HD2 WiFi problems

Guest LessThanSte

Guest LessThanSte

Hello one and all,

Im suddenly having some trouble with WiFi on my HD2. To cut a long story short, its saying its connected to our home network (all access keys and everything are in) but is refusing to work. The only way i can therefore get on to the internet on my phone is to use 3G or whatever, which is much slower.

The IP address according to the device is 192.168.1.1 which suggests its not actually connecting, but ive tried a soft reset, turning WiFi on/off and nothing seems to sort it.

I notice that if i have WiFi turned on via connection manager then I cant get any internet access. The only way i can make internet work is to turn Wifi off and have just the data connection open.

Any clues anyone?

I had a similar problem months back.

You will also find that when you are connected to a wifi network, no other devices on that network will be able to get internet access.

Search the forums to find my topic, was around feb/march time.

Basically you can open the reg editor, find a value re IP address, and remove the default which for some reason changes to 192.168.1.1

Seek and you shall find.

Guest LessThanSte

Nice one, il have a mooch.

However, other devices (laptops, this pc, etc) all seem to be accessing the wifi no problem at all. Or are you referring to other mobile devices?

Guest LessThanSte

Happily, that worked a treat. Somehow one of the wifi adaptors had changed to using an assigned IP address rather than using whatever its being told to use. Silly phone.

Thanks muchly :)

For the benefit of others, the relevant posts are;

http://www.modaco.com/content/leo-leo-moda...hd2-wifi-issue/ (all about the problem, symptoms etc)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=11 (the fix :D)