ANDROID 2.1 T-MO UK UPDATE

Guest mr.a

Guest Totyasrác
If I'm presently on tre kernel (FLB 1.2) do I have to go to december update via timemachine first, and then update, or can just update?

I guess just update - if the firmware you're using is TMo HUN 2.1 (that can be directly upgraded).

Not sure about Tre though.

Guest brack
I guess just update - if the firmware you're using is TMo HUN 2.1 (that can be directly upgraded).

I had official tre before flb

Guest DanWilson
Got a reply to my tweet asking for the source:

OH MA GAWD!!!

YES!!!

(Link please?)

Woohoooo, first Swap and a truckload of customizations to FLB and than Froyo :) A good day indeed.

Why didn't we get swap and stuff on 1.5, even though we had the source?

And wouldn't Froyo still be hard?

Guest david_dawkins
OH MA GAWD!!!

YES!!!

(Link please?)

Once they've sent it to me (well, tweeted the link), you can fill yer boots

Edited by david_dawkins

Guest DanWilson
Once they've sent it to me (well, tweeted the link), you can fill yer boots

I meant to the tweet, I wish to watch that tweet forever!!

Guest igor_anta
Why didn't we get swap and stuff on 1.5, even though we had the source?

And wouldn't Froyo still be hard?

As far as I know we had Swap support for 1.5, but it conflicted with apps2sd. Now that shouldn't be a problem :)

Guest Simon O
As far as I know we had Swap support for 1.5, but it conflicted with apps2sd. Now that shouldn't be a problem :)

well it's a problem for me as I know nothing about compiling kernels.

Guest david_dawkins
I meant to the tweet, I wish to watch that tweet forever!!

Oh! It was a private message, can't see how to link it. Attached screenshot for you.

.. and Paul's alive (in response to tweet about the release):

PaulOBrien

@DaveDawkins Better late than never! Will check it out first thing Monday now...

post-60628-1281102499_thumb.png

Guest david_dawkins

We (mainly Mr Bear) put together a guide on how to do that, see Bear's sig for link.

Guest igor_anta

Suppose there are people that know. Maybe Paul will fly over to give us Swap and return to his Galaxy S after that :)

Guest DanWilson
Oh! It was a private message, can't see how to link it. Attached screenshot for you.

.. and Paul's alive (in response to tweet about the release):

OH MA GAWD - I thought he died...

And hopefully we get it today or tomorrow, I hate the wait.

Guest Azurren
Suppose there are people that know. Maybe Paul will fly over to give us Swap and return to his Galaxy S after that :D

If he does he won't get away with a hug :)

Guest david_dawkins
OH MA GAWD - I thought he died...

And hopefully we get it today or tomorrow, I hate the wait.

Keep your expectations low - the released 2.6.27 source didn't build a working kernel, the same may happen this time. What's likely is that we can push the Egengucker/Bobo 2.2 kernel project forward (which is actually a .32 kernel, but TomG's work shows that 2.2 will run on .29).

Sorry to piss on your fireworks...

Edit: Correct .31 to .32, thanks Dan

Edited by david_dawkins

Guest DanWilson
Keep your expectations low - the released 2.6.27 source didn't build a working kernel, the same may happen this time. What's likely is that we can push the Egengucker/Bobo 2.2 kernel project forward (which is actually a .31 kernel, but TomG's work shows that 2.2 will run on .29).

:)

Guest Epic-Emodude
Sooooooooooooooooo

anybody want this ROM rooted, superuser installed and a2sd enabled?

Uploading it now :)

Can you create an FLB-MOD release based on it?

Guest robot1000

It can also be updated from TRE!

Guest Simon O
Can you create an FLB-MOD release based on it?

I will base future versions on the UK rom.

I tell you what though this ROM is way better than the Hungarian ROM, and that's with all the T-Mobile crap. It feels much smoother and a lot more responsive. Actually feels like FLB-Mod with the t-mobile theming and launcher... hmm :)

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Simon O
Keep your expectations low - the released 2.6.27 source didn't build a working kernel, the same may happen this time. What's likely is that we can push the Egengucker/Bobo 2.2 kernel project forward (which is actually a .32 kernel, but TomG's work shows that 2.2 will run on .29).

Edit: Correct .31 to .32, thanks Dan

The 1.5 kernel source certainly did work as Paul added compcache to the kernel along with some other tweaks (which I can't quite remember at the moment).

What didn't work for us was compiling the Pulse Mini .29 code for the Pulse. It was missing some bits. Hopefully when we do get the .29 code for the Pulse we can at least build a working kernel.

Guest giryan
I will base future versions on the UK rom.

I tell you what though this ROM is way better than the Hungarian ROM, and that's with all the T-Mobile crap. It feels much smoother and a lot more responsive. Actually feels like FLB-Mod with the t-mobile theming and launcher... hmm :D

Yeah, a friend's just updated to it(I'm sticking with FLB for the moment :) ), looks really good in comparison to the Hungarian one.

Guest david_dawkins
The 1.5 kernel source certainly did work as Paul added compcache to the kernel along with some other tweaks (which I can't quite remember at the moment).

What didn't work for us was compiling the Pulse Mini .29 code for the Pulse. It was missing some bits. Hopefully when we do get the .29 code for the Pulse we can at least build a working kernel.

Well, I'm glad to now be in a position where I can stop propagating that particular piece of misinformation. :) That is AWESOME "news".