07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Haha, cheeky!

Remember I am but one human being and there is a finite amount of time in the day! :)

A quick update, I'm out of the office today (and possibly tomorrow) covering the WP7 launch, but this ROM is still up there at the top of my to-do list. As you know I have been getting the tools set up for San Fran owners to customise their devices (hack, root, recovery etc. etc.) but that doesn't mean i've abandoned this!

In fact, i'm still doing an underlying piece of work to bring features from the HD / Z to the Desire / Nexus One... but it's very time consuming and intricate. :)

As I say, i'll be rounding off R9 and posting for all shortly, after which we'll kick off R10 based on a whole newer base. Thanks for your patience and understanding, always feel free to grab me on Twitter (@paulobrien) or email if you have any issues you want to raise with me personally.

P

Will the rounding off R9 include the latest released script from Sub501 and latest update?

Cant wait to try R10 with HD features from Paul..... :) :D

Great job Paul, appreciate...

Guest logicalextreme
A quick update, I'm out of the office today (and possibly tomorrow) covering the WP7 launch

Don't be swayed by their shiny, shiny lies. Wear a big Android t-shirt.

Guest sinkingfish

Does anybody else have problem connecting the Desire to a Macbook via bluetooth ?

I've tried now with 2 MBP and both pair but will not establish a connection. Long pressing the device name only gives the option to unpair.

Am I missing something ?

Edited by sinkingfish

Guest Colaholic

Has anyone figured out how to fix the slow usb file transfer speeds?

Im using the latest R9 with A2SD+, and I'm copying files from my PC with speeds around 350KB/s on a class10 sd card.

CODE

#!/system/bin/sh

#

echo "interactive" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

echo "*** Interactive scheduler selected as default ***"

if you can tell me how to set up the governor for the screen off mode, you are my hero :)

Thanx for the Code!

EDIT: Ah, I think I found it by myself. I just looked at the /system/etc/init.d/98mods01_screenstate_scaling file. There's a sleep_governor called powersave :)

Are these the same files, SetCPU uses? Then I can uninstall it :-)

Edited by rum0s

if you can tell me how to set up the governor for the screen off mode, you are my hero :)

Thanx for the Code!

EDIT: Ah, I think I found it by myself. I just looked at the /system/etc/init.d/98mods01_screenstate_scaling file. There's a sleep_governor called powersave :)

Are these the same files, SetCPU uses? Then I can uninstall it :-)

echo "powersave" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

switches to powersave

maybe you can use the sub501 script (with lines loading of the modules deleted, as the are in the kernel himself, the whole "if statement" around the switching) to switch when screen off

i use setcpu for that, but it should work with the modified sub501 script too

btw: the undervolt seems also too be in a kernel table, but i cannot find any hint in sysfs that its running - should that be there, like a file /proc/undervolt?

Guest Paulo Nobrega

at least Paul could come and say hi.... but i guess he is to much excited with his new winmo device :)

I only ask that he puts the google apps out of system, so we can update easily from the market... that's all i ask for now

:)

Guest DavidThack

Im using the latest R9 with A2SD+, and I'm copying files from my PC with speeds around 350KB/s on a class10 sd card.

I also have the same problem with transfer speeds with a class 10 card.

I reflashed my phone with R8 and transfer speed went back to normal and was fast so it has to be a problem with R9.

Hopefully paul could find out whats different between both flash updates and correct R9 version.

Guest carthesis

I'll put this here, as it's something that'll get sorted out in r9 (hopefully!)

Has anyone else had a few minor problems with the browser in r8? The particular problem I've got is that while most websites work without fail, the BBC Sport website (specifically www.bbc.co.uk/football) falls over on my Desire running r8. The browser connects fine, loads the page fine, and displays it perfectly fine... for about 3 seconds, after which the browser either crashes or shuts down. This happens EVERY time i go to that site.

I think it's a fundamental ROM issue rather than just a browser issue, as after the first few times, I hit up the Market, installed Dolphin and tried that and had the same problem.

I'll be flashing to r9 once Paul has finished polishing it up, but if anyone wants to try replicating the problem on r8 and then trying r9, I'd be interested to see if it's just my phone or not.

Guest le_lutin
If r10 is anything like the HD port I'm already running then it'll be awesome - bar the camera not working I've had no issues and it's my daily ROM

That sounds good. do you notice any difference in speed?

Yep, a lot quicker IMO. Just seems to work better than stock Desire ROMs. And this is with all apps moved to the SD card as the ROM is too large otherwise!!

Quadrant scores with no tweaks over 1500

Edited by EddyOS

Guest Erlandsson

I also have the same problem with transfer speeds with a class 10 card.

I reflashed my phone with R8 and transfer speed went back to normal and was fast so it has to be a problem with R9.

Hopefully paul could find out whats different between both flash updates and correct R9 version.

I got the same problem havent found out why yet but im googleling like hell on it :)

If u find anything send me a pm and i will do the same.

Guest beaverHausen
I think it's a fundamental ROM issue rather than just a browser issue, as after the first few times, I hit up the Market, installed Dolphin and tried that and had the same problem.

I'd heard that this was a Flash related error.

It happened to me, just like you say every time I went on BBC news site. After updating my Flash player the problem no longer exists!

Guest carthesis
I'd heard that this was a Flash related error.

It happened to me, just like you say every time I went on BBC news site. After updating my Flash player the problem no longer exists!

Nice - so where did you get the updated Flash player from?

I've been on other Flash-video sites which worked fine though, so must just be some peculiar implementation on the Beeb site.

Hopefully, updated Flash from the 2.14 build will fix it.

Cheers for proving it wasn't me going crazy! :)

Guest logicalextreme
Nice - so where did you get the updated Flash player from?

I've been on other Flash-video sites which worked fine though, so must just be some peculiar implementation on the Beeb site.

Hopefully, updated Flash from the 2.14 build will fix it.

Cheers for proving it wasn't me going crazy! :D

You can also attach your Flash to the Market with Titanium if it suits you, and update it that way. Worked for me but I haven't tried the BBC site.