I8000NXXJG2 LITE 20100902, JH2 LITE 20100906

Guest twu2

That's not true. He did JE2 which is 6.5 based.

yes, and it was his last 6.5 ROM as he personally stated that he is not interested in 6.5 ROMs anymore.

That's not true. Windows comes with a tiny keyboard. Look at Shark's ROM and Sinna's ultra lite ROM.

yes, and did i say it must be samsung's? besides, what is the point of using such tiny useless keyboard anyway?

HI Twu,

Thanks for the great rom!!

Just to check, do you have another version of the Droid font that works for this rom? I have downloaded the previous one by you but it dont seem to recognise the Chinese, Korean and Japanese fonts.

Installing the Kaidi_Sunfont helps to recognise Chinese fonts though.

Many Thanks for the great rom.... :P

yes, and it was his last 6.5 ROM as he personally stated that he is not interested in 6.5 ROMs anymore.

yes, and did i say it must be samsung's? besides, what is the point of using such tiny useless keyboard anyway?

That keyboard is useless but also occupies the least resources. I don't use any Samsung keyboards, because I use third party ones for specific purposes. To have Samsung heavy weight keyboard is just waste of resources in this case.

That keyboard is useless but also occupies the least resources. I don't use any Samsung keyboards, because I use third party ones for specific purposes. To have Samsung heavy weight keyboard is just waste of resources in this case.

if you are not going to use wm default keyboard then it is a waste if you still have it in the ROM. it is your choice to have any keyboard in a cooked ROM and in your case, i believe it's gonna be A4. but without keyboard, the ROM won't boot. <-- this is what we were talking about.

if you are not going to use wm default keyboard then it is a waste if you still have it in the ROM. it is your choice to have any keyboard in a cooked ROM and in your case, i believe it's gonna be A4. but without keyboard, the ROM won't boot. <-- this is what we were talking about.

You still don't get what I am talking about. compare the resources used by little tiny windows default keyboard and the one comes with the ROM, which one occupies more resources if you are not going to use them anyways? Why would Sina and Shark include this useless keyboard in their rom?

You still don't get what I am talking about. compare the resources used by little tiny windows default keyboard and the one comes with the ROM, which one occupies more resources if you are not going to use them anyways? Why would Sina and Shark include this useless keyboard in their rom?

Another thing, like it or not, I believe the Windows default keyboard would always be there, just like the phone dialer.

Just to check, do you have another version of the Droid font that works for this rom? I have downloaded the previous one by you but it dont seem to recognise the Chinese, Korean and Japanese fonts.

I still use the Droid font, it work for me.

anybody, are u able to use videocalls?

You need install Samsung Dialer from the cab (reboot it after install), then it will enable the video call feature in the dialer.

Any chance of a lite JH2 as from what I heard there has been quite a change in terms of speed from version JG2.

uploading to multiupload now.

I'll update the link in 1st post later.

If possible, could you pls take the keyboard out next time and provide cab instead?

If you don't need Samsung keypad... the better way is: create your lite rom following my documentation, step by step, it's not difficult...

Just choose MS IME and don't choose Samsung Keypad from BuildOS, then you will get a lite rom without Samsung Keypad. (Yes, you need at least on keyboard program, either Samsung or MS).

If possible, could you pls take the keyboard out next time and provide cab instead?

your original post.

Without the keyboard the ROM will not worked.

Thank twu2 for sharing!

the answer from skoda60

thats true, without keyboard, the ROM won't even boot after flashing.

the answer from me.

That's not true. Windows comes with a tiny keyboard. Look at Shark's ROM and Sinna's ultra lite ROM.

you started accusing both of us lying about the truth and not able to stick with the subject.

my explaination.

no one has asked which keyboard uses less resource, including yourself.

my answer to your "resource" question and try to lead you back to the original subject.

you asked a simple question about the possibility to have a ROM without keyboard (master twu2's lite ROM contains only 1 keyboard which is samsung's), and you got same answers from skoda60 and me which i believe that skoda60 cooks ROMs too. but you accused both of us not telling the truth. then started talking about wm default keyboard and the choice of keyboards of other cooks. are you trying to tell everybody here that sinan and shark are the best cooks around or you are trying to tell everyone here that master twu2, skoda60 and me are lying?

i get what you were talking about, but do you?

Has the "JH2 LITE 20100906" release the same settings like "I8000NXXJG2 LITE 20100902"?

"I8000NXXJG2 LITE 20100902" was great!

Thx a lot for sharing this ROMs!

LE: just flashed....very good!

Edited by kvist

That's fantastic twu2 !!!! Thanks a zillion :P

if possible, one more thing please: a lite csc I8000XEUJH2 :)

There should be no XEUJH2, only XEEJH2. And lite CSCes are really always the same three file...

Guest cengaver83
Hi Master TWU2,

Any chance of a lite JH2 as from what I heard there has been quite a change in terms of speed from version JG2.

Thanks

Is there anybody feeling difference? Is JH2 faster than JG2 and do you feel it in real?

Guest rom_omnia2
Is there anybody feeling difference? Is JH2 faster than JG2 and do you feel it in real?

No, of course that is my opinion, the samsung rom with WinMobile 6.5.3 seems like a adaptation incomplete: sometimes touchcalendar options stay over the taskbar, and the look of a 6.5 rom (JF/JG) is much better (keypad, colors), and i didn't saw any memory ram difference.

However i'll keep with it.

You need install Samsung Dialer from the cab (reboot it after install), then it will enable the video call feature in the dialer.

yes. i had done that. video call feature works well! the rom is fantastic! thank u much!