update-7546.pkg

Guest spences10

Guest m4tt24

Ok has anyone decided if i can access this download again? one thing i have noticed before i did this update the system updates page took me to the zing site now i've done this update i'm back to it pointing to mobileupdate.dell.com, trying to think of anything that maybe i did or didn't do that would of caused mine to update where others can't, i'm on a o2 phone updated to 2.1 the day it was leaked and my phone wasn't rooted when i updated today, here's my about phone grab anyway incase people think i'm winding people up as i've not seen any others say they can get it yet.

post-719413-1282499129_thumb.png

Oh and just so you know, no i'm not taking my phone apart. :huh:

Guest mzsigler
Ok has anyone decided if i can access this download again? one thing i have noticed before i did this update the system updates page took me to the zing site now i've done this update i'm back to it pointing to mobileupdate.dell.com, trying to think of anything that maybe i did or didn't do that would of caused mine to update where others can't, i'm on a o2 phone updated to 2.1 the day it was leaked and my phone wasn't rooted when i updated today, here's my about phone grab anyway incase people think i'm winding people up as i've not seen any others say they can get it yet.

post-719413-1282499129_thumb.png

Oh and just so you know, no i'm not taking my phone apart. :huh:

We believe you, we just want you to upload it, lol

Guest Paul Brown

i'm not too sure how you're going to get it off your phone, or if it even still exists on there to be honest.

Best way i can think is to use a file manager, go through your phones system sd card, and just see if it's there anywhere

Guest mzsigler
If he made a nandroid, I assume we could all apply it??

I dunno if I would apply it immediately, but if he gives us a system.img we can see what's changed.

I had the notification today, points to same update.zingstaging that the system update check in settings uses.. download has tried to start both Wifi and gps.. but failed

Guest mzsigler
I had the notification today, points to same update.zingstaging that the system update check in settings uses.. download has tried to start both Wifi and gps.. but failed

Yeah, pinging the server just times out, both domain and IP.

Guest Stephen Hyde

yep ill second what people are suggesting on page 2, most android phones that get update OTA download said update to /cache i think - if you have astro or some file manager you should be able to browse to that folder to check. i cant access update here either

Guest llecaroz

The problem is that I suppose that they are searching for the file after having flashed & due to the new rom installation the cache directory has been wiped !

So they would have to search before flashing their phone with the new rom....

Guest Dunhamzzz

US customers must be screwing that we are about to get our third Android update now!

FYI The zingstaging site is still down.

Edited by Dunhamzzz

Guest m4tt24

If someone send me instructions on how to do this nandroid backup or whatever it is you want me and what I need to do it, I'll do it later tonight, bear with me this is my first android phone. :huh:

Guest mzsigler
If someone send me instructions on how to do this nandroid backup or whatever it is you want me and what I need to do it, I'll do it later tonight, bear with me this is my first android phone. :huh:

Install clockwork recovery detailed in the post pinned at the top of this forum. Once you get it installed, boot into recovery, select nandroid, then backup, then let it run, and check the /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery folder. Should have a folder with today's date in there and stuff like data.img, system.img, boot.img, etc.

Guest m4tt24

I can't get the comp to recognise my phone, pretty much same as this post, going through device manager it reckons my drivers are upto date but only shows up as android1 or something similar, need to be up for work in 5 1/2 hours so i'm going to try again tomorrow, sorry for the delays in trying to get this for you guys but pretty hectic days until thursday (next day off), usually off work tomorrow but not possible this week.

Thanks but I've tried (the simpler version of) that and I can't get any further than:

3. Boot your streak in to fastboot (on/off button + camera)

Pressing fastboot on screen gets "Wait for USB Fastboot detect...." ...and just stays there. Plugging in the USB cable is useless.

I'm completely lost.

Guest Shauneh

This is taken from one of my posts, you need to download the Android SDK it has the drivers and fastboot in it.

The drivers don't automatically install, and the fastboot one even tells you its wrong so you have to manually set it this way:

Get to your device manager (Right click My Computer -> Properties -> Device Manager)

There should be an exclamation mark on a device called Android 1.0.

After seeing this you right click it and go to Properties, under the device tab click update driver.

Then Browse Manually for the driver, locate your Android SDK install and load the usb_driver folder, not the amd64 or i386.

Then pick the bootloader one.

This is what I did to get it working, bearing in mind that this is roughly the same on each Windows OS.

Thanks,

Shauneh

Guest popetodd

My big question for this thread:

Is it more stable than the first release?

This is something that has not been answered (or even questioned) in the big rush to grab and install it.

I would think we would like to know your user experience with this phantom update before we feverishly start working to find ways to extract and distribute it.

My big question for this thread:

Is it more stable than the first release?

This is something that has not been answered (or even questioned) in the big rush to grab and install it.

I would think we would like to know your user experience with this phantom update before we feverishly start working to find ways to extract and distribute it.

maybe if more than two people had it would could tell a bit better?

Guest spences10
maybe if more than two people had it would could tell a bit better?

Seeing as this was an update on the devices already running the leaked 2.1 ‘thanks to fards for finding this’ why would it be an update to the official release?

Do you think that this may have just been a system test by the dev team and seeing as we were already running the 2.1 firmware we got the update message inadvertently?

All speculation I know but the two chaps that have managed to download the update do not seem to be to familiar with custom recovery and doing a ‘nandroid’ backup so rather than press them to do something they are not comfortable with I suppose all we can do is wait for the official 2.1 or Paul’s MCR or one from AdamG if he is doing a ROM

Or all our prayers could be answered [unlikely] and DELL release the kernel source.

Do you think that this may have just been a system test by the dev team and seeing as we were already running the 2.1 firmware we got the update message inadvertently?

yeah that's my theory as well..