03/Sep r2 (8105) WIP - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Dell Streak (Android 2.1) Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

i am trying to flash recovery Koush's 2.5.0.1 but all i get is the white screen with fastboot when i click on install bat saying waiting for usb connect do i need to install some abd drivers if so from where?

change the drivers manually.. when connected in fastboot point the drivers in device manager to the sdk/usb drivers folder..

you can also flash recovery (and boot) from a terminal on the streak direct.

fairly sure I've written these loads of times already

with a rooted device..

copy the recovery image to the sdcard

install and open terminal emulator (unless that one can't do root) in which case better terminal emulator (paid app) which is frankly *better*

su

flash_image recovery /sdcard/whateveryoucalledtherecovery.img

reboot

while its rebooting hold down both volume keys

Edited by fards

My rom seems to be stuck at the bootscreen? The custom one Paul has put in shows up, then it flickers and goes back to that screen again over and over. Unless it has a >5minute bootscreen time for first boot?

Same thing happening to me. Flashed over stock 8105. Followed all instructions and things seem to have gone to plan. No idea where I took a wrong turn...

Guest miker71

so after a power nap ... success!

after my slight snafu I flashed back to stock recovery and then stock 8105 ... then i only flashed the custom koush recovery, applied a rom from the kitchen and stick a fork in, it's done.

bonus - the MCR did not wipe the device, hurrah!

Same thing happening to me. Flashed over stock 8105. Followed all instructions and things seem to have gone to plan. No idea where I took a wrong turn...

refash stock, then try another combo on the kitchen? wonder if wavesecure is playing up?

I just cannot get the recovery on i am using the best terminal

su

reboot

when i reboot it goes back to stock recovery any ideas it went to Koush's 2.5.0.1 recovery once after that keeps going to stock now any ideas?

I just cannot get the recovery on i am using the best terminal

su

reboot

when i reboot it goes back to stock recovery any ideas it went to Koush's 2.5.0.1 recovery once after that keeps going to stock now any ideas?

read it all... including the bit at the very bottom...

it does not go back into stock recovery unless you let it boot normally!

when you trigger the reboot command from the shell hold down the two volume keys..

it will go straight to recovery menu

select the 2 option to get into the clockwork menu

F... me yea i done it thanks fards you the man i have now pauls custom 2.1 i cooked it thanks to my subscription thankyou all that damm stock recovery just kept comming back like a ghost used rood explorer to wipe it out as you said

refash stock, then try another combo on the kitchen? wonder if wavesecure is playing up?

Thanks - that worked! Slightly different combo. Initially I had a couple of Google applications excluded. Now have it all in. Wonder if that's what made the difference.

change the drivers manually.. when connected in fastboot point the drivers in device manager to the sdk/usb drivers folder..

you can also flash recovery (and boot) from a terminal on the streak direct.

fairly sure I've written these loads of times already

with a rooted device..

copy the recovery image to the sdcard

install and open terminal emulator (unless that one can't do root) in which case better terminal emulator (paid app) which is frankly *better*

su

reboot

while its rebooting hold down both volume keys

Had the USB driver issue so trying this...

unfortunatrly when I type su I get:

su: uid 10085 not allowed to su

Does this mean I don't have root?

The Koush recovery image doesn't work for me either. Trying a different one.

Ok, I don't think I'm doing something quite right here.

How can I tell which recovery version I'm in? I do the flash and reboot with volume buttons held and get the option to update but once I click the button I just see a black (but backlit) screen.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks.

Ok, I don't think I'm doing something quite right here.

How can I tell which recovery version I'm in? I do the flash and reboot with volume buttons held and get the option to update but once I click the button I just see a black (but backlit) screen.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks.

Flashed stock recovery and that's working now.

Will try to go to MCR rom now...

Guest mzsigler

Having problems getting stock recovery working, I've tried both the script method in the pinned post and simply flashing it with fastboot, but when I pick "install update.pkg from sdcard" I just get a black screen, like some were getting in earlier versions of Koush's.

Anyone have 8105 as a .zip file or have boot and system nandroid imgs from 8105? The custom rom won't boot, just hangs at the boot screen.