03/Sep r2 (8105) WIP - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Dell Streak (Android 2.1) Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Having problems getting stock recovery working, I've tried both the script method in the pinned post and simply flashing it with fastboot, but when I pick "install update.pkg from sdcard" I just get a black screen, like some were getting in earlier versions of Koush's.

Anyone have 8105 as a .zip file or have boot and system nandroid imgs from 8105? The custom rom won't boot, just hangs at the boot screen.

Have you tried the 'factory reset' option from the 'volume buttons' screen?

P

Guest mzsigler
Have you tried the 'factory reset' option from the 'volume buttons' screen?

P

Nope, just did a full wipe and redownloaded the rom from the kitchen without any changes at all, if this doesn't work I'll try flashing the stock recovery and giving that a go.

I've managed to get into the stock booloader but flashing gives me the verification failed message.

If i try and boot to clockwork recovery I get the black screen and can't proceed (that's when booting from terminal with root and from rom manager.

What version of the clockwork img file file should we be using? I've tried reverting to the previos two with no luck. Also tried having the erase recovery switched on but to no effect.

Help! :-)

use the latest recovery image 2.xxx remeber you need to use root explorer and delete recovery install.sh before you flash custpm rom or stock recovery will keep overriding the custom one make sure you have root access first with universal root apk.

Guest mzsigler
I've managed to get into the stock booloader but flashing gives me the verification failed message.

If i try and boot to clockwork recovery I get the black screen and can't proceed (that's when booting from terminal with root and from rom manager.

What version of the clockwork img file file should we be using? I've tried reverting to the previos two with no luck. Also tried having the erase recovery switched on but to no effect.

Help! :-)

Try this

https://files.me.com/mzsigler/wb4kij

The recovery.alt.img is the only version of clockworkmod recovery that works for me.

For those of you that think this rom is slow and or laggy it is not have been testing it since it was released i have to say i am impressed.It is very snappy and paul aint even started yet it would be great if paul and the technologist teamed up and created a custom kernnel as the did on the htc hero android they got that to blistering speeds what you say paul? Let the old times roll :P

Had to run a factory reset after installing the MCR, however its now in and running. Even cut down, its just as slow as the O2 2.1 rom though.

you're doing something wrong then this is much faster

I have a US AT&T version with the Modaco r2 4399 build. Can I just flash the 2.1 Modaco rom, or do I have to do something else?

Thanks

Read the first post.. you need baseband 206 so flash the latest o2 first...

Guest hdbueller
Read the first post.. you need baseband 206 so flash the latest o2 first...

Tried that......but when it goes to do it, it briefly tries to go to recovery and then I just get the little android dude and the triangle with the ! in it.

I have also recieved the update notification, but when I download it and try to run it, I also get the little android dude and the triangle with the ! in it.

I feel like such a noob with android.....LOL Learning by the day..... :P

Later.......... :)

UPDATE: I don't know what I did, but it is up and working now..... I just re-flashed everything from the beginning (again) and it worked!

Edited by hdbueller

Guest finalmoksha
Ok got a problem. Ive flashed an r2 ROM and the phone has rebooted but its stuck at the dell/modaco guy screen. Periodically it blinks but nothing else happens.

Mine is stuck at the dell screen. went to fastboot, flashed the stock recovery and then back to 8105. this boots fine. Tried flashing the mcr but it just wont boot. tried it a few times. any ideas guys??

Guest AndroidClone
Mine is stuck at the dell screen. went to fastboot, flashed the stock recovery and then back to 8105. this boots fine. Tried flashing the mcr but it just wont boot. tried it a few times. any ideas guys??

I flashed my stock att 1.6 to 2.1 r2 by flashing the official package for 1.6 o2, do the online update through 1.6, it will upgrade your os into 2.1 official then go back into fastboot and flash clockwork 2.0.5.1 i believe is the latest version, upload modacos 2.1 to your phone rename it to update.zip and use clockwork to flash.

salt, pepper, done.

Guest finalmoksha
I flashed my stock att 1.6 to 2.1 r2 by flashing the official package for 1.6 o2, do the online update through 1.6, it will upgrade your os into 2.1 official then go back into fastboot and flash clockwork 2.0.5.1 i believe is the latest version, upload modacos 2.1 to your phone rename it to update.zip and use clockwork to flash.

salt, pepper, done.

Thanks. Will try this tomorrow and revert. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Cheers.

This is what i did

Stock recovery: down from 2.1 to 1.6 - DOWNLOAD

You have to load it to your phone in FASTBOOT MODE

Then you update Stock 1.6 (O2 official built 4399) - DOWNLOAD

You can now either update directly through the prompt you get from Dell/O2, or you can run the update manually Stock 2.1 built 8105 - DOWNLOAD

After this I flashed the clockwork recovery and then to MCR 2.1 R2. No issues so far. Thanks a lot for all your help.

Edited by finalmoksha

For those of you that think this rom is slow and or laggy it is not have been testing it since it was released i have to say i am impressed.It is very snappy and paul aint even started yet it would be great if paul and the technologist teamed up and created a custom kernnel as the did on the htc hero android they got that to blistering speeds what you say paul? Let the old times roll smile.gif

You say it is fast but I disagree. Could you please post a video of your widget menu scrolling? There may be a reason that some are slow and some are not. Can we also post a screen shot of the about menu?

Edited by crash6