1/Sep 6.0.0 Release / Nightly - CyanogenMod members only and FREE Online Kitchens

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest gmflash
Strange, if you download the nightly manually what does it show?

P

If I download the cm_passion-09032010-171259.zip from http://mirror.kanged.net/cm/nightly/passion/, the /system/build.prop shows

ro.build.version.incremental=eng.chrissoyars.20100903.170139

ro.build.date=Fri Sep 3 17:02:05 UTC 2010

ro.modversion=CyanogenMod-6-09032010-NIGHTLY-N1

If I bake a nightly rom with "CyanogenMod 6.0.0 nightly (cm_passion-09032010-171259) online kitchen - FREE MODE", the build.prop shows:

ro.build.version.incremental=eng.ctso.20100822.034537

ro.build.date=Sun Aug 22 03:47:20 UTC 2010

ro.modversion=CyanogenMod-6-08222010-NIGHTLY-N1

I just loaded the CyanogenMod 6.0.0 from the member's kitchen:

All options, unsigned. Are any of you experiencing issues with wi-fi? I have no wi-fi connectivity.

Guest spelvero

SOME "BUGS" HERE (MEMBER'S KITCHEN):

I've got no Chrome to phone (evenif i tick it before the bake). On the opposite side I didn't check the car-home option, but... it's here in my rom. Last thing: I can't find any "sense" lwp in wallpaper menu of my phone.

PS: Paul could you add some other options like clock, speech/sound recorder and sim toolokit menu, please?

TIA

Guest Evil Kaz

Im having problems with CM 6.0 giving me constant boot loops after flashing. I've wipe everything and even formatted my sd card but i still get the same problem. I'll see the Welcome to Android screen then the phone will hang and restart after a few seconds.

I've re-downloaded a couple of times now and each time the md5 hashes match.

Coming previously from Modaco R21. Any ideas? :P

Guest pwvandeursen
No one else had similar issues?? :P

Have you checked if you have the correct radio? I saw on CM site that the most recent radio is a requirement. don't know if it could be the reason for the issues you are seeing.

SOME "BUGS" HERE (MEMBER'S KITCHEN):

I've got no Chrome to phone (evenif i tick it before the bake). On the opposite side I didn't check the car-home option, but... it's here in my rom. Last thing: I can't find any "sense" lwp in wallpaper menu of my phone.

PS: Paul could you add some other options like clock, speech/sound recorder and sim toolokit menu, please?

TIA

Oooh, strangeness, let me check that out. Is that on nightly or release?

P

I've installed the "CyanogenMod 6.0.0 online kitchen - MEMBER MODE", I have Car Home, even if I didnt selected that one on the kitchen.

Torch FC everytime I try to turn it on, it lingers in memory even after FC (status bar says Torch is on).

Couldnt uninstall it, says "Failed to uninstall at this time" or something like that.

Camera works, but compared to original ROM picture quality seems worse... Does this have the 720p option?

For the loops 'Evil Kaz', have you tried using ext3 for your partition instead of ext4?

EDIT: also I dont have Chrome to phone as well.

Edited by KaCeX

I've installed the "CyanogenMod 6.0.0 online kitchen - MEMBER MODE", I have Car Home, even if I didnt selected that one on the kitchen.

Torch FC everytime I try to turn it on, it lingers in memory even after FC (status bar says Torch is on).

Couldnt uninstall it, says "Failed to uninstall at this time" or something like that.

Camera works, but compared to original ROM picture quality seems worse... Does this have the 720p option?

For the loops 'Evil Kaz', have you tried using ext3 for your partition instead of ext4?

EDIT: also I dont have Chrome to phone as well.

Car Home / Chrome to Phone options should be fixed now. :P

P

Guest pwvandeursen

Do others also have the camera issue, as I also agree regarding the low quality.

Also Paul, any idea which options you will further enable in the kitchen?

Guest pwvandeursen
I'm going to go through my other kitchens and merge in the relevant items.

P

Great! looking forwards to it.

Just to be sure I will be able to update the new rom without wiping and keep all of my info on the phone right?

Guest jocaferlo
Paul,

***POSSIBLE BUG***

All of the nightly builds (both member and free) appear to have older builds from August 22nd.

- pr00f

Today I flashed the nightly 09112010-032724 (member) and I could see that problem too. Really the build was older, from August 22nd.

Guest nexusninja

So after the issue I had with FRG33 I decided to go thru the kitchen, got my bake and loaded, now it is stuck on the cyanogen load page...any suggestions??

Had to factory wipe no loads and worked fine till a few hours ago and now the 2G and 3G Internet does not work, WIFI text and calls are fine, Factory reset again and now working...lets see

Edited by nexusninja

Hi Paul,

Do you have any plans to add the MoDaCo extras such as Titanium Backup and Wavesecure to the Cyanogen kitchen for members?

Babu.

This would be a huge bonus since it appears that we can't get wavesecure from the market in the US due to US State Dept arms exportation regulations...sigh.