Need help with windows ce 6.0 arm netbook

Guest isdnl2021

Guest isdnl2021

hey there,

recently, i bought this crappy looking netbook off of this link here; http://www.eglobalwireless.com/p-4333-new-...dows-black.aspx

specs of device are on the page.

basically, 300mhz arm processor, 128mb ram, 2 gig nand flash running windows ce 6.0 desktop version.

any way, i've googled my ass off and im having a very hard time finding software, games, ect that will work on this device.

can any one point me in the right direction? all i seem to come up with is windows mobille 6 software, and i try to install some of those files and it doesn't work properly.

also, i need to know the right version of .net compact framework to install and how to get it.

thanks in advance, i appreciate the help

• 1 year later...
Guest Smally-D

Yeh, got one of these on saturday, rather dissapointed. Cant run cab files directly to upgrade .net doesnt seem to remember the time when switched off. sound - video quality - lets not go there.... it is a very cut down version of windows CE.

but - if you are a developer looking for a cheap ce machine - it does run programs developed in compact.net 2 -built in to machine (i suspect not upgradable) - will load your android phone as a memory drive and edit your word /excel equivelent docs with a keyboard and mouse. I'm planning on using mine for data collection which is now possible as well as keyboard and mouse for editing the phone files.

Also uses full size SD cards up to 16GB - despite low quality does have some potential.

as the device is windows CE it may run windows mobile 5, 6 software but you may have problems getting most stuff to run....

hey there,

recently, i bought this crappy looking netbook off of this link here; http://www.eglobalwireless.com/p-4333-new-...dows-black.aspx

specs of device are on the page.

basically, 300mhz arm processor, 128mb ram, 2 gig nand flash running windows ce 6.0 desktop version.

any way, i've googled my ass off and im having a very hard time finding software, games, ect that will work on this device.

can any one point me in the right direction? all i seem to come up with is windows mobille 6 software, and i try to install some of those files and it doesn't work properly.

also, i need to know the right version of .net compact framework to install and how to get it.

thanks in advance, i appreciate the help

Edited by Smally-D