|WWE|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ |July 4| 21916/29022 | Sense 2.5 2021 / Titanium / Cookie 2.0

Guest NRGZ28

Guest AnYhOw

Hello NRGZ28,

I have just flash my O2 to Energy.OMNIA.29020.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.DinikGlass.Apr.26.

So far it's alright, but one problem occur when I'm trying to change the start menu to the compact mode.

After it re-boot, when I press on the start button the whole phone will lag and hangs. Around 10seconds

later it will be back to normal, but the start menu will not pop out.

May I know what should I do? Thanks NRGZ28, for your great effort on our O2. (:

Guest jubelperser

I just flashed your gtx themed rom and, wow! This is the first sense rom that actually works for me. I Especially like how the couple of contacts and text messages I have with Chinese Characters show without the need to install additional fonts in wm as well as in manila. Good job!

Issues so far (some or all of them probably already mentioned in this thread):

- very little RAM left (I only use contacts, message and call history tabs, but maybe I'll find a way to squeeze more ram out of it)

- not really worth mentioning: when I add a contact to a quick link, both software keyboards I use (samsung and swype) will squeeze the contacts list.

- the windows mobile threaded sms view shows me conversations instead of messages (which is what it's supposed to do) but when I click on a conversation it shows the last message in the samsung view. Changed this via regedit.

- this has been mentioned: After data connection is switched on there is no way (sense quick link, connection manager) to turn it off again.

Question:

- Is there a way to make the lock screen not dim itself? It's beautiful and a shame that it's almost not visible. Installed s2u2. New problem, see below.

But, anyway. I love how everything fits together well (sense, wm, phone app etc.) and just works. Awesome! Thanks!

edit: I am a new i8000 user and this has nothing to do with your rom, but why the heck is the diamond button no d-pad? What were they thinking?? Think I might sacrifice the volume rocker to get up/down functionality. What the heck were they thinking??

edit 2: I just installed the april 30th wm 6.5.x version of your rom. I don't know if this was the case in the april 26th version, but software keyboards also squeeze the htc text message view.

s2u2 does not lock any button at all. Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Should mention that I also use aebuttons. Oh well, found the "button" menu in samsung settings...

Edited by jubelperser

Guest sgmem88

using apr 30th rom, so far so good.

no delay issue with compact menu, but prefer panel menu

text msg squeeze when keyboard launch is known issue of Sense in O2, guess have to live with it or use other msg editor.

another way is to hide the keyboard when need to read msg, launch only when need to type :mellow:

Guest Hoshimaru

I'm running the Touch of Glass flavor of build 29020 and it's the best one I've ever had on my mobile. It's speed and battery life are unmatched when I set it to no animations & automatic performance. All the other builds up to this one had rather sloppy performance compared to that recent update. Thank you so much for your great work and efforts put into this!

However, 3G coverage is not as good as the others. But maybe something went wrong with the update? I reflashed with the JJ1 CSC, but when I go to the settings to see the version information, CSC is blank.

Is there a changelog somewhere for the April 30th version?

Guest jubelperser

This is not the first windows phone i used, but the strangest by far. So kudos to everyone who builds roms for the i8000!

I am using the sencity flavor of your april 30th rom and it's stunning!

With 3 homescreens (only one level) and 5 tabs (people, messages, email and call history) it's plenty fast and responsive, battery life is good. One minor gripe is that I had to switch from the standard windows mobile start menu to an alternative in order to free up some ram, before that opera mobile was sluggish at best and s2p would randomly shut down. Can't say I am in love with the compact start menu (or any other alternative to the wm start menu) but it works, went from 32mb free ram at startup to 58mb.

little update on what works and what doesn't:

1. keyboards squeeze htc contacts and message screens, which apparently can't be fixed (thanks for the feedback on this one!)

2. s2u2 locks every button when the screen is turned off (after I found the "button" entry in the samsung settings), when the screen is on and shows the s2u2 lockscreen it locks every button but the camera button, which leads to me turning the camery app on half the time I pull the phone out of it's sleeve. This also seems to be a known problem.

