03/Sep r2 (8105) WIP - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Dell Streak (Android 2.1) Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Warpedflash
I

i have to say this again but my dell streak with mcr2 is mind blowingly fast. It is also very stable have had no crashes or problems even widgets scroll faster.

Yea I am getting the same the custom rom seems to be great for me!

Maby try wiping the entire phone? (I literally had a blank slate i had erased all partitions apart from boot and recovery before i installed this)

Guest vinokirk
I suspect something hasn't flashed properly... or there's a baseband conflict.

I am using an O2 phone with an O2 ROM

I had this issue, but only after running a titanium backup restore. A factory reset fixed it. I loaded all my apps through the market & all ok now.

I have never used titanium back up.

I am intregued by this 'clean slate' method, could someone elaborate?

I am using an O2 phone with an O2 ROM

I have never used titanium back up.

I am intregued by this 'clean slate' method, could someone elaborate?

*2767*3855#

Think before you give this code. This code is used for factory format. It'll remove all files and settings including the internal memory storage. It'll also reinstall the phone firmware.

PS: Once you give this code, there is no way to cancel the operation unless you remove the battery from the phone. So think twice before giving this code.

*2767*3855#

Think before you give this code. This code is used for factory format. It'll remove all files and settings including the internal memory storage. It'll also reinstall the phone firmware.

PS: Once you give this code, there is no way to cancel the operation unless you remove the battery from the phone. So think twice before giving this code.

you need update.pkg on the sdcard first! :P

Guest the_didge

Hey Everyone,

Im getting a bootloop with the Dell/Modaco screen. Upgrade path was from 80** to 8105, then custom recovery, then delete all settings, then to R2.

Any pointers?

Guest gingernator
*2767*3855#

Do I dial this code?

Guest the_didge

Just an update, ive tried flashing stock recovery to get back to stock rom. Didnt work, only got a blank screen when i selected to update via sdcard.

Now back on the CW recovery, but still stuck in the boot loop, need a way of getting back a working phone. Plz help :P

Also tried mounting the device as usb, but windows is asking to format it, the same happens when i try to connect the micro sd card using a usb adaptor.

Edited by the_didge

Just an update, ive tried flashing stock recovery to get back to stock rom. Didnt work, only got a blank screen when i selected to update via sdcard.

Now back on the CW recovery, but still stuck in the boot loop, need a way of getting back a working phone. Plz help :P

Also tried mounting the device as usb, but windows is asking to format it, the same happens when i try to connect the micro sd card using a usb adaptor.

which recovery?

Guest the_didge

So far:

CW 2.1 version, get boot loop

Stock Recovery (6941 build) wont flash anything.

Stock Recovery (4399 build) wont flash anything.

Isnt there at a stock recovery that came with the 8105 build?

Guest the_didge

All sorted. A massive 2 hour effort and i now have a working MCR R2 build.

Cant even remeber how i got it to work, seems to be a massive combination of everyguide on here.

I am suffering from the dreaded lag on menus :P

Cant even remeber how i got it to work, seems to be a massive combination of everyguide on here.

try the following in a terminal

su

sysctl -w kernel.sched_child_runs_first=1

I think r2 has a working busybox, but you can always grab it from market if not.

Guest the_didge
*2767*3855#

That code dosnt seem to be working.... tried using it in the dialer app, nothing happens unless i select dial, then it checks the ussd code and errors out.

Guest gingernator
try the following in a terminal

su

sysctl -w kernel.sched_child_runs_first=1

I think r2 has a working busybox, but you can always grab it from market if not.

No noticeable difference I'm afraid

Guest vinokirk

I think a lot of people on here have just cobbled something together in the end to get their Streak to work. What one guy does is no necessarily what another guy does. I've never seen so much variation with a phones problems/solutions (if you know what I mean).

I am using a Streak with r2 as my daily driver and loving it. The graphics performance IS slower than some other devices but on the whole, I think it's pretty snappy!

P

I am using a Streak with r2 as my daily driver and loving it. The graphics performance IS slower than some other devices but on the whole, I think it's pretty snappy!

P

Same here paul

Same here :P

try this then

kernel.sched_features = 24188

kernel.sched_latency_ns = 6000000

kernel.sched_min_granularity_ns = 2000000

kernel.sched_child_runs_first = 1

in /etc/sysctl.conf (attached)

and run su sysctl -p

see if thats faster (looks like you need to redo su sysctl -p after every reboot if it is )

sysctl.conf.zip

Edited by fards

Guest vinokirk
*2767*3855#

So its just basically a hard reset? The same would happen if you started the Streak with the volume buttons pressed and did option 1 factory reset?

So its just basically a hard reset? The same would happen if you started the Streak with the volume buttons pressed and did option 1 factory reset?

no,

it wipes everything

Guest strvmarv
That code dosnt seem to be working.... tried using it in the dialer app, nothing happens unless i select dial, then it checks the ussd code and errors out.

Ditto, code doesn't work for me either...even tried hitting dial and get an error. Anyone know why?

Guest vinokirk
no,

it wipes everything

Excellent, so id put the code in, fully wipe it, then if i were to start it up as normal i presume it would just hang at the Dell logo as there is no O/S on it. So what I would have to do it put an official Dell/O2 update.pkg on the sd card and start the phone up with the volume buttons pressed.

Could you confirm whether it wipes the recovery ROM portion?