SD card not recognised by laptop

Guest oldun

I have a 2GB micro sd card in my Legend.

When I connect my Legend to the laptop it is "seen" by the laptop and HTC also "sees" it OK.

However when I go to "Computer" a drive is seen but if I try to see what is in it I am told that no disc is loaded.

If I take the micro sd card out of the phone and place it in my laptop card reader (using a micro sd to sd adapter) the card is seen correctly and the normal operations can be carried out on it.

Can anyone offer me help with this problem?

I have a 2GB micro sd card in my Legend.

When I connect my Legend to the laptop it is "seen" by the laptop and HTC also "sees" it OK.

However when I go to "Computer" a drive is seen but if I try to see what is in it I am told that no disc is loaded.

If I take the micro sd card out of the phone and place it in my laptop card reader (using a micro sd to sd adapter) the card is seen correctly and the normal operations can be carried out on it.

Can anyone offer me help with this problem?

I am going to hazard a guess here and suggest that you need to pull down the notification bar, select usb icon and then choose disk drive and then done.

Until you do that, the SD card is not unmounted by the phone and made available for the PC.

Hope that is of use.