• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

I8000NXXJG2 LITE 20100902, JH2 LITE 20100906

139 posts in this topic

Posted

will you be making a JH1 lite ? :lol:

+1

Posted

thank you for the new script! :lol:

@HAL_9000 and johnchua55

i have made a JH1v.T, just look in my thread :)

Posted

@speedfrog

I have tested your JH1vT and the JH1 semi lite as well (fast roms) ....... only thing bugs me is there doesn't seem to be java included and i have tried several java.cab 's and none of them worked at all.

Posted

@speedfrog

I have tested your JH1vT and the JH1 semi lite as well (fast roms) ....... only thing bugs me is there doesn't seem to be java included and i have tried several java.cab 's and none of them worked at all.

look in my thread :lol:

Posted

But I'm having a little problem here, I can't run the camera application. When I press the camera hardware button at the side of the phone, the camera application is not able to run.

Is there any application I need to install in order to use the camera?

No, I don't have any experience about this issue. It work fine in my phone during my test.

Maybe... make a backup first, then do a hard reset.... it should work without install any other cab.

Posted

Yes it is the vibration volume that gets turned down, now starts the hunt for the application that causes that. It gets turned while locked with s2u2 lying on my desk... strange...

//gunnar

Yep. I am using S2U2 v2.41 and I had no issues with vibration volume turning down to 0. Maybe it's some settings that is causing it?

Hi, Master twu2. I'm using your great ROM. It is stable and fast.

But I'm having a little problem here, I can't run the camera application. When I press the camera hardware button at the side of the phone, the camera application is not able to run.

Is there any application I need to install in order to use the camera?

Please help me, thank you.

Solved: After done 1 or 2 times of reboot, now it is working perfectly. I'm not sure what is wrong, anyway thanks. :lol:

Use Task Manager end any Windows Media or Touch Player instances you have.

The modified camera.exe has it's prompt to close other media players removed.

Posted

Hi Twu2,

thanks for making and sharing this rom.

The main reasons I use your rom is, you include all removed apps as cab files.

I have a question, is it possible to install WinMobile Titanium afterwards ?

And could you provide a cab file for it ?

Posted

Hi Twu2,

thanks for making and sharing this rom.

The main reasons I use your rom is, you include all removed apps as cab files.

I have a question, is it possible to install WinMobile Titanium afterwards ?

And could you provide a cab file for it ?

look for chome in cab files :lol:

Posted

Anyways to enable XT9 in Samsung Keypad? I can't seemed to enable it even thought i tapped on the XT9 button.

Posted

this is what i m looking for

Posted

JH2 rom is great

thanks

Posted (edited)

In JH2 ROM touch player can't play h.264 movies, @twu have you removed codecs for touch player ? (it can play h.264 in full rom)

Next thing active sync can't synchronize with google server (emails, calendar, contacts) - I'm fightng with it for couple of hours and nothing.

Edited by adddaamo

Posted (edited)

Hi TWu2 & all,

Thanks for sharing your UltraLite ROM and still using it. Can you help to share with us how to "Enable" the Samsung Threaded SMS functions. I'm not sure is something I did wrong or by default the UltraLite ROM disable it. Or is there any others apps or software I need to install to have back that functions.

Btw, I did install back the following Samsung software

- Samsung Phone Dialer

- Samsung Call Logs

- Samsung Default Lock Screen

- Samsung PhoneBook

please share and advise.

Thanks

Edited by jktorrent

Posted

In JH2 ROM touch player can't play h.264 movies, @twu have you removed codecs for touch player ? (it can play h.264 in full rom)

Next thing active sync can't synchronize with google server (emails, calendar, contacts) - I'm fightng with it for couple of hours and nothing.

Sorry, I'm not sure this rom now (I'm using the Chinese version).

But.... it should be same with my other version, I don't remove any codec from rom, it still in the rom. (I've tested in JE1 and CHT JH2 version, it can play .avi file with h264 video).

The active sync also work in JE1 and CHT JH2 version, so I think it should work also in JH2 lite version.

Posted

Thanks for sharing your UltraLite ROM and still using it. Can you help to share with us how to "Enable" the Samsung Threaded SMS functions.

It still in the rom.

Just change the shortcut to \windows\SMS-MMS.exe

or install the tmailwrap_sms.cab from this topic: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...ion-jinbox-exe/

Posted

@twu2 can you upload touchplayer.exe from jh2 rom ? I think I've got touch player in wrong version (from diffrent rom) and this maybe causing may problems.

Posted

@twu2 can you upload touchplayer.exe from jh2 rom ? I think I've got touch player in wrong version (from diffrent rom) and this maybe causing may problems.

TouchPlayer.zip

Posted

hi, thanks for your rom.

it is fast.

But got one problem. When use camera or video record, bot got orientation problem.

do you have the same problem?

thanks!

Posted

But got one problem. When use camera or video record, bot got orientation problem.

I don't understand your issue here.

The camera should always use landscape mode, am I right?

Posted

how can i get rid of samsung sms, when i shall text someone it goes to Samsung SMS, but when im viewing my inbox it is Windows SMS.

Posted

I don't understand your issue here.

The camera should always use landscape mode, am I right?

hi, thanks for the reply!

last time when i took video, it always work in a vertical way, not landscape.

i restarted it. now it works fine.

thanks again!

Posted

Thanks for the Rom. This is an excellent piece of work! I do have a couple of questions, but do not take them as criticisms. I like how light this is. 1) having problem with chome. I have had to enable/disable 4-5 times to get all lines to show. 2)Also, video player has glitch that shows smear across entire bottom of video. Please provide and hints on what i did wrong or if i need to install progs to certain places. Other than that i'm lovin it.!

Posted

First lite rom i have tried and i love it, my question is how do i set up my mms to send again. I have data except for through mms

Posted (edited)

just flashed JH2 and straight away test Activesync to sync with my gmail.. but not working for me. any specific step to get this work?

downloading JG2..

Edit: So sorry... just settings problem.. I put the server address as my email address.. should be m.google.com.. my bad :P

Edited by emptyara

Posted

hello

may be coincidence, but after installing the room JG2, can not charge the phone while connected. I have to disconnect power to the load. Is there anyone else who does this happen?

I always use your rom and is the first time i have this problem.

still not experiment with another rom to see if it was the same.

but is ultimately maybe I'll try.

help please.