Faulty Trackpad

Guest Harroguk

Guest Harroguk

Hi Guys,

It appears that my trackpad is faulty (It will move around but wont "click" anything) now this is not a massive issue for me as I dont use it very often however when I do use it I use it for the clockworkmod recovery menu.

Is there any "hack" or alternative method I can use to flash a new ROM onto my handset or even just to carry out a wipe?

Thanks

Harroguk

Guest Harroguk

Okay, slightly worse problems now, it seems by doing a "Factory Reset" from within the ROM something has gone very badly.

When the phone reboot after/during the factory reset of settings it failed to reboot permanently hanging in the Android Splash screen.

I assume I am going to have to run some adb commands but dont really have any idea where to start.

The other option would be to try and flash a ROM onto it (I can still get into the recovery menu) but without being able to click the trackpad I cant work out how to do that either.

Guest preetkk

my one day old desire's trackpad stopped working also... my problem is to do with it works for clicking but navigational aspect does not work...

did you do anything like upgrade to 2.2 and then it stopped working?

Guest Harroguk

Okay,

I have managed to recover the handset somewhat.

Firstly I booted into the bootloader and then set up Fastboot USB.

From there I was able to flash the official T-Mobile RUU (RUU_Bravo_TMO_UK_1.15.110.11_Radio_32.30.00.28U_4. 05.00.11_release_122755.exe)

The downside of this is that I am now on HBOOT .80 with no recovery rom installed.

Not going to do anymore tonight but will definitely be trying to get MCR back on. Anyone know of a way to do this without using the recovery console?

Can I push it with an adb command or package it into an RUU?

Or even use ROM Manager to flash it?

Guest Harroguk

Everything is going quite well now. I managed to re-root using unrevoked.

I was still unable to use the recovery console because of the faulty Trackpad however I wad able to use ROM Manager to flash r9 without any trouble.

The end result again being that I have a useable phone and am able to flash ROMs. Trackpad still doesn't work but as its a hardware fault its not really a surprise :P

It would be nice if I could configured ROM Manager to use my actual recovery console instead of the one on the sdcard.