3g/hspa issues with 2.1

Guest sandys

Guest sandys

Hi there,

I recently upgraded from 2.000.16.EMEA.GEN1 (1.6) to 1.100.09.EMEA.GEN1 (2.1) all official roms and I like what the update provides in terms of polish etc. but now seem to have the phone stuck primarily on GPRS only getting 3g/HSPA occasionally, obviously this is not ideal, anyone else notived this sort of issue, it seems if my 2g signal is much stronger than my 3g one it defaults to 2g and makes the data connection next to useless.

When I flash back to 1.6 the phone seems to primarily have a 3g connection albeit a weak one but I prefer this though lack the niceties of 2.1 rom.

Any idea how I can get 2.1 rom with 1.6 radio ability?

I'm using my Liquid on 3UK and have been since december and its been superb until the update.

Cheers.

Edited by sandys

Guest MrVanes

Maybe you could play with the *#*#4636#*#* settings and see if you can get it to prefer WCDMA in 'Phone information'. I'm not sure if there's such a setting, I do know there's 'WCDMA only' but you loose all connectivity if 3G is not available.

Guest sandys

I downloaded a network application that could set wcdma preferred how that relates to hspa I dunno but i get the H symbol rather than the G so I'm happy, seems to have done the trick I'll see how it goes over the next week.

Edited by sandys

• 2 months later...
Guest Rami Alisawi
I downloaded a network application that could set wcdma preferred how that relates to hspa I dunno but i get the H symbol rather than the G so I'm happy, seems to have done the trick I'll see how it goes over the next week.

is it that hard , if you mention that app name?