Google Voice Actions / updated Quick Search Box APKs (original / testsigned)

Guest PaulOBrien

Google have released Voice Actions and an updated Quick Search Box for Froyo devices, detailed here.

Unfortunately they are only in the US market, and also can have issues depending on the signing configuration on your ROM.

So I've put some downloads up. :D

TRY THIS VERSION FIRST.

APKs with original signing - DOWNLOAD - MD5: b8eb69533a7c1492e2ca276b3f07a734

TRY THIS VERSION IF YOU GET 'INSTALLATION UNSUCCESSFUL':

APKs with test signing - DOWNLOAD - MD5: fa19f4889b408381b7f3a78376709161

Enjoy, and remember this is for Froyo only!

P

Update: If you need ChromeToPhone too for whatever reason, i've uploaded it here.

Guest Asselberghs

Hmm wierd neither of the files works on MCR r5 release of Froyo rom. Not that it matter that much to me, just thought I´d report back. Device is HTC Desire.

Hmm wierd neither of the files works on MCR r5 release of Froyo rom. Not that it matter that much to me, just thought I´d report back. Device is HTC Desire.

Both work fine for me on R5 (Desire). Unzipped onto SD and selected with Astro which opened App Manager.

Now I just need to find out what Voice Actions does! :D

Thanks Paul

EDIT: installed the top Original Signing ones

Edited by pd555

Guest pcb007

Does not seem to work for me, i say listen to Elton John as an example or send text to Stuart and it fires up the google search page on the web. Navigate, map, call seems to work most of the time Any ideas please?

Guest Jason Syn
Does not seem to work for me, i say listen to Elton John as an example or send text to Stuart and it fires up the google search page on the web. Navigate, map, call seems to work most of the time Any ideas please?

These don't work on CM6, thanks for trying Paul.

Guest elroy944

works great with R8 on my htc desire using the test signed files, anyone has the new clock.apk with test signed? hope to get the alarm clock work as well here in the netherlands

Guest BongoSTL
it is impossible to set the alarm,download the latest clock from the android marke.t Whats that i have the latest clock apps.

from what i can tell, the alarm hasn't been released into the market yet....

anyone have information other than this?

I'm in the uk and show in the market, tried to download and it failed, tried the files in OP and failed.

BUT...... If you uninstall "Google search" and "google voice search" first, using titanium backup or adb, then REBOOT!! and if you don't it doesn't work. Then install from market. Worked perfectly for me on my Hero with a custom ROM.

Guest The Jones
I'm in the uk and show in the market, tried to download and it failed, tried the files in OP and failed.

BUT...... If you uninstall "Google search" and "google voice search" first, using titanium backup or adb, then REBOOT!! and if you don't it doesn't work. Then install from market. Worked perfectly for me on my Hero with a custom ROM.

Is the new search app bound to your hardware search button too?

looks like it.

With the voice search, I can't get it to work with the "listen to", "send text to" and a few others, yet "navigate to" and call .... works!!!! Strange.

EDIT: fixed,

Mark Carter said...

You need to set the Voice Recognizer language to US English.

Home -> Menu -> Settings -> Voice input & output -> Voice recognizer settings -> Language -> English (US)

It won't work on other languages like English (UK).

Edited by ri2la

Guest The Jones
looks like it.

With the voice search, I can't get it to work with the "listen to", "send text to" and a few others, yet "navigate to" and call .... works!!!! Strange.

EDIT: fixed,

Hmm, on my Nexus One having followed your instructions above, I have lost the bindings. Thanks for helping me to get the voice search to work properly though, was really annoying me.

Guest Mekerz

Installed fine using the first download link, however - I find it really inaccurate, and my text/voice settings are set to English UK.

"Send text to" never works for me. Anyone else finding the same?

Guest Asselberghs

Now I feel a bit dumb, I diden´t realize it was zip files, thought they were just apk files. I found a tool to handle unzipping and installed. DohxD

Guest badgaz

Installed the signed apks on my Hero, works fine except pressing the hardware search button no longer does anything (long press does voice search though)... Any way to fix this?