and this:

post-783123-1290788699_thumb.jpg

Parts:

post-783123-1290788875_thumb.jpg

-more parts in a bucket(my operating room):

post-783123-1290792892_thumb.jpg

3M tape for iPhone :P :

post-783123-1290789104_thumb.jpg

-doesn't fit, as iPhone is smaller- go creative...

post-783123-1290789332_thumb.jpg

As yadekul said, be careful to remove ALL old glass-glue. One repair-shop used glass-glue on tube, but I couldn't get my hands on one :D

Next shop used the 3M tape for iPhone- got it for free :D and much to prefer to a glue-horror-show, I think...

The assembly was easy, but of course make sure to get the edges 100% flush all around before pressing the center-part of the new screen with the big pre-glued back-surface.

Now impatient to fire up the phone, resulted in both "soft-buttons" NOT WORKING :D - WUUUUUUUUUUT - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGHHHH

Well, no panic really, just disassembling to find out, that a bottom micro-connector was not in place :D :

post-783123-1290790359_thumb.jpg

Old and new:

post-783123-1290790522_thumb.jpg

Mirror, mirror on the wall...:

post-783123-1290790699_thumb.jpg

I'm really positively surprised how fast and smooth this operation went. Biggest concerns was ordering the right screen-digitizer combination on-line, getting it in one whole piece(bubble plastic package!), and ensuring it was no fake part.

SB ACESS STORE really has delivered with super costumer service, and I'm happy as a clam in high water :lol:

Thanks all for inspiration and support :lol:

Peter

Edited by grrwuff

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I just dropped my Galaxy S. The glass is ok but the screen is broken. So if I understood corretly I should order this http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT and forget about Chinese screens?

It's just a little crack on the screen and it worked couple days berfore went totally black. There should not be anything else broken..

Thanks for the links guys :)

Guest grrwuff

Personally, i've had 100% positive experience with the "chinese"(Hong Kong) dealer SB ACESS STORE, as mentioned, but feel free to check out the Canadian one...

As for my "new" phone, everything works a charm- no problemos, screen sitting firm and looking crisp as ever :)

Good luck, Timpax

• 2 weeks later...
Guest snowie72

Hi guys, I'm just curious to ask a question here about my Broken i9000 glass screen... I'm confused with the terms on which part of the screen is broken. With the whole amoled and lcd descriptions on ebay etc... digitizer and what not. (Sorry about this. XD)

Anyways heres a picture so you guys get the point.

sam9417.th.jpg

As you can see its only the outer glass that is broken. the touch screen etc is all in working order and all I need replaced. If anyone on this website has one laying around I would be willing to pay VIA paypal etc, or if its a trusted sellers where you can get some respected members to vouch for you I can send thorugh a postal order OR even come pick it up in Newcastle upon Tyne area. (Will travel to Gateshead etc. My brother also lives in Co. Durham.) Offer me your prices etc. (Although any help in general would be fine.)

Guest 90180360

A friend of mine managed to break his Galaxy S :( and I'll try to get it fixed for him.

Thanks for all the info here. I just bought the replacement from SB-StoreOnline for GBP 37.69, shipping included.

If that's the original screen then this is an incredible price, isn't it?!

Anyways, I'll keep you posted.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yadekul

Snowie72, I have seen the individual parts for sale on ebay, i.e just glass and also just the screen but you would need to be a real expert to replace just the glass.

You truly are better off buying the complete glass and digitizer set. I know it seems like a waste, but the two parts are very much bonded together.

Cheers.

b.t.w Peter, glad to see you had a good outcome with your repair and well done on posting those greats pics!

Guest grrwuff

Hi. I would have to agree with yadekul.

After having made the repair myself, replacing the broken glass ONLY seems next to impossible, without making even the slightest damage to the surface of the underlaying "Digitizer". Doing so is gambling, Snowie 72, especially considering the relative modest prizing of the complete "screen+digitizer".

@yadekul: It's a pleasure contributing to this money-saving project :D

• 4 weeks later...
Hi. I would have to agree with yadekul.

After having made the repair myself, replacing the broken glass ONLY seems next to impossible, without making even the slightest damage to the surface of the underlaying "Digitizer". Doing so is gambling, Snowie 72, especially considering the relative modest prizing of the complete "screen+digitizer".

@yadekul: It's a pleasure contributing to this money-saving project ;)

You guys those informations are very helpfull. Mine problem almost same as Snowie72. Only difference is first my screen is coming into red now coming into blue in one day. touchable functions are normal. i tried those SB ACESS STORE (Hong kong) ,but the screen sold out already. You know finding out original accessors from ebay(let say internet) some time it is not easy.

Please help me offer another trusted store ... PLSPLSPLS