T mobile HSPDA

Guest Jerry786

Guest Jerry786

I can only get it when im outdoors... Kind of pathetic considering on the 3 network, on my HTC, i get the 'H' logo coming up every time i connect to the internet, indoor or outdoors!

NOTE: On the mini, it will show 'G' instead of 'H', for some unknown reason, Got this confirmed today by customer services, albeit shoddy and appalling service

Guest Danh2122
I can only get it when im outdoors... Kind of pathetic considering on the 3 network, on my HTC, i get the 'H' logo coming up every time i connect to the internet, indoor or outdoors!

NOTE: On the mini, it will show 'G' instead of 'H', for some unknown reason, Got this confirmed today by customer services, albeit shoddy and appalling service

Ok first of all what Customer services told you is wrong, If a G appears it means it is GPRS (2G) Which is older and slower than 3G and HSPDA (which in this thread i'll call 3G+), It should Just Say 3G when connected to UMTS (Slower 3G) or HSPDA (Faster 3G)

Also the Pulse Mini supports 3G+ But only up to 3.5MBPS, Whereas a full 3G+ would usually go up to 7.5MBPS maybe even higher.

Where I live (Plymouth,UK) i can get 3G+ via My T-Mobile Mobile Broadband Dongle, One way to see it Your Mini is go to Settings>About Phone >Status> Mobile Network Type

And to Finish what Customer Services says is usually Wrong :huh:

Edited by Danh2122

Guest Danh2122
Network state is UMTS, what does that mean. And yes, i thought as much, T mobile CS is the worst i have ever come across

UMTS is basically the slower 3G,

Heres a little speed chart

Slow

-GPRS (2G)

-UMTS (3G)

-HSPDA (3G+)

-4G

Fast

Guest petewhittle
UMTS is basically the slower 3G,

Heres a little speed chart

Slow

-GPRS (2G)

-UMTS (3G)

-HSPDA (3G+)

-4G

Fast

On my Sasmung Galaxy S I have the 'H' symbol denoting my connection type. I presume that would mean i am on HSDPA, but doing a speedtest i only have 308kbit/s . (On t-mobile contract with unlimited internet booster)

Guest MooMooz

GSM Based (US):

GSM (1G) no data

GPRS (2G) 56K Modem Speeds..slow data

Edge (2.5G) 180Kbit isdn'ish speeds?

Edge/EGPRS (2.75G)

UMTS/WCDMA (3G) ~4 Mbit Max, effective speeds.. ~2.1 Mbit

HSDPA/HSUPA (3.5G) ~10.2Mbit max, Effective speed..~5 Mbit

HSPA+ (3.75G) 42Mbit Max, (T-Mobile deployed the 21 Mbit, Effective Speed..~10.2 Mbit.)

~~~

LTE Advanced (4G)

Just a note: Sprint's "Evo 4G" is running on a WIMAX network, which the WIMAX standard for Mobile is considered to be 3.9G, hence, they're still 3G. So in actuality, no provider in the US has deplyed a TRUE 4G Network.

Guest Danh2122
GSM Based (US):

GSM (1G) no data

GPRS (2G) 56K Modem Speeds..slow data

Edge (2.5G) 180Kbit isdn'ish speeds?

Edge/EGPRS (2.75G)

UMTS/WCDMA (3G) ~4 Mbit Max, effective speeds.. ~2.1 Mbit

HSDPA/HSUPA (3.5G) ~10.2Mbit max, Effective speed..~5 Mbit

HSPA+ (3.75G) 42Mbit Max, (T-Mobile deployed the 21 Mbit, Effective Speed..~10.2 Mbit.)

~~~

LTE Advanced (4G)

Just a note: Sprint's "Evo 4G" is running on a WIMAX network, which the WIMAX standard for Mobile is considered to be 3.9G, hence, they're still 3G. So in actuality, no provider in the US has deplyed a TRUE 4G Network.

Nice to know, But the Evo is still an amazing phone and I wonder if we'll ever get it in the uk. :huh:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Danh2122
Nice to know, But the Evo is still an amazing phone and I wonder if we'll ever get it in the uk. :lol:

Yehp the Evo is Coming to the Uk, Without the 4G, And renamed to HTC Desire HD

Guest kallt_kaffe

When you compile Android there is a config variable that controls if the H icon will be used

<!--
Control whether status bar should distinguish HSPA data icon form UMTS data icon on devices
-->
<bool name="config_hspa_data_distinguishable">true</bool>[/code]

This variable defaults to false but on my U8100 I get an "H" every now and then so at least on my phone the Android build must have this enabled. It is possible that the pulse mini Android is built with the default value and in that case you will not get an H even if HDSPA is used.