Suggest a rom to me..

Guest mackrox

Guest mackrox

Finally got the O2! Sick of fixing my O1.. I *gasp* Like the Samsung TouchWiz interface. However, I'm looking to find a rom that:

- Has a better lock screen (keyboard displays over top of it for some reason)

- Less ugly home screen

- Stock GUI for the menus, I like it.. Task manager and everything is easily accessed!

- Tweaked for speed

- Tweaked memory storage

Pretty much looking for a tweaked up version, there's so many on here so - just looking at possibilities!

Amdzero's Zerostock is essentially the stock rom with memory tweaks, verizon software removes, and upgraded software. It should be the most familiar to the standard interface if that's what you like but there's nothing really new as far as the home screen goes.

Ninjaforhire's Ninjatoday uses a samsung start menu that's somewhat different than the stock one and has a different samsung today screen.

But all roms have the samsung settings menus which is IMO at least much better than the windows settings for basic stuff. Most don't include lock screens and some even remove the default touchwiz one along with the touchwiz home screen, amdzeros I believe is the only one with a new lock screen(S2U2). Though if you get a sense rom you can use that lock screen(make sure to update CHTEditor or else it wont lock automatically when it times out or when you press the physical lock button, have to manually engage it from the sense UI, updating it also lets you do level editing).

Guest mackrox
Amdzero's Zerostock is essentially the stock rom with memory tweaks, verizon software removes, and upgraded software. It should be the most familiar to the standard interface if that's what you like but there's nothing really new as far as the home screen goes.

Ninjaforhire's Ninjatoday uses a samsung start menu that's somewhat different than the stock one and has a different samsung today screen.

But all roms have the samsung settings menus which is IMO at least much better than the windows settings for basic stuff. Most don't include lock screens and some even remove the default touchwiz one along with the touchwiz home screen, amdzeros I believe is the only one with a new lock screen(S2U2). Though if you get a sense rom you can use that lock screen(make sure to update CHTEditor or else it wont lock automatically when it times out or when you press the physical lock button, have to manually engage it from the sense UI, updating it also lets you do level editing).

Thanks, I'm going to try the first one then the second one.