Flashing U8150 rom

Guest jertocvil

Guest kallt_kaffe
judging by filenames all u8100 new roms are 2.1.

in the filename seek BXXX, froyo have B8XX, eclair got B2XX

I didn't notice that. Good observation. I don't expect them to be much different than the first U8150 rom but I'm going to download one of them and see if the include a calibration app.

I didn't notice that. Good observation. I don't expect them to be much different than the first U8150 rom but I'm going to download one of them and see if the include a calibration app.

so i guess, and im sure they wont and never will include calibration app. just from reason that U8150 have capacitative T.Screen. capacitative touchscreens never need calibration.

Guest kallt_kaffe
so i guess, and im sure they wont and never will include calibration app. just from reason that U8150 have capacitative T.Screen. capacitative touchscreens never need calibration.

Really? I wasn't aware of that. I guess then our only hope is the kernel source.

Guest kallt_kaffe

I've tried the Australian channel sales version and while it still suffers from exactly the samme issues as before (touchscreen + wifi) it looks like a nice clean release with a full set of languages so if we could only get that damn source we'd be up and running in no time.

• 2 weeks later...

Flashed bootloader, system, userdata. Everything was fine except for these problems. Network works fine. Only poorly calibrated screen, but nothing has been cut. Root received after dancing with a tambourine.

Show you how you've fixed the problem with the buttons do not work the camera?

Edited by jam_p

Guest kallt_kaffe

Ok, there is one thing left to try, but it can be dangerous and may brick your phone. You could try flashing an official U8100 ROM and then reinstall recovery image and flash the Froyo beta. I believe that at least the baseband and gps incompabilities between U8100/U8120 and U8110 are not hardware but some kind of firmware issue.

Actually all files in /system/lib are identical between the U8100 Expert Sweden ROM and the U8110 Telenor Sweden ROM so flashing the U8110 Telenor Sweden ROM may make the pulse mini work more like a U8100/U8120.

It's propably safer to try the U8110 Telenor ROM first.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest rickywyatt
Ok, there is one thing left to try, but it can be dangerous and may brick your phone. You could try flashing an official U8100 ROM and then reinstall recovery image and flash the Froyo beta. I believe that at least the baseband and gps incompabilities between U8100/U8120 and U8110 are not hardware but some kind of firmware issue.

Actually all files in /system/lib are identical between the U8100 Expert Sweden ROM and the U8110 Telenor Sweden ROM so flashing the U8110 Telenor Sweden ROM may make the pulse mini work more like a U8100/U8120.

It's propably safer to try the U8110 Telenor ROM first.

just tryed to update with the rom with updata.app but it failed when it starts to install :)

Guest rickywyatt
New beta but I doubt it will help pulse mini users at the moment: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=809694

m8 could it be something to do with the radio eg "misc"?

enter this and see if its the same for u8100

$ cat /proc/mtd

cat /proc/mtd

dev: size erasesize name

mtd0: 00500000 00020000 "boot"

mtd1: 00500000 00020000 "recovery"

mtd2: 00140000 00020000 "misc"

mtd3: 00060000 00020000 "splash"

mtd4: 0aa00000 00020000 "system"

mtd5: 04600000 00020000 "cache"

mtd6: 0d1a0000 00020000 "userdata"

then back it up with this commarnd