Dell Streak 2.1 update (21 devices) - Download here!

Guest rza.android

Guest paruccone
Yeah, I tried that and it said it was bad. So I flashed stock recovery and now I have 2.1!! With 720P video capture!

720p video cap? it doesn't show in my options... i only have low, vga, qvga and qcif...

Guest courtlandre
720p video cap? it doesn't show in my options... i only have low, vga, qvga and qcif...

It does for me with the new interface. Are you sure you are on 2.1? The camera interface is completely different.

Guest timbomfg

Giving it a try, decided to nuke the device (its not my main handset), stick stock recovery ROM on, now doing factory restore, and will then stick the new update in.

safari so goody..

doubt 720p will come till we get froyo. EDIT <<<<<>>>>> it does have 720P at 8fps !!!!

but this is quite a lot faster than the 1.6 build..

think I need to do screen calibration..

Edited by fards

Guest T_r_i_s

Working for me without clockwork recovery - I just have the Dell standard (was on 4399). Just did this:

Rename the ROM to 'Update.pkg' and put it in the root directory on your SD card. (needs to have a capital U)

Boot Streak in Recovery mode (hold down vol up and vol down when turning on) and select option 2.

Wait till it installs and it will boot into Android....DONE!

Guest paruccone
It does for me with the new interface. Are you sure you are on 2.1? The camera interface is completely different.

weird... if I switch back to english I can see 720p as the first option instead of "Basse (MMS)" in French...

mmmh.... and what is worst is that it's true! there's no way to select 720p with the french interface (if I chosse the first options it really takes videos at a very low res) :D(((

so I'd love to keep the US english interface but is there a way to keep the french keyaboard I need to send messages to my contacts?

see ya,

Alessandro

Guest courtlandre
safari so goody..

doubt 720p will come till we get froyo.

but this is quite a lot faster than the 1.6 build..

think I need to do screen calibration..

Does it not show 720 as an option for you either?

Guest courtlandre
weird... if I switch back to english I can see 720p as the first option instead of "Basse (MMS)" in French...

mmmh.... and what is worst is that it's true! there's no way to select 720p with the french interface (if I chosse the first options it really takes videos at a very low res) :D(((

so I'd love to keep the US english interface but is there a way to keep the french keyaboard I need to send messages to my contacts?

see ya,

Alessandro

Look in the market, I'm sure there is another keyboard. Plus, stock dell keyboard doesnt support multitouch! I'm getting better keyboard right now.

Yeah, point is you can't install if you have clockwork recovery.

I've installed su and it works fine. I'll go about making an update.zip for it shortly.

The 720 capture seems a bit faster than 8fps.

New keyboard is no better than the old one. New camera interface is pretty balls as well.

Guest alfri68
Yeah, point is you can't install if you have clockwork recovery.

I've installed su and it works fine. I'll go about making an update.zip for it shortly.

The 720 capture seems a bit faster than 8fps.

New keyboard is no better than the old one. New camera interface is pretty balls as well.

i dont understand.sorry.can i upgrade putting the file pkg in my sd card?

i dont understand.sorry.can i upgrade putting the file pkg in my sd card?

If you have flashed the clockwork recovery then you need to revert back to the stock recovery via flashboot to install this update.

If you have not flashed clockwork recovery then just hold down both volume button, hold down power and when the recovery screen shows up select the second option.

very strange it wouldnt do the google account login over wifi.

as soon as I logged in over gprs it was fine, wifi all working and correct.

Fine here over wifi. I had that problem when I first got my streak, had to factory reset it.

Both recovery methods seem to go through the bootloader now and not direct so I guess it's flashing at least 4 of the partitions. Means doing an update.zip blindly right off the bat for people to use might not be a good idea.

If you got clockwork recovery on the device you should be able to get it off and update.

Guest timbomfg

Loving it, much faster, works fine. Seemed happy to install my 30 odd apps in one hit without slowing down.

One question though, are there alternate sources for animated wallpapers?

Fine here over wifi. I had that problem when I first got my streak, had to factory reset it.

Both recovery methods seem to go through the bootloader now and not direct so I guess it's flashing at least 4 of the partitions. Means doing an update.zip blindly right off the bat for people to use might not be a good idea.

If you got clockwork recovery on the device you should be able to get it off and update.

yeah I'm going to do a factory reset on it.

market isnt playing properly, only showed a few of the apps I have

Guest jamezwarner

All good here, 720P fine - also had the can't sync with google account for market till I turned off wifi, seems fine now after re-enabling...

James

Guest courtlandre
Have the other basebands been updated? 00, 31? I've lost track of the latest ones.

Downloading, slowly.. maybe someone should torrent it!

I put a mediafire link up. In this thread...