The Ultimate Pusle Mini Guide

Guest Danh2122

Guest mczack

Installing Java Apps

Java Apps on android are a pain so here's an easy quick guide to using java apps on Android

1) Download the Jar or Jad file

2) Head over to Here

3) Upload the File Under Option 2

4) Under Display Custom screen size choose Fixed

5) Then Click Get APK

Now We need to install J2ME on Android

1) Visit this

2) Click Download on the Newest Version

3) Copy it to your phone and install it via File Manager

4) Now Copy the APK (The one you converted) and install it

Once it's installed you can access it via App Manager in the App Drawer

theres no links for java

Happy Javaing

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gjole86
What's the reason for partitioning and what size is best to use out of 256, 384 or 512? Also is this done before or after installing the custom ROM?

with partitioning the SD card u enable use of A2SD (applications - to - SD Card) meaning, when u install apps they will use SD Card's memory. its pretty usefull for low-memory devices as big pulse. but as pulse mini have more memory (flash memory) i didnt partition my sd card for a2sd use coz i am happy with free space provided (~130 MB, using my own rom) i have installed like 4 games, 10 other apps, few extra wigdets and few live wallpapers. still i have ~65MB free on the device.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest fishingvoid

i successfully installed mg rom to my pulse mini sorted sd card to let apps to sd everything worked fine but then i got a bigger sd card so when partitioned it mg custom rom started playing up so tried to flash with it again but at start up it was just a blank screen ive also tried other roms and the only one that will start is mikes rom but cant seem to get it to allow apps to sd. hope you can help as i loved the mg rom

cheers Doug

• 2 weeks later...
Guest puzzlebs

Hi Guys I am super new to this and i am following step by steps th guide but already at step 1 i have some question.

1) I assume you don't start with mobile connected to computer as otherwise it does start immediately and can't do the fastboot hence I start no connected to pc

2) i can do the fastboot no problem but then when i connect to computer i don't get the installation drivers suggestions. is it bad?

3) i launch the recovery exe file (i'm in win xp) and the command windows shows me "waiting for the device" and nothing happens.what to do?

Those are my questions for steps 1. I hope someone can help me

Regards

P.

Guest hullcity9898

works but when loading phone and messinging etc. it force closes android.process.acore and that closes the app

EDIT: all system apps do not work like camera is constantly preparing sd card

Edited by hullcity9898

• 1 month later...
Guest garth8979

Hi.

I'm totally new to Android and modding in general. I've tried following the guide but failing at every step. Is there any more explanatory guides out there. I'd like to install a custom rom but this isn't making any sense what so ever. I can't even work out where to put, or how to use the software that's listed in the guide, mainly clockworkrecovery?

For example. When I put phone in recovery mode. I don't see this nandroid option at all. All I get is:

reboot system now

apply sdcard : update.zip

wipe data/factory reset

wipe cache partition

Any help is much appreciated :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lifeforms

I've been trying to do my mums pulse mini, but it doesn't seem to install Custom Recovery at all.

I get it into Fastboot, and I connect it to the computer, and run -Install-Recovery-Windows. It just flashes too fast to do anything, then when I try and go into the next step:

First we want to back up the whole Original Rom by using ClockWork Recovery.

it does nothing. No menu or anything shows, so I'm guessing the Clockwork recovery doesn't get installed.

Has anyone had this problem? How can I solve it? Is there any other way to put on the MG Custom Rom (with a numpties guide)?

Guest wavey86

I've been trying to Install the custom recovery and am falling at the first hurdle!

I unzipped all the files but when I run -Install-Recovery-Windows ----(using Windows) it says "Waiting for device" and nothing more happens.

I think it may be USB driver issues as when I connect the pulse mini to my pc via usb and then select file transfer, it appears to start the driver installation then fails. I've tried installing and then uninstalling the pc suite and modem software but no combo seems to work.

Can anyone offer any advice. Really can't reinstall windows, too much to reinstall afterwards. :)

Guest Lifeforms
I've been trying to Install the custom recovery and am falling at the first hurdle!

I unzipped all the files but when I run -Install-Recovery-Windows ----(using Windows) it says "Waiting for device" and nothing more happens.

I think it may be USB driver issues as when I connect the pulse mini to my pc via usb and then select file transfer, it appears to start the driver installation then fails. I've tried installing and then uninstalling the pc suite and modem software but no combo seems to work.

Can anyone offer any advice. Really can't reinstall windows, too much to reinstall afterwards. :)

The way I got past that was to go to devices (in my computer somewhere), find the yellow exclamation mark, and do install drivers that way. However that was as far as I got. In the end I haven't manage to get this guide working on the pulse mini, I just found the topic that says how to do delete the apps without a new rom. A shame that this seems quite dead for support, because I really would've liked to have gotten a new plain rom on.

Guest wavey86
The way I got past that was to go to devices (in my computer somewhere), find the yellow exclamation mark, and do install drivers that way. However that was as far as I got. In the end I haven't manage to get this guide working on the pulse mini, I just found the topic that says how to do delete the apps without a new rom. A shame that this seems quite dead for support, because I really would've liked to have gotten a new plain rom on.

Yeah.....tried that. Still no good :)

Guest wavey86

OK, so I ended up using a Windows 7 laptop and that worked. However, nothing happened or appeared different on the phone to let me know it worked, it just hanged on the T-Mobile screen. I took the battery out and restarted while holding the volume up and start call button which then put it into recovery mode as stated. So far, so good.

Guest wavey86

Really need help now! I thought I had it all sorted but when I switch the Pulse Mini on now after the initial animated red HUAWEI screen it goes black for a while and then starts but keeps coming up with various error messages such as "Sorry! Application Android keyboard (in process com.android.inputmethod.latin) is not responding." I also get, "Sorry! The process Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." It sometimes asks me to, "Complete action using: Android home or LauncherPro". How can I get this phone functioning again!!!!!!

Guest wavey86

I think I sorted it! I got confused with the guide where it says,

"In ClockWork Recovery Select Partitions Menu then Format Boot, System, Data then Cache. Then return back to the menu."

I didn't do each one in turn i.e. Format Boot then Format System then Format Data then Format Cache first time around. Did it on second attempt and hey presto! :)

Guest hopez

hay i followed your tut and did all the steps but i cannot get my apps to install to sd no matter what i do it wont work i partioned my sd to just under 1gb because i have a 16gb sd card just wondering if u can help me becuase i need this to work as i sick of removing apps

Guest wavey86

Oh no! After following the "Partitioning the SD Card for Apps2SD" when re-bootting the phone it just goes into a constant loop with the red, animated HUAWAI screen. :)

Just trying to re-flash with custom rom again now.

Any ideas with the partitining bit anyone?