good work rather than getting angry because someone else is using your work (and not crediting you everywhere they should) to increase the size of their epenis. I see this time and time again on this forum (It's the reason I stopped posting here for a few months). Developers getting angry because they want their epenis to be bigger than some other person, rather than focussing on making more great work. If you keep making good, new work, you will be known as the people who do that, and people who copy your work will be known as those who re-release your work later (since they can't release your work before you do can they!)

Anyway, I don't expect anyone to listen to me. That would require too many people to become humble...

*goes off to try this rom...it looks good!*

Guest alan090
If you guys are angry and him using your work and removing your credits AND if your claim is true that he hasn't done anything new and just combined your work...

Why don't you all team up, and release a ROM that is as good, or better than this?

I mean what do you have to lose by making a ROM yourselves based on the best parts of all your work?

People know who you are, and if you bring something out they will gladly use it over this ROM and donate to you since they know who you are.

Maybe you guys should focus on making good work rather than getting angry because someone else is using your work (and not crediting you everywhere they should) to increase the size of their epenis. I see this time and time again on this forum (It's the reason I stopped posting here for a few months). Developers getting angry because they want their epenis to be bigger than some other person, rather than focussing on making more great work. If you keep making good, new work, you will be known as the people who do that, and people who copy your work will be known as those who re-release your work later (since they can't release your work before you do can they!)

Anyway, I don't expect anyone to listen to me. That would require too many people to become humble...

well I have been using both the lcr team and xian work in my roms and no1 cares - but i have given credit and not removed the script credits either ...

either that or no1 has tryed my rom or cares :)

I prefer my rom though so I dont care

Guest HustlinDaily

Wait, what? Lol they are focusing on making great work. THEY DID MAKE GREAT WORK (LCR and Xian are really good ROMs).

Their great work which they spent hours on were taken in minutes and their names removed from their work.

Guest skitbra8934

cheesus... once more?

yap in private.

the last LS rom was faster and smoother then LCR with lower batterysuckage

wich is why i think the general moaning actually was about since LCR wasnt as good in any department compared to LS

now again same thing.

why dont you actually recruit these guys to work with you instead of playing god of the opensource world and get help for LCR and teach him these little arts of common courtesy's of leaving cred in the files wich actually has been common practice since age of the dinos.

personally i think that the way you are yapping belittles yourself and your own work just because of the way you are screaming and the shining fact that the LS rom is actually faster/smoother/less batterydrain then LCR also.

or maybe thats the real reason that the LCR ppl maybe cant figure out how he did it and replicate it ?

Guest foreman

Please stop talking about remove credits from script.

LSteam is on summer holidays, we must wait him to come back and ask him about this.

(i think there is no problem to insert the credits, why not?)

Regards.

Edit: In the special thanks there is:

-malez: part of scripts and wifi optimization

-xian: part of hacks

-phh: kernel

-gengaro86: wifi tether

-xaueious: v8 webkit

-D3StRoY: B_Elegance theme

-modaco e xda forum: Two big ROM sources

So, we wan't to hide our work!

Edited by foreman

Guest thongrim

LSteam is on summer holidays, we must wait him to come back and ask him about this.

Regards.

+1

Guest Chadski
Their great work which they spent hours on were taken in minutes and their names removed from their work.

I bet LS did not spent only minutes in copying (if this is your term) the works of the devs. I've seen some development work also which I think other devs have no patience in doing.

I agree with skitbra8934 that instead on bashing the thread, the devs could maybe recruit LS.. He has the talent (at least in making UIs).. LS maybe busy right now but looking at the history of his communications, he will try to answer and resolve this..

now, let's go on with our lives and just post comments related to LS 2.1 ROM.

Guest yapa73

Meanwhile, good morning to all. and try to rightfully.

I do not want to offend anyone here, least they be offended.

I introduce myself first. I am a simple user acer liquid. without much knowledge of computers, not even developed. I can say is that I notice. Meanwhile, I'm sorry, watching the war between "poor". everyone of you to his availability for a common cause. "Common" among you (Developed), and between you and us (users).

returning to the heart of the matter, for now there are no solutions are possible. Developed in LS Team who is not reachable. well he is on vacation. then expect all the presence of all. explanation we will be safe. and therefore I hope you can find a reasonable agreement.

personally, however, I think: if there are no claims in the headers of the codes, I prefer. So why do the development belongs to the user, which is what populates the community. and the possibility for other Developed to enrich and improve the original code. I do not care than to know that this or that writing lines of code, I'm interested that the code works and is improving. you can not share my opinion, I respect yours, and met mine.

else, however I think the big, essential part of the code is none. at least here, but both Google and Acer. then the first to be robbed, they are. but they know that their codes imperfect sleep, to allow you the freedom to improve.

Edited by yapa73

Guest vache
cheesus... once more?

yap in private.

the last LS rom was faster and smoother then LCR with lower batterysuckage

wich is why i think the general moaning actually was about since LCR wasnt as good in any department compared to LS

now again same thing.

why dont you actually recruit these guys to work with you instead of playing god of the opensource world and get help for LCR and teach him these little arts of common courtesy's of leaving cred in the files wich actually has been common practice since age of the dinos.

personally i think that the way you are yapping belittles yourself and your own work just because of the way you are screaming and the shining fact that the LS rom is actually faster/smoother/less batterydrain then LCR also.

or maybe thats the real reason that the LCR ppl maybe cant figure out how he did it and replicate it ?

The ROM is faster, yes. BUT we're not talking about performance, we're talking about RESPECT. Why you can't understand that removing credits from others works is not a thing to do ? Why it's so damn hard ??

Regards.

Edit: In the special thanks there is:

-malez: part of scripts and wifi optimization

-xian: part of hacks

-phh: kernel

-gengaro86: wifi tether

-xaueious: v8 webkit

-D3StRoY: B_Elegance theme

-modaco e xda forum: Two big ROM sources

So, we wan't to hide our work!

Yeah there's credits for "part of scripts" when it's using entire scripts like they was dev by malez. Nothing was modified exept removing credits of course.

Guest HustlinDaily
I bet LS did not spent only minutes in copying (if this is your term) the works of the devs. I've seen some development work also which I think other devs have no patience in doing.

I agree with skitbra8934 that instead on bashing the thread, the devs could maybe recruit LS.. He has the talent (at least in making UIs).. LS maybe busy right now but looking at the history of his communications, he will try to answer and resolve this..

now, let's go on with our lives and just post comments related to LS 2.1 ROM.

Never said they didn't do anything original. Saying it took minutes to take the scripts and remove the authors names.

Guest three_pineapples
The ROM is faster, yes. BUT we're not talking about performance, we're talking about RESPECT. Why you can't understand that removing credits from others works is not a thing to do ? Why it's so damn hard ??

Oh come on. Grow a pair. not everyone is going to do EXACTLY how you would like. Of course you are correct and he shouldn't have removed the credits, but he has. You can ask him to put them back, but other than that you'll all have to learn to live with it. Things you don't like, do actually happen. If this causes you so much problem, then you really don't sound suited to open source work.

If you want to protest, you ask for the person to put the credits back in privately. If they refuse, and appear active on the forum (so you know they are not away) then you make a public post in their thread (yes just one). You don't reply to people bitching in the thread agreeing or disagreeing with you. If this is also ignored, then you announce the problem when releasing your own work, so that supporters of your work know about the problem, and can advise others to ignore the "infringing" work. This is how you do it if you want to appear professional, and not like you're 15.

Nothing I have seen is professional here. All you guys do is bitch and argue. It doesn't matter if you are right, your conduct is appalling.