Community Custom ROM based on T-Mobile UK 2.1 ROM

Guest Simon O

Guest lemmyc
I flashed to this ROM after using the Hungarian 2.1

Now for the first time the links on the launcher icons are mixed up. Is there a fix for this?

I'm guessing that's a 'no'?

As far as App2SD is concerned, do I need to set up the partitioning on my SD card specially? Is the default partitioning done by the ROM install not right for App2SD?

Thanks!

Guest Daz555
I'm guessing that's a 'no'?

As far as App2SD is concerned, do I need to set up the partitioning on my SD card specially? Is the default partitioning done by the ROM install not right for App2SD?

Thanks!

The ROM does not configure the SD card for you, no. You can use Recovery menu to setup the partitions for A2SD. Mine are set as follows:

0MB swap (compulsory)

512MB EXT2 (for apps)

remainingMB - FAT32 (for storage)

Your EXT partition does not have to be 512MB - it is up to you. Having said that 512MB should be more than enough when you consider the vast majority of Android apps are very light weight.

Guest lemmyc
The ROM does not configure the SD card for you, no. You can use Recovery menu to setup the partitions for A2SD. Mine are set as follows:

0MB swap (compulsory)

512MB EXT2 (for apps)

remainingMB - FAT32 (for storage)

Your EXT partition does not have to be 512MB - it is up to you. Having said that 512MB should be more than enough when you consider the vast majority of Android apps are very light weight.

Thanks for that. Does this mean a fresh install after partitioning? If not, should A2SD just start working after I've made the changes?

Guest JohnPorter
Thanks for that. Does this mean a fresh install after partitioning? If not, should A2SD just start working after I've made the changes?

It may start to work if you do it and then re-boot the phone. If not, re-flash the rom and everything should be fine....

Guest Simon O
I flashed to this ROM after using the Hungarian 2.1

Now for the first time the links on the launcher icons are mixed up. Is there a fix for this?

Yes. Flash your phone using the official UK 2.1 update.

Guest lemmyc
It may start to work if you do it and then re-boot the phone. If not, re-flash the rom and everything should be fine....

It worked fine after a reboot. Thanks to you and Daz55!

Guest froschke

Hi,

i will receive my new pulse this weekend - my first android phone ever.

i'm planning to install this custom rom. just to be sure i am doing it the right way,

is this the right order of actions?

- install UK update 2.1

- install clockwork recovery

- install this rom

the easy way to install clockwork recovery is by using rommanager.

but can i use rommanager? i will have no root rights ...

kind regards

Guest JohnPorter
Hi,

i will receive my new pulse this weekend - my first android phone ever.

i'm planning to install this custom rom. just to be sure i am doing it the right way,

is this the right order of actions?

- install UK update 2.1

- install clockwork recovery

- install this rom

the easy way to install clockwork recovery is by using rommanager.

but can i use rommanager? i will have no root rights ...

kind regards

See here to install Clockwork Recovery.

So you would need to install the UK 2.1 Update, install Clockwork and then this rom.

Guest Watt25

Did you changed something about memory management?

With the unmodified UK 2.1 ROM I can play Super KO Boxing. (Sometimes it's quits but very rarely.)

With this ROM it's quits almost instantly the real game starts. Can I reset the memory settings somehow?

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for bringing this up, but it's for flibb (well he is the one that made this rom).

Could u add swap (after getting it to flb-mod) on this one too? Cause I just love the canvas and doesn't work on flb.

So this is the nearest substitute I've found.

Tnx and sorry for bothering u.

Sorry for bringing this up, but it's for flibb (well he is the one that made this rom).

Could u add swap (after getting it to flb-mod) on this one too? Cause I just love the canvas and doesn't work on flb.

So this is the nearest substitute I've found.

Tnx and sorry for bothering u.

If I am understanding your question, supposedly the rom update Fibblesan posted here will work with this UK2.1CCR rom. Install this CCR first, then flash that update. I haven't done it with this rom specifically, but I have with other roms.

Incidentally, I suspect you can "push" the canvas launcher back onto most any rom laying around here. Again, I have not done that specifically, but my other experience leads me to believe it will work. You should be able to copy Launcher.apk and Launcherdb.apk files out of the UK2.1CCR zip file and use adb to push them back onto whatever other rom you like (assuming that rom is rooted).

Disclaimer: do this at your own risk, but you should be able to get out of any trouble by restoring a backup or reflashing an updata.

Edit: Since I was fooling around, I went ahead and pushed Canvas onto my TWeak 0.3 rom with the swap kernel installed as well. Yes, it works. But I think you might need to do a wipe after pushing those files over. Somehow my ADW Launcher settings caused a real mess with the initial Canvas setup. As always, YMMV.

Good luck.

Edited by twrock

• 2 months later...
If I am understanding your question, supposedly the rom update Fibblesan posted here will work with this UK2.1CCR rom. Install this CCR first, then flash that update. I haven't done it with this rom specifically, but I have with other roms.

Incidentally, I suspect you can "push" the canvas launcher back onto most any rom laying around here. Again, I have not done that specifically, but my other experience leads me to believe it will work. You should be able to copy Launcher.apk and Launcherdb.apk files out of the UK2.1CCR zip file and use adb to push them back onto whatever other rom you like (assuming that rom is rooted).

Disclaimer: do this at your own risk, but you should be able to get out of any trouble by restoring a backup or reflashing an updata.

Edit: Since I was fooling around, I went ahead and pushed Canvas onto my TWeak 0.3 rom with the swap kernel installed as well. Yes, it works. But I think you might need to do a wipe after pushing those files over. Somehow my ADW Launcher settings caused a real mess with the initial Canvas setup. As always, YMMV.

Good luck.

Hold on. I know I'm posting this a little (or much) too late, but somehow I missed this post. Since the huawei launcher is still my fav, I must ask u, when u pushed it did the buttons worked as they supposed, like the message icon is for messages and the applauncher icon is for the apps (if u remember that is)?

Cause when I played back then I had problems with using the message app and the contacts app (cause it searched for the default ones from huawei).

I was about to try and open the app in eclipse or something (if possible) and try to find where the dock has the icons defined.

BTW, tnx for linking the post I was looking again. :)

• 1 month later...

Hello all.

Does anyone still have a copy or link to this version of the T-Mobile UK ROM with Fibblesan's slight modifications? The link to it no longer works :-(

I have somehow managed to loose the copy I had and would like to reinstall it for a friend.

Thanks in advance

Thank you very much D-D- that is very kind of you.

It says that it is R1 whereas the last version was R2a.... did you re-label it or is it the first release that Fibblesan made with the couple of bugs in it?

Hah... Didn't see that. It's the one I used for modifying the flb-rom. I actually flashed flb rom and changed the contacts app, added the dialer and added the launcher and huawei stuff that wanted to have in it.

And for the r2a u should ask fibble. This is the only one I have left from it.

EDIT: it says that the file was modified in 15-08-2010, so I guess I downloaded it then. And since the post is edited in 07-08-2010, I guess I fibble didn't change the name or something.

Still, ask him.

Edited by D-D-

Thanks for the response Fibblesan. I didn't think you would look on here much these days. I am guessing you will be rather busy assisting Tom G with his work on Cyanogen for the Blade..... I am very much looking forward to the results as it seems to be flying along! Hoping the other cellular frequencies can be unlocked too so that it operates better abroad (given that its now been unveiled for the US market if somewhat belatedly).

Apologies to the Pulse forum members for mentioning the Blade... ahem :D