FROYO UPDATE PROBLEM (BOOT LOOP / WRONG RADIO))

Guest LUTRAM

Guest LUTRAM

FROYO Update Problem

Applied update over the air, phone rebooted and installed update, then reboots and says:

“ loading...”

Then after a minute or so says:

“Process system is not responding (with ‘force close / wait’ option)

Phone then gets into a reboot loop which ever option you choose

Any ideas or help?

Phone info:

Android version 2.2

Baseband version 32.36.00.28u_4.06.00.02_2

Kernel version 2.6.29-0cb9f166 (htc-kernal@and18-2 #1

Build number 2.09.405.8 cl218634

Software number 2.09.405.8

ISSUE NOW FIXED SEE BELOW FOR SOLUTIONS

Edited by LUTRAM

Guest monsterfly
Phone info:

Android version 2.2

Baseband version 32.36.00.28u_4.06.00.02_2

Kernel version 2.6.29-0cb9f166 (htc-kernal@and18-2 #1

Build number 2.09.405.8 cl218634

Software number 2.09.405.8

This is odd phone info! Looks like mixed spec from official 2.1 rom (baseband and kernel version) and official 2.2 rom.

Did you have official 1.21.405.2 rom before updating? Was the phone rooted maybe?

I'm in same boat, unrooted but debranded ORange desire.

Tried to run the update from SD using update.zip - no joy. As you say it seems the radio mix up is causing it, but I'm unsure where to go from here :(

Guest LUTRAM

de-branded orange (unlocked), was on latest 2.1 over the air update prior to applying 2.2 froyo over the air update

any ideas yet? cant change radio as im not rooted, anyway to roll back and try again?

Edited by LUTRAM

I'm trying the upgrade as a ZIP on my goldcard - i think the problem is that we upgraded without goldcard

if this doesnt work I will reflash full 2.1 with goldcard then try normal update with goldcard in place

CONFIRMED :(

You do not need to go back to go forward here.

**IF YOU ARE DEBRANDED AND HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE OTA UPDATE JUST RUN UPDATE.ZIP TO BOOTLOADER WITH GOLDCARD INSERTED - DO NOT REGRESS TO FULL 2.1 RUU OR YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SETTINGS ETC**

Guest slimboyfatjack

Can someone point me to the files for making into update.zip? I've got a gold card, but can't see how I find the 2.2 files other than OTA? I'm in a reboot loop at the moment :-(

Guest jatt21boy

Can anyone point me towards update.zip or can the files be recovered from the download folder on the phone. I updated OTA without the goldcard and now in reboot cycle. thanks

Guest Dally
CONFIRMED :)

You do not need to go back to go forward here.

**IF YOU ARE DEBRANDED AND HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE OTA UPDATE JUST RUN UPDATE.ZIP TO BOOTLOADER WITH GOLDCARD INSERTED - DO NOT REGRESS TO FULL 2.1 RUU OR YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SETTINGS ETC**

I tried this mate, it doesn't seem to work. Gives an error when the update is placed on the Goldcard.

Did you do something special to get this working LOL.

Edited by Dally

Guest jatt21boy
I tried this mate, it doesn't seem to work. Gives an error when the update is placed on the Goldcard.

Did you do something special to get this working LOL.

Hello, can you forward us the update.zip file..thx

Guest LUTRAM

Had same probs as above

Entered recovery and did full wipe, then reboot

Removed SIMCARD and inserted GoldCard

Downgraded to 2.1 using RUU

Did OTA update to froyo 2.2

left goldcard in and sim out until it updated after reboot

Removed GoldCard and Replaced SimCard

All running fine now

Guest LUTRAM

In case anyone asks I removed my sim as it said orange updating when sim was in and when sim was out it said downloading update, didn't want to risk it just in case it was pulling update from orange!

Guest rexton270
Had same probs as above

Entered recovery and did full wipe, then reboot

Removed SIMCARD and inserted GoldCard

Downgraded to 2.1 using RUU

Did OTA update to froyo 2.2

left goldcard in and sim out until it updated after reboot

Removed GoldCard and Replaced SimCard

All running fine now

How did you do that??? I have no luck at all, with or without goldcard....

Guest jatt21boy

All working..It was done by downgrading to 2.1 and then updating again. this is what I did..

1. Downloaded RUU_Bravo_HTC_WWE_1.15.405.4_Radio_32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11_release_122704.exe from http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Bravo/

2. Put the goldcard in the phone. Leave the sim card in (my sim is on 3UK).

3. Connect the phone to the PC and select HTC sync option.

4. If the phone is rebooting every 2-3 minutes like mine was, you gonna have to wait for error message to pop up. Press force stop and run the file downloaded in Step 1.

5. You gonna have to be careful that the phone does not turn off during the flashing process. What I did was connected the phone, ran the exe from step 1 and went upto the screen where it says that the current rom (2.09.408.8) will be flashed to 1.15.405.4. Now do not select update yet. Wait for the phone to turn off due to rebooting issue. When the phone is on again, select update on the RUU and the phone screen will go blank. At this point you dont have to worry about it going off.

6. When the update is finished the phone will reboot and it will have 2.1 ready to use.

7. Then go to Settings->About phone->System software updates->Check now.

8. This will update the rom to 1.21.405.2

9. When the phone is updated, repeat step 7 and update the phone to Froyo 2.2.

10. After the phone reboots, turn it off manually once.

11. You can now replace the goldcard with you normal sd card.

Enjoy!!

Edited by jatt21boy

Guest Dally
All working..It was done by downgrading to 2.1 and then updating again. this is what I did..

1. Downloaded RUU_Bravo_HTC_WWE_1.15.405.4_Radio_32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11_release_122704.exe from http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Bravo/

4. If the phone is rebooting every 2-3 minutes like mine was, you gonna have to wait for error message to pop up. Press force stop and run the file downloaded in Step 1.

5. You gonna have to be careful that the phone does not turn off during the flashing process. What I did was connected the phone, ran the exe from step 1 and went upto the screen where it says that the current rom (2.09.408.8) will be flashed to 1.15.405.4. Now do not select update yet. Wait for the phone to turn off due to rebooting issue. When the phone is on again, select update on the RUU and the phone screen will go blank. At this point you dont have to worry about it going off.

6. When the update is finished the phone will reboot and it will have 2.1 ready to use.

Enjoy!!

Are you on Orange Jatt?

That 1.21.405.2 update seems to break wifi you see which then doesn't allow me to updated to 2.2 as I can't connect to my router.

Guest rexton270

Enjoy!!

cheers man, but still struggling :) at "sending signature" it stops and then pop up 131-wrong cid...