[KERNEL] Sub501 Kernel, mods and control apk

Guest Sub501

EDIT: are you using an ext4 partition? ext4 is not built-in. next version will have it.

EDIT: new kernel with ext4fs support is available in the first post

Yes, that is it! I am using ext4...

Thanks for the note!

Guest Mr Taylor

Changelog v20110213

New http://db.tt/EuIvUaZ CFQ kernel 2.6.32.28 build for both classic Sense and Sense HD ROMs.

What is new?

- builtin ext4 filesystem support

- lzma compressed kernel

- vr io scheduler

- simple io scheduler (sio)

- slqb

This is very fast indeed. I am using it with InsertCoin 1.9d, DarkTremor A2SD and swap activated.. Fabulous, Thanks :P

At stamdard clock speed, Quadrant 1800+

Changelog v20110213

New http://db.tt/EuIvUaZ CFQ kernel 2.6.32.28 build for both classic Sense and Sense HD ROMs.

What is new?

- builtin ext4 filesystem support

- lzma compressed kernel

- vr io scheduler

- simple io scheduler (sio)

- slqb

This is very fast indeed. I am using it with InsertCoin 1.9d, DarkTremor A2SD and swap activated.. Fabulous, Thanks :D

At stamdard clock speed, Quadrant 1800+

Can you please describe:

- the governour you use

- the io sched, the read ahead val for nand and sdcard

It will help me improve my mods.

Guest Mr Taylor
Can you please describe:

- the governour you use

- the io sched, the read ahead val for nand and sdcard

It will help me improve my mods.

Governor: normal 245 - 998 smartass, screen off 128-245 powersave

Schedulers: Deadline & 128kb for both NAND and SDIO

I have tried others, but each time i reset/restart they revert back to the defaults. It seemed a little quicker with BFQ on NANDIO. I dont know if this is an issue with the sub501 manager 0.2 or I need to create a start script (Im not sure how to do that if thats what I need to do)

Swap set with swappiness factor 40..lol

cheers

Guest snapilica
...I have tried others, but each time i reset/restart they revert back to the defaults....

Aren't you using Sub501's Manager app? If you are, you must save & apply the settings you modify on each tab by pressing the menu button. And if you restart your phone and find out the setttings have not changed you need to load config from the menu button.

The phone runs the latest version(v20110213) of sub501 Kernel and insertCoin 1.9.1 ROM !

I can not believe it, i am very, very happy!

Thank you so much Sub501!!!

Guest Mr Taylor
Aren't you using Sub501's Manager app? If you are, you must save & apply the settings you modify on each tab by pressing the menu button. And if you restart your phone and find out the setttings have not changed you need to load config from the menu button.

Hi, are you using this? If I save the config file and exit the application, the schedulers and read ahead sliders revert back to deadline and 128kB, the same happens with the clock speed voltages.... even if I do save and apply my new settings, which I tried before writing my post.

Thanks

Hi, are you using this? If I save the config file and exit the application, the schedulers and read ahead sliders revert back to deadline and 128kB, the same happens with the clock speed voltages.... even if I do save and apply my new settings, which I tried before writing my post.

Thanks

Starnge, are you 100% sure:

- no setcpu is installed

- your ROM has no other cpu/power management scripts/config?

Edited by Sub501

Guest snapilica

Thanks

And when you re-enter the app and everything is back to defaults, if you click load config does it change them?

Guest sebastiaan15

sub501

can you make a auto brightness tweak to lower brightness

that you can change the auto brightness level in Sub501's Manager app that would be nice

i see it alot in the desire hd forum the auto brightness mod but i search for that mod but i cant find it

sub501

that you can change the auto brightness level in Sub501's Manager app that would be nice

i see it alot in the desire hd forum the auto brightness mod but i search for that mod but i cant find it

Never heard about that. If you can provide a link or more info....

I have found one patch and it's part of the framework so he can't make a kernel including it.

I didn't find any details about it so there could be another implementation for it but the one I found can't be managed by kernel.

Here is the link to such mod:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=3

I have found one patch and it's part of the framework so he can't make a kernel including it.

I didn't find any details about it so there could be another implementation for it but the one I found can't be managed by kernel.

Here is the link to such mod:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=3

Thanks for this info. Of course I can't do it in kernel. I will play with it in my private ROM.

Sub501,

Thank you so much. This is IMO the best kernel out there. I was with you some months ago when on Modaco roms, but I've since abandoned Modaco long time ago and am now on other roms. I could not forget your kernel though, and I'm thrilled to see it's still under development :D

I am currently on insertcoin 1.9.1. with your kernel, but I'm having a bit higher battery-drain than I had on i.e. insertcoin 1.8b with snq kernel.

Screen off, all sync/data off: Typically between -22mA and -26mA, sometimes as low as -6mA to 8 mA, but never lower. I believe I earlier had -2-3mA on earlier versions. Minimum apps installed.

Anyone have ideas if this is related to rom or kernel, or any other things? Any info I can post in order to locate the source of this power-usage?

Thank you!

Sub501,

Thank you so much. This is IMO the best kernel out there. I was with you some months ago when on Modaco roms, but I've since abandoned Modaco long time ago and am now on other roms. I could not forget your kernel though, and I'm thrilled to see it's still under development :D

I am currently on insertcoin 1.9.1. with your kernel, but I'm having a bit higher battery-drain than I had on i.e. insertcoin 1.8b with snq kernel.

Screen off, all sync/data off: Typically between -22mA and -26mA, sometimes as low as -6mA to 8 mA, but never lower. I believe I earlier had -2-3mA on earlier versions. Minimum apps installed.

Anyone have ideas if this is related to rom or kernel, or any other things? Any info I can post in order to locate the source of this power-usage?

Thank you!

Hard to say, Now I'm using data2sd and battery goes mad...

Guest ShirazS

Okay so I want to start using your kernel but I have a few questions. Can I use the kernel without installing the init mods?

If I do, what governor would I be using and would 128Mhz be my lowest clock speed?

Also, I know it says that one of the features of the kernel is that perflock is disabled but I just wanted to confirm, if I am using a stock rooted ROM, I would not need to disable perflock before installing the kernel?

Lastly, If I want to install the mods, could I flash it directly after flashing the kernel?

Edited by ShirazS

Okay so I want to start using your kernel but I have a few questions. Can I use the kernel without installing the init mods?

If I do, what governor would I be using and would 128Mhz be my lowest clock speed?

Also, I know it says that one of the features of the kernel is that perflock is disabled but I just wanted to confirm, if I am using a stock rooted ROM, I would not need to disable perflock before installing the kernel?

Lastly, If I want to install the mods, could I flash it directly after flashing the kernel?

Please check the MiniSite's FAQ page (post #1).

I prepared a small website: http://sites.google.com/site/sub501androiddevelopment/

Kernel 2.6.32.29 is available there ;-)

Kernel .29 + updated mods did the trick :D Between -3 and -4 now, mostly 3. Me like a lot.

I also like the new site a lot, much better to have it there.

Thank you so much for all your work!

The power drain is not coming from Kernel or ROM. I forgot about my new habit: using phone as a music player (equalizer activated) for 8-10hours/day.