Petition for the 2.6.29 (Eclair) kernel source, sign in here

Guest niko1986

Guest niko1986

SIGN PETITION HERE

Just been perusing the Dell Streak section of this forum and noticed they have the same issue with lack of kernel sources being released etc.

Seems they've had a number of features on various tech sites. They've managed to get over 400 signatures for their petition.

I know it can't force tmobile to release the source but I'm sure we could at the very least beat the streaks petition number :huh: if one was started for the pulse.

Edited by niko1986

Guest BigBearMDC
Just been perusing the Dell Streak section of this forum and noticed they have the same issue with lack of kernel sources being released etc.

Seems they've had a number of features on various tech sites. They've managed to get over 400 signatures for their petition.

I know it can't force tmobile to release the source but I'm sure we could at the very least beat the streaks petition number :huh: if one was started for the pulse.

Niko, am I allowed to change the topic title to

Petition for the 2.6.29 (Eclair) kernel source, sign in here?

Best regards,

BB

Guest Simon O

Any chance you can edit the petition to add this:

T-Mobile, in violation of the GPL, has not released the kernel source for their mobile device, the T-Mobile Pulse.

Releasing the kernal source would not only bring them into compliance with the GPL, it would speed up development of software for the device.

We, the MoDaCo T-Mobile Pulse community, encourage T-Mobile to comply with the GPL and release the kernal source, without any further delay. Huawei, the device manufacturers, have granted T-Mobile permission to release the full source code. So far they have failed to do so.

(I edited the message on the Dell Streak petition lol)

Edited by flibblesan

Guest niko1986

I know they are most likely dealing with much bigger GPL issues but perhaps contacting the FSF Free Software Licensing and Compliance Lab might help us work out our options?

http://www.fsf.org/licensing/

And also trying to get our petition seen by some of the blogs and tech news sites? Maybe Paul could run and article about how some of the android handset makers are not abiding by the GPL, Huawei and Dell i'm sure there are others not releasing source codes.