T-Mobile UK announcement regarding removal of 2.1 for the Pulse

Guest Simon O

I think T mobile have a policy of only supporting versions that are at least two iterations old.

They released 2.1 by mistake, then pulled it when they realised it was only one version out of date.

TBH I think they washed their hands of this phone long ago.

Guest Epic-Emodude
I think T mobile have a policy of only supporting versions that are at least two iterations old.

They released 2.1 by mistake, then pulled it when they realised it was only one version out of date.

TBH I think they washed their hands of this phone long ago.

Thats very true. My next phone will be something HTC that will definately get updates =)

Thats very true. My next phone will be something HTC that will definately get updates =)

+1

Yeah, unfortunately I feel the same way.

The best thing that happened to the HW U8220 is this community, ......and the "time machine". :)

HTC would definitely mean better updates, but none of the HTC phones are really exciting me just at the moment.

I'm peering curiously at a few phones - not that I can afford any of them really.

Orange San Francisco

Motorola Defy

Galaxy S... Or ideally Nexus 2 if the rumours turn out to be true.

Only one of those phones is likely to get regular and rapid updates, and it may not even exist.

Must be strong and not buy another unsupported or locked down phone...

HTC would definitely mean better updates, but none of the HTC phones are really exciting me just at the moment.

I'm peering curiously at a few phones - not that I can afford any of them really.

Orange San Francisco

Motorola Defy

Galaxy S... Or ideally Nexus 2 if the rumours turn out to be true.

Only one of those phones is likely to get regular and rapid updates, and it may not even exist.

Must be strong and not buy another unsupported or locked down phone...

Orange Sanfrancisco will probably get zero support from Orange themselves but it's easy to mod, a froyo alpha is already available and a retail froyo is imminent (in china but will be ported), also the mfr has released the kernel source (just about) and we are in direct contact with them to sort out any issues so fingers crossed the future of open source on the sanfran is looking very promising at the moment. I sold my pulse, bought a sanfran and haven't looked back since.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest batch_2001

So is there any news on an official T-Mob 2.1 re-release?

I'm running the old 2.1 and to be honest I'm in two minds about binning it or downgrading to the December update. The 2.1. missed text message bug makes the phone practically unusable.

Guest AntonioPT
So is there any news on an official T-Mob 2.1 re-release?

I'm running the old 2.1 and to be honest I'm in two minds about binning it or downgrading to the December update. The 2.1. missed text message bug makes the phone practically unusable.

Wait, you are running the STOCK 2.1? :P With a custom ROM like FLB-Mod and a swap partition the missed text message bug is gone! BTW, it has been gone for a few months now :D

Wait, you are running the STOCK 2.1? :P With a custom ROM like FLB-Mod and a swap partition the missed text message bug is gone! BTW, it has been gone for a few months now :D

+1.

SMS bug has been the way of the dodo since we had swap.