07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Yepayepa
Does anyone know when R11 will be released?

:P

Good one ;-)

This one was funny, unlike the sooooo boring "when r9 WIP will be updated" or "when r10 will starts".

Personnaly, i'm still using r9 WIP, with slight modifications made by myself, and i'm really, really happy. I don't spend my time flashing my phone all days long. When next WIP version will appear, i'll probably try it, but until then, I'm simply using my phone with a huge greatfulness for Paul's work.

unlike the sooooo boring "when r9 WIP will be updated" or "when r10 will starts".

+1

yes, it's like "paul, our daily wip(e) give us today", must be kind of a religous thing ... ;-)

now i have my phone less than a half year, and r2 to r9 (left out r7), that is 7 quite stable and useable releases in 6 month and nothing to get upset about

(and if someone likes it more adventures, than there is s-off, mtd resize, custom kernels etc to get on and learn from others)

Guest shadamehr

Well, despite having received my Bronze Nokia N8 last week, and additionally being chuffed to have updated my Windows Certification, by today having passed my Windows Phone 7 exam with 100% and thus becoming a "Windows Phone 7 Expert" (see my new signature strip)...

...I am sticking with ANDROID 100%, and with Paul and Modaco all the way, for my custom Desire ROMs!

Guest volatile_ink

I've just got back from Alpha Centauri (been testing my faster-than-light drive), invented perpetual motion, brought the Christians and Muslims together to sing Kumbaya and cured world hunger.. I too am sticking with Android for the foreseeable future. I am in-fact, going forward in time to download R14 WIP.

Guest shokka9

@ volatile_ink

Didnt we just pass in the upper echelons of the universe doing 17 times the speed of light?

I went to check out R14 WIP, but it's not finished yet, apparently Paul is on vacation too :P

Instead i got R15, its very good, nice boot ani :D

Take care fellow earthlings and time travellers.

:D

Guest volatile_ink

Just caught up with what the universe is expanding into, found the guy who invented God... He told me to tell you that R16 will be released 'soon'.

Guest beady_uk
Just caught up with what the universe is expanding into, found the guy who invented God... He told me to tell you that R16 will be released 'soon'.

:P

Cant wait for R16!

Guest ShirazS

Hi,

Could someone please help me?

How do I tell whether the ROM I baked has the standard wifi sleep option or the no-sleep option?

I've forgotten what I chose :P

Guest zippyioa
f

u

c

k

you

:-)

itzhak garbuz,

I haven't posted for a while, but have been keeping an eye on the forum from the shadows.

Like everyone here, I am really looking forward to r10... unlike many impatient people here, I know Paul of old, and trust him to release a superb, solid, stable rom WHEN it is ready!

You don't appear to be aware of forum ettiquette, so let me inform you that many people (myself included) use this forum to get help, advice and improvements for our phones. We don't come here to view a stream of abusive, offensive and mindless ranting from someone who has nothing constructive to say.

Your language is appaling and your attitude is even worse, so I would suggest that you act like an adult, apologise and start behaving in a manner that other forum members display

Paul, can I suggest something before you release r10.... if this member decides to continue his torrent of abuse, please can you remove his access to the forums to prevent future offensive rants from a rude, impatient and ungratteful person? I thnk I speak for many on the forum when I say that it will greatly improve the mood on the forum.

Thanks in advance

Zippyioa

f

u

c

k

you

:-)

i'm from the other side of the house (WinMo). but this kinda behaviour is not allowed on Modaco. a warning has been issued and if i catch you saying things like that again, you will be banned, permanently.

Guest shozzking

I have a couple of requests that I hope can be added.

Can you make it possible to change the phone button on senseUI to messaging or browser?

Is it possible to add an option to remove pages from senseUI (since 7 takes up RAM and its too many too use)?

The shadowsense ROM uses a circular battery icon with the percentage left in the center, can you add this as an option?

Best ROM so far!!

Guest Zarch1972
The shadowsense ROM uses a circular battery icon with the percentage left in the center, can you add this as an option?

Paul took the decision to keep the ROM as close to stock as possible in terms of look, so you'll have to add the circle mod yourself. Its pretty straight forward though using this: http://circle.glx.nl/

You need to pull the framework out of your current ROM. (see the "how to" tab).

You then choose all the mods you want from the UOT kitchen, upload a copy of your framework (took from above), the kitchen then makes the changes and creates you a zip file.

Then reboot into recovery and install the zip file...... simple.... i now have the lovely circle mod on my r9 build. :P

My thoughts on the impatient cretins who post nonsense and bring nothing to the table...... I think someone needs to nominate a mod to be assigned to this forum/thread to clean it up and come down hard on the idiots.

I pop in here for help and advice but all I've seen during this lull in development is childish comments and the the sensible ones biting.(don't blame you at all)

Edited by Zarch1972

Guest fredaroony
My thoughts on the impatient cretins who post nonsense and bring nothing to the table...... I think someone needs to nominate a mod to be assigned to this forum/thread to clean it up and come down hard on the idiots.

I pop in here for help and advice but all I've seen during this lull in development is childish comments and the the sensible ones biting.(don't blame you at all)

lol then you make a bunch of childish comments yourself. Pot calling the kettle....

Guest shokka9
i'm from the other side of the house (WinMo). but this kinda behaviour is not allowed on Modaco. a warning has been issued and if i catch you saying things like that again, you will be banned, permanently.

Hi Lancez

When you become Mod? Hope you ok bro. Hows WinMo treating you? You not thought of joining the Android? Paul has some great ROMs (as you know).

The Desire is great too.

shokka9

Hi All

I got my phone today from repairing. It came with 2.2 and HBOOT 0.92.

I've managed to root it using unrevoked 3. Installed a new recovery but maintained the HBOOT.

Now, the problem. Flashed a cooked WIP r9 modaco and have tried it with 3 different radio versions (the 3 newest)

This is the only log i got, when using GPS Test / GPS Status.

V/libgps ( 218): DeferredActionThread pthread_cond_wait returned

Guest dbdkmezz

Paul, the green on black analogue clock widget seems to be missing in the latest release, is that intentional?

Is anyone else suffering from this? or anyone know where I can get a similar widget (I've had a brief look on the market for click widgets, and they all look a bit rubbish!)

Edit: Found a replacement in the market: "Nexus Clock Widget".

(@volatile_ink, thanks for the suggestion.)

Edited by dbdkmezz

Guest volatile_ink
I've had a brief look on the market for click widgets, and they all look a bit rubbish!

I'd have to disagree. Try 'Retro Clock' and 'Retro Widget'.

Hi Lancez

When you become Mod? Hope you ok bro. Hows WinMo treating you? You not thought of joining the Android? Paul has some great ROMs (as you know).

The Desire is great too.

shokka9

:) didn't expect to meet you here! i still remember your original omnia ROMs back the dayS. i'm thinking about getting a US version Galaxy S (at&t's captivate), coz the i9000 only has 1900 for US 3G. hopefully, paul is going to give US galaxy S a shot in the near future.

good to see you again and i will keep an eye on you :)

P.S. i have never had android b4, so it might sounds stupid, dose android sync hotmail too?

Guest Nsonic101
Here is how to fix it manually:

Method 1: Replace system/etc/init.d/40a2sd in r9 zip file by the same file from r8, if you have it

Method 2:

- Extract system/etc/init.d/40a2sd from zip file, and change 3 lines:

for i in app app-private;

to:

for i in app app-private dalvik-cache;

- Put it back into r9 zip file

Great!!! Thanks a lot. Tried and it worked like a charm...Even without wipe, just rebooted and it's up and running..

Thank you