07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest MacCarron
I have this problem too. Is there anyway I can install FriendStream without reflashing?

Yes you can, just extract Friendstream.apk from a prebake or a previous download, adb install it and reboot. Worked perfectly for me.

Guest baggepinnen
Yes you can, just extract Friendstream.apk from a prebake or a previous download, adb install it and reboot. Worked perfectly for me.

Thanks man!

Guest alex_hk90

This is probably a stupid question, but how do you add the HTC Sense Widgets to a home screen?

I go to "Add to Home - Widget", but they don't appear in the "Add widget" list. If I then go to "Get more HTC widgets", all of them say "Installed" but clicking on one just gives the options of "Uninstall" or "Details", no way to add it. :)

Guest harolds5
This is probably a stupid question, but how do you add the HTC Sense Widgets to a home screen?

I go to "Add to Home - Widget", but they don't appear in the "Add widget" list. If I then go to "Get more HTC widgets", all of them say "Installed" but clicking on one just gives the options of "Uninstall" or "Details", no way to add it. :)

HTC Sense Widgets can on be used in HTC Sense.

Guest Tymmy Dee

Back up your widgets with titanium backup. Then uninstall and restore the widgets that you would like.

Hope this works for you.

Guest Asselberghs

I just baked an r9 rom last night and flashed it with wipe of cache and data, and I included apps2SD+, I have a 1GB ext3 partition on the SD card. But itĀ“s not showing up as internal storage as I thought it would under internal phone storage. What did I do wrong? is it not supposed to do that?

Guest Tymmy Dee
I just baked an r9 rom last night and flashed it with wipe of cache and data, and I included apps2SD+, I have a 1GB ext3 partition on the SD card. But itĀ“s not showing up as internal storage as I thought it would under internal phone storage. What did I do wrong? is it not supposed to do that?

It will not show in internal storage. Download "quick system info' from the market. It will show you what and how.much apps2sd you have left along with other useful storage.

Guest beady_uk

Sub501 Can you tell me, is there something in your kernal that manages memory? Its because i have tried other kernals but they stop my yahoo mail app from auto retrieving emails. It seems that the yahoo mail app is being killed from memory and it only seeks the new emails when i open the app and it loads back into the memory. I just want to know if there is something in that is killing the app to save memory. I hope this makes sense.

Cheers

Guest BashyUK
Jeez. It's taken this long for that to happen? I was surprised I couldn't do it when I first tried Wifi out and hadn't thought of it since until just now. It seemed like a logical step to me because I was used to throwing a network cable in between two computers and it just working (had to be a crossover cable back then of course, and switches were things of wonder).

Crossover cables! Been a while since had to use them. Or making my own with a crimp tool when we realised we didn't have any and needed them quick at work :rolleyes:

+1 Would like to see that mod too :huh:

Crossover cables! Been a while since had to use them. Or making my own with a crimp tool when we realised we didn't have any and needed them quick at work :rolleyes:

+1 Would like to see that mod too :huh:

oh, the young ones. null modem serial cable, anyone remember them?

Jeez. It's taken this long for that to happen? I was surprised I couldn't do it when I first tried Wifi out and hadn't thought of it since until just now. It seemed like a logical step to me because I was used to throwing a network cable in between two computers and it just working (had to be a crossover cable back then of course, and switches were things of wonder).

seems there is a fix at xda with a new wpa_supplicant

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=755254

Guest Zarch1972

Yes, I used a Null modem cable to connect 2 Amiga's together to play Falcon head to head!

I think you could do the same with Stunt Car Racer too........ (all off the top of my head, so apologies if facts from 20 years ago aren't quite right!) LOL

Guest logicalextreme
lrwxrwxrwx 1 0 0 12 Oct 24 18:52 bb -> /system/xbin

I am impressed you pressed it 130 times before giving up :-)

Heh, actually I was doing a search in Root Explorer and counted the number of rows the "currently searching" box extended to. Once it hit a certain number around 130 it crashed!

Guest beaverHausen

Oh old school eh?

How about playing doom on two 386's linked with a null modem cable? :rolleyes:

Guest Ondra81

Hello,

got a little wierd problem with my R9 Desire. Am running A2SD+ version of R9 rom and several widgets have suddenly disappeared from the list of available widgets in my phone. And also stoped working btw.

More specificaly missing widgets are :Choms, Catch, PowerAmp and maybe more

Any ideas?

Guest le_lutin
Hello,

got a little wierd problem with my R9 Desire. Am running A2SD+ version of R9 rom and several widgets have suddenly disappeared from the list of available widgets in my phone. And also stoped working btw.

More specificaly missing widgets are :Choms, Catch, PowerAmp and maybe more

Any ideas?

That's weird - PowetAmp widget stopped working for me about two days ago two. I had rebooted the phone and the screen with the widget said "problem loading widget". Remove and tried to re-add the widget, but it was no longer on the list of widgets. Uninstalled and re-installed PowerAmp, but the widget still isn't there.

Guest mark1316
That's weird - PowetAmp widget stopped working for me about two days ago two. I had rebooted the phone and the screen with the widget said "problem loading widget". Remove and tried to re-add the widget, but it was no longer on the list of widgets. Uninstalled and re-installed PowerAmp, but the widget still isn't there.

you never moved the app to sd card did you ?

Guest le_lutin
you never moved the app to sd card did you ?

Thanks, you were right.

The app was originally installed to the card, and this never seemed to prevent any problems until reboot. Just installed to the phone, and i've got the widgets back.

Thanks

Guest NRGizzer

Hello all,

i just installed the r9 custom rom with app2sd. And now i have huge problems with the internal storage. After i installed the rom i have only 64mb internal storage free. I havenĀ“t installed any apps. Is this normal ?

I wiped anything i can wipe before and format every partition.

An if i install any applikation most of the memory will be used from the internal storage. There are 10MB less from the App2SD Storage but allready more then 35MB less from the internal storage.

With the r5 custom rom i could installed much more apps and had still more available internal storage and i never needed to push them to the SD-Card with the new froyo option.

Is there anything i missed or i probaly do wrong ?

Greetings,

NRGizzer