07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest dunbad
[*]I choose to pay £10 so that I can get access to the Kitchen - mind you, if I did not want access to the kitchen and was happy with the pre-bakes I wouldn't have to pay Paul a cent; but it is only me being a bit adventurous

End result? I now have a Custom ROM on my phone, more control over what I do and do not install, flexibility to strip out junkware that came with the phone, flexibility to theme my ROM as I want and a generally optimized and great performing ROM!

Now, to all those complaining about value for money, I'll ask you only one thing: Isn't all that already worth £10?

Regards,

Kiran

Yes it is indeed. I would not argue with this. An ADFREE member must be worth the tenner. However, next year I don't think ill renew my modaco plus for over double the amount of adfree, (can't remember the amount but think i paid 25 quid for a years membership) And its this that I'm suggesting is perhaps not great value compared to what 10 quid gets you. To be clear, I'm agreeing ADFREE is great value. I'm just not sure about my instance if modaco plus is worth so much more.

Guest Ondra81

Hello everybody,

I have just installed R9 on my Desire. Since than I have problems with my 3g. While using Extended Controls 4.0.1. to rename APN in order to disconnect my 3g I cant get back online. Switching GSM/WCDMA to WCDMA only and back helps, but its a bit pain in the ass to make it everytime I want my net online. Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks all

Hey there Paul, is there a chance that the r9 release will have the new Sense HD, or at least optional in the kitchen?
Probably not.

But maybe r10 will have parts of it.

Edited by bpivk

Guest mrshark
Hello everybody,

I have just installed R9 on my Desire. Since than I have problems with my 3g. While using Extended Controls 4.0.1. to rename APN in order to disconnect my 3g I cant get back online. Switching GSM/WCDMA to WCDMA only and back helps, but its a bit pain in the ass to make it everytime I want my net online. Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks all

me too... r9 baked sunday morning, extended controls latest version... apndroid doesn't work, too... when going offline, no way to turn back online, until reboot... tried apn restoring via settings, no way...

and i cannot find many softwares on market: just tried latest paul app of the day, PARCEL, and get: no results found for pname:eu.zomtec.android.delivery... idem for call block or mr number:

http://www.appbrain.com/app/call-block-unl...rnumber.blocker

http://www.appbrain.com/app/mr-number-call...m.skydeck.razor

Edited by mrshark

Guest Jerry13
And that's the killer line right there. Paul is forcing no-one to pay. You could see the £10 as a donation for the work that's gone into the pre-bakes. This is completely optional. A bonus for your donation is that you get access to the Work-In-Progress builds.

+1 And while I'm at it, just what does a tenner get you nowadays? Two and a half pints of Guinness in my local, that's what! Or the ability to change my phone to do what I want it to do as opposed to what HTC or my carrier think I want to do. I still have the occasional problem with my phone and Paul's roms BUT I have the ability to go and bake another rom to try and fix the problems I have and customise MY phone to MY taste! Well worth the £10 in my opinion!

Guest Han-Droid
Hello everybody,

Thanks all

+1

See the thread i opened: strange behaviour

Huge pain in the ass...!!!

Guest ruffneck247
Wait, it takes more than 10 minutes on this screen while the rom is doing its magic thing in the background.

Tried re-baking, then left for 20 mins on HTC screen, still no joy. Any ideas?

Guest JCB_Digger
Tried re-baking, then left for 20 mins on HTC screen, still no joy. Any ideas?

I baked my first ever Modaco ROM earlier today and it works fine..

Did you tell ROM manager to clear your Data & Cache?

The only problem I've found with the ROM is the Radio image doesn't show when you're roaming, so I've reverted back to 32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2

Edited by JCB_Digger

Guest Yepayepa
me too... r9 baked sunday morning, extended controls latest version... apndroid doesn't work, too... when going offline, no way to turn back online, until reboot... tried apn restoring via settings, no way...

and i cannot find many softwares on market: just tried latest paul app of the day, PARCEL, and get: no results found for pname:eu.zomtec.android.delivery... idem for call block or mr number:

http://www.appbrain.com/app/call-block-unl...rnumber.blocker

http://www.appbrain.com/app/mr-number-call...m.skydeck.razor

I already mentioned that, and nobody replied.

This is due to the latest RIL files. If, like me, you put old ones in place, you will be able to use such APNdroid and ExtendedControls.

Cheers.

PS: if you want these files, tell me, I have a flashable zip file somewhere here.

Guest Ulnagar

Hey,

One thing I noticed in the r8 version is that the base system is customised for the UK (default maps locations, towns in the setup app, etc). Is there anyway that you can add the Australian customisation as an option?

Cheers.

Guest fakefur
My 2 cents on this value discussion:
  • I buy a plain-jane Desire from Carphone Warehouse.
  • I start exploring the Android platform and find lots of useful applications to install
  • I soon run out of usable memory and am scratching my head as to what next
  • Then, I travel to India. I soon realize that I don't have access to paid apps anymore! More head scratching follows.
  • Paul comes along and provides me with a rooted ROM at no cost!
  • Now, I am rooted and hence I get Market Enabler and start installing apps again
  • Paul solves the memory space problem too - I get A2SD+ (mind you, I haven't paid Paul a cent as yet)
  • Paul offers many enhancements, tweaks and general niceties as part of his MCRs - again at no cost!
  • I choose to pay £10 so that I can get access to the Kitchen - mind you, if I did not want access to the kitchen and was happy with the pre-bakes I wouldn't have to pay Paul a cent; but it is only me being a bit adventurous

End result? I now have a Custom ROM on my phone, more control over what I do and do not install, flexibility to strip out junkware that came with the phone, flexibility to theme my ROM as I want and a generally optimized and great performing ROM!

Now, to all those complaining about value for money, I'll ask you only one thing: Isn't all that already worth £10?

Regards,

Kiran

+1

couldn't say it better

:)

Guest Morrisk
+1

couldn't say it better

:)

I would like to add that the baked MCR I am using right now, is the most stable ROM I had from both Sense and AOSP ROMs I tried.

this is for sure worth the 10.

Guest Lord_Phoenix

Hello everyone! Baked a great ROM for myself yesterday, spent almost 2 hours restoring and re-installing everything and after all found out that the Keyboard here is from 2.09 firmware that have a bug in Russian layout... =( Any chance it will be updated to the Keyboard from 2.10 any time soon?

Guest MultiCulti

Hey guy's

i also baked an hour ago the r9 for my desire!

I'm using "SwitchPro" to switch the 2G/3G, it's working well!

so i tried also both Radio's ... but it's working fine on both ...

BIG THANKS Paul

Guest lnoormohamed
And that's the killer line right there. Paul is forcing no-one to pay. You could see the £10 as a donation for the work that's gone into the pre-bakes. This is completely optional. A bonus for your donation is that you get access to the Work-In-Progress builds.

exactly i thought all the hard work he puts in and lets people download root+ prebakes for free i decided to get plus membership to support his work. BECAUSE PAUL IS A GENIUS!!! with android phones

Guest theodorius123

because of not being able to flash something new (I am addicted...yes! :)) I tried LeeDroid 2.1a...and to be honest...I really like it. Together with the EspressoMod I love it!

It is fast and stable, and I am not missing that much from MCR

but so far...great work paul! thanks!

hope r10 will bring me back ;)

Guest Subject Delta

Tried to reflash my R9 rom with Perflock disabled as Sub501 advises, and the custom governor and so on installed, and SetCPU still does not offer me Interactive mode.