1/Sep 6.0.0 Release / Nightly - CyanogenMod members only and FREE Online Kitchens

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ChrisSpera

Paul,

I am using the member nightly kitchen to create a signed update. I am getting an error from the update that reads -

E:Error in /sdcard/<6.0.0-ROM_Update_Name>.zip (Status 6)

Installation aborted.

I'm gonna try and download a different bake, but this is the 2nd time this happened to me today. At first I thought it was because i was using the phone and a tethered connection and a slow connection corrupted the ZIP; but I'm on Wi-Fi now, and downloaded at 1.26MB a second... I'm wondering if there's a problem with the signing process or some other part of the bake..?

Anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?

Guest ChrisSpera
For those with the error, did you include / exclude items? Radio?

P

I left all selected options checked and added the radio and signing. Do you think it might be an issue with the radio?

Guest boriqua68010

I am trying to install this for the first time. I have rooted my phone and have installed custom roms before. I am using the signed version of this rom but I keep getting "Installation aborted (Status 0)" when I try to flash. I did not include the radio...

Edited by boriqua68010

Guest Cyberdelia

Well, finally I got to work this ROM with WiFi... (unsigned)

I have one problem yet: when I reboot for any reason, all my widgets have gone! (excepct Fancy Widget 1.3). All I have is a message for every wodget that "couldn't be loaded".. Then I have to reinstall each one, because even when te app is there, they don't appear in the "Add Widget" menu... I guess it's a problem of ADW.Launcher? Can this be repaired?

Guest ChrisSpera
It could be... try without?

P

k. will bake one without the radio, but SIGNED (I have Amon Ra's recovery image 1.7.0.1). If I still get the error after this next bake, its likely the signing process, no?

I will comment back after the bake, download and install attempt.

Guest ChrisSpera
k. will bake one without the radio, but SIGNED (I have Amon Ra's recovery image 1.7.0.1). If I still get the error after this next bake, its likely the signing process, no?

I will comment back after the bake, download and install attempt.

oookay...

Downloaded without the radio, signed, and installed, nandroid backup, but no wipe (I was already using CM 6.0 RC2). the device is rebooting now... and seems to be running the new ROM just fine.

There must be something wrong with the radio image.

Paul..??

Guest Cyberdelia
oookay...

Downloaded without the radio, signed, and installed, nandroid backup, but no wipe (I was already using CM 6.0 RC2). the device is rebooting now... and seems to be running the new ROM just fine.

There must be something wrong with the radio image.

Paul..??

I had some issue similar (I had AmonRA too), but I could install the ROM using ROM Manager, that REPLACE the AmonRA Recovery for the needed for this ROM (Cyanogen)...

Guest Breece

Got the error too... tried with radio... I am coming from 5.0.6 so I will try to update the Radio manually...

[edit]

Worked!!

Edited by Breece

Guest iconoclastic
Well, finally I got to work this ROM with WiFi... (unsigned)

I have one problem yet: when I reboot for any reason, all my widgets have gone! (excepct Fancy Widget 1.3). All I have is a message for every wodget that "couldn't be loaded".. Then I have to reinstall each one, because even when te app is there, they don't appear in the "Add Widget" menu... I guess it's a problem of ADW.Launcher? Can this be repaired?

I believe this is a conflict between ADW and froyo-style apps on sdcard. ADW tries to load the widget before the vfat partition is mounted and ready (real ext3 a2sd doesn't seem to be affected). Try moving the apps responsible for the widgets to "phone" storage.

Guest Cyberdelia
I believe this is a conflict between ADW and froyo-style apps on sdcard. ADW tries to load the widget before the vfat partition is mounted and ready (real ext3 a2sd doesn't seem to be affected). Try moving the apps responsible for the widgets to "phone" storage.

Yes! wou were right...

1. I changed to automatic (the location for installation)

2. I uninstalled the affected widgets

3. I reinstalled (I suppose to the phone)

4. I rebooted and my widgets and g0t0 are finally working.

So, I guess: widgets, Live Wallpapers, system-related apps must be installed to the phone, and other "user-apps" can go to External Storage...

I miss a2SD so much!!

Guest Rob Bourne

Wow this certainly made life easier, thanks. Just a quick note though - the kitchen says that the sense lwp is included but it isn't - at least on the rc2 version.

Not a dealbreaker, just thought I'd mention it :D

Guest bcjenkins

I registered and paid for a year to try this out. Thanks for doing this. What would be helpful to me if you could link the install options to something that describes what it is. I hope that makes sense!

Thanks!

B

Guest ChrisSpera

Paul,

It might be a good idea to include a way to package the radio in a separate signed zip so that we can flash it by itself (without the OS...) for those that perhaps already have the ROM from another site, OR for troubleshooting purposes.

Is that possible??

Guest ChrisSpera
Ah yes, must update that! :D

P

thanks, getting the radio in a separate signed zip, flashable via recovery, is going to be a lot easier for those of us who are having trouble with the Member Kitchens including the radio, and who aren't FastBoot/terminal savvy.

thanks!

Guest iconoclastic
What's a radio image and when may I need to apply one?

Might sound silly, but Google has not been my friend finding an answer...

Thx

In a very broad hand-waving sense, you can think of it as the device driver/firmware for the cell phone hardware part of your phone. Often things like wifi and bluetooth are bundled in the same hardware chips, so the radio image has it's tentacles deeper into your software than just making phone calls. When to update? when the you one you currently have installed is older than the one required by the rom you're installing. (hint: go into settings and look under "about phone" and then at the "baseband version")

Edited by iconoclastic

Guest chetcheng

cyanogen rc3 is out

http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/forum/36-goog...perimental-mod/

:D

Welcome to an experiment... members only AND FREE online kitchens for CyanogenMod 6.0.0 Nightly and RC2 builds.

Update: The auto-updating nightly kitchens are now online!

About the MoDaCo Online Kitchen infrastructure

Regular readers will know we've been running an online kitchen for a while, providing ROM building services to AdFree and Plus members. The reason the kitchens have only been available to members is simple - load. The infrastructure required to support kitchens for a large number of users and devices just isn't economically viable.

At the time of writing, the MoDaCo infrastructure consists of four dedicated servers (all running quad core processors with large disks and a large amount of memory). These servers run custom load balancing software designed to ensure that all of the servers are utilised as optimally as possible to provide the best possible build experience.

The experiment

I have set up two free kitchens below to use one of these servers, leaving the other 3 servers load balancing for Ad Free and Plus members. Now, there's a possibility that the free kitchen could become overloaded and collapse in a big heap, but to a certain extent that is the point of this exercise. To get a gauge on the impact of making an online kitchen more widely available. This is a very limited test and won't be extended to all kitchen ROMs.

The kitchen provides both the current unstable 'nightly' build (with update checks hourly) and the more stable RC2 build.

Is there a difference between the members only and free kitchens?

The biggest difference of course is the allocation of servers in the farm, which equates to speed and availability. The other difference is that the member kitchen can create signed builds, whereas the free kitchen cannot.

Awesome! How do I support future kitchen developments?

Simples... just sign up for an Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account (which also gets you access to the main kitchens of course!)

Do we post feedback on the CM 6 RC2 ROM here?

Only feedback on any issues relating to the kitchen... feedback on the ROM itself should be posted at the CyanogenMod forum.

Anything else?

The members only kitchens are in post 2, the free kitchens are in post 3. Enjoy! :D

P