3. nothing, this rom is awesome!

But another problem I have is the gps. This probably is not a problem with this rom, but I want to ask users of the nrg rom anyways, because none of the fixes in the gps threads worked for me and the answers in those threads may be too general. So, is it working for you?

When I use navicomputer and switch on the gps function it tells me that the phone is turned off and I had to switch it on. Just to clarify, the phone is turned on at that time. (I read in one of the gps threads that there is a weird connection of the gps driver and the phone module)

PDA: I8000NXXJE3

CSC: blank (I believe I flashed a german JF4.csc)

Phone: I8000XXJF1

Eboot: I8000NXXJH2

What do you use? Does it work for you?

Thanks!

edit: Installed google maps, ran it once and now I can get a gps fix in navicomputer also. This is the strangest device...

Edited by jubelperser

Guest Hoshimaru

I'm using NDrive for finding my way around. It detects the GPS settings automatically and of you go. I believe it's not very suitable for offroad navigation, although it comes with an "Adventure" mode.

I tried that mode as pedestrian navigation in Copenhagen two weeks , 'cause I'd be walking around entire blocks following traffic xD

It shows an arrow from you position to where you need to be and you just walk your way :mellow:

As for getting the fix: it's a matter of seconds with a clear sky.

In the past I tried Tomtom and Navigon, from an old pocketPC (loox 720) and I never got them to work without additional software such as gpsproxy.

Guest sgmem88
ARE WE EVER GOING TO SEE TITANIUM ROMS AGAIN?!!

Chef seldom check this forum

Tweet him, you'll get your answer there

Guest Koljasöngsen

I realy like the energy rom but unfortunately it s not in german.

Read about the possibility to make a romdump for the rom to change language.

Most things of sense are running already in german but wm is still english and dialer and settings are english.

Can anybody explain me how to make this rom dump or is it possible to get this in my favoured language.

Lokking forward to hear good news. i ve wm 6.5. 21916 with the energy standard rom

Guest Ngage

Mr. NRG

Please, rom Energy.29020.DinikGlass.May.15 is wrong, no boot, only showed logo and then black screen. Please, correct this.

Guest fubo

Hi NRGZ28,

I just gave your ROM a try, really beautiful! But I experienced the issue that when keyboard appears, the contents of the window shrinks. Also fields like user and passwd for Facebook, for example, shrinks, but characters introduced are displayed not shrinked. Is that normal?

Thanks.

Guest ZaPa_78
Mr. NRG

Please, rom Energy.29020.DinikGlass.May.15 is wrong, no boot, only showed logo and then black screen. Please, correct this.

Mr. NRG

Please, rom Energy.21916.Touch of Glass.May.15 is wrong too, no boot, only showed logo and then black screen.

I am using the GTX 29020 April 30 rom, everything is fine except that once in a while after a reset, I will get a .net CF loading error. Has anyboy got that and what's the solution? I am wondering if I could just reinstall the .net CF 3.7 or something like that. any suggestions?

Guest Ngage
I am using the GTX 29020 April 30 rom, everything is fine except that once in a while after a reset, I will get a .net CF loading error. Has anyboy got that and what's the solution? I am wondering if I could just reinstall the .net CF 3.7 or something like that. any suggestions?

reboot device,is ok.

Guest Dimon.71

Привет NRGZ28. Rom Touch of Glass. прошиваю но после загрузки ничего не происходит. Что может быть? Boot and CSC.

лого Samsung и потом черный экран.

Edited by Dimon.71

Guest Ken29

Thank you very much for this amazing ROM. Great Job.

I installed the Energy.OMNIA.29020.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.sencity.May.15.

I noticed a couple of things :

- CHTeditor Lockscreen doesn't work, you can't wake up the phone.

- The middle Button is set on "Start Menu" and can't be changed : always come back to "Start menu " after a reboot.

- Flight Mode widget on the home screen doesn't operate.

Cheers

Kenan