Fix for - 'Stuck on Dell logo after 2.1 update' (O2 only)

Guest FalconEvo

Guest FalconEvo

I thought i'd give the people having this problem a fix. My gf brought her phone to me after running the update and getting stuck on the Dell logo.

Just to be on the safe side, we left the phone there for 2hours just to make sure it wasn't going to fix itself. Unfortunately the phone was pretty much bricked, no use at all.

It appears that a specific version of the 1.6 firmware and software version locks up after upgrading to 2.1. To get around this, you need to flash to the stock O2 version of 1.6 then run the upgrade to 2.1.

I was fortunate to come across another users post on the modaco forums that have the links to the original pkg for 1.6 O2 phones.

Stock 1.6 PKG - http://loadbalancing.modaco.com/download.p...mf/?kmwolzykyet

Download the above file, copy this to your SDcard (you will need to use a micro sd reader or potentially another phone that uses micro sd to copy the file on.

Download the pkg file above and copy it to your microSD card named 'update.pkg'.

Place the SD card in the phone.

Hold down both volume buttons on the phone and select the power button

You will be presented with 4 options, Select update firmware from pkg

Allow the process to fully complete

The phone will reboot (takes about 5-10mins to fully complete and you should see O2 bubble logo)

Once rebooted and your phone is now usable, you can now either update directly through the prompt you get from Dell/O2

procedure to use. -http://www.o2.co.uk/dellStreakupdate

However, you can run the update manually.

The file can be downloaded from http://mobileupdate.dell.com/latestbuild/LatestBuild_21.html

Download this, copy to the MicroSD card and rename to update.pkg

Run the update the same as previously. Boom a working 2.1 O2 phone

Cheers all. On a side note I have the files uploaded to my FTP if any of the links stop functioning let me know.

Im aware this is my first post and the phone isnt even mine, I thought i'd save the grief of fixing this for other dell streak users. Makes me want to stick to my LG540 even more :P

I didn't proof read what I put, so if anything isnt clear please post and let me know.

Guest FalconEvo

No worries! Glad I could help :P

Phone's arent really my forte but ive been flashing routers/laptops/mainboards for years in the jobs ive worked in. So ive seen similar problems in the past when certain software versions are overlooked by the patch programmers.

To make life easier for everyone, I've uploaded both the pkg files onto my FTP into a zip folder. Saves getting each file from different locations!

here is the link - http://94.229.165.73/Falcon/DellStreak/AndroidO2Fix.zip

Right click - Save As :)

Anyone wishing to MD5 the contents, feel free :(

Guest galmpan
No worries! Glad I could help :P

Phone's arent really my forte but ive been flashing routers/laptops/mainboards for years in the jobs ive worked in. So ive seen similar problems in the past when certain software versions are overlooked by the patch programmers.

To make life easier for everyone, I've uploaded both the pkg files onto my FTP into a zip folder. Saves getting each file from different locations!

here is the link - http://94.229.165.73/Falcon/DellStreak/AndroidO2Fix.zip

Right click - Save As :)

Anyone wishing to MD5 the contents, feel free :(

But when I am selecting the second option i am getting a blank screen , and nothing happens.

Guest redmongoose

Thanks so much for the 1.6 file and the instructions.

Talked my mum into upgrading her phone by herself and she bricks it!!

All fixed to 2.1.

Thank you very much

Guest Owen McNally

2.1 update pah!

volume buttons = reversed!

accelerometer = reversed!

dell sync = no possible connection or back up!

great that you unbricked and thanks for the fies, i just hope that like me you dont regret the update!

2.1 update pah!

volume buttons = reversed!

accelerometer = reversed!

dell sync = no possible connection or back up!

great that you unbricked and thanks for the fies, i just hope that like me you dont regret the update!

Me too DELL sync no longer works... and I used it to back-up prior to 2.1!

was hoping to restore using that..

DELL needs to rethink their testing.

I like the vol buttons. IMO if you think about it.. on 1.6 the buttons were reversed.

In portrait down was down but in landscape down was Up! always bugged me.

Now, down is down no matter the orientation.

I would just like to join everyone in thanking Falcon for this fix. I joined Modaco to offer my thanks and also a small piece of advice - if the 'upgrade' fails on your device check your card-reader set up. My 'upgrade' to 1.6 failed a few times, with a variety of error messages (including no error message). When I plugged the micro-SD card into my Ubuntu lappie rather than my Vista machine it worked cleanly.

HTH.

hi all

i'm experiencing strangeness after upgrading to 8105

i no longer get calendar and contact sync if i setup a google apps account.

email push seems not to be working ?? at least on a few occasions, i have not received any email alerts for hrs only to find that when i jump into email i get 5 or 6 new messages

i've just flashed the stock recovery and am contemplating downgrading to 8023.

any suggestions ?

ps. i've got an unlocked streak direct from dell

hi all

i'm experiencing strangeness after upgrading to 8105

i no longer get calendar and contact sync if i setup a google apps account.

email push seems not to be working ?? at least on a few occasions, i have not received any email alerts for hrs only to find that when i jump into email i get 5 or 6 new messages

i've just flashed the stock recovery and am contemplating downgrading to 8023.

any suggestions ?

ps. i've got an unlocked streak direct from dell

Are you running a task killer?

I wanted to update my unlocked German Streak to 2.1 8105.

I have managed to first install the 1.6 4399 using the instructions on this site.

When I tried to update to 2.1 8105 I get a stuck Dell logo.

My baseband is still 00-EU.

Before I tried to update to 8105 using the Update.pkg on the SD Card method I installed the stock recovery image.

On 1.6 4399 when I use System updates it says device is up to date?

Does anyone have a suggestion what I am doing wrong?

I wanted to update my unlocked German Streak to 2.1 8105.

I have managed to first install the 1.6 4399 using the instructions on this site.

When I tried to update to 2.1 8105 I get a stuck Dell logo.

My baseband is still 00-EU.

Before I tried to update to 8105 using the Update.pkg on the SD Card method I installed the stock recovery image.

On 1.6 4399 when I use System updates it says device is up to date?

Does anyone have a suggestion what I am doing wrong?

Already solved. I used a different 2.1 Upgrade download and that worked. My baseband is upgraded now as well.

Guest StefanSX
Already solved. I used a different 2.1 Upgrade download and that worked. My baseband is upgraded now as well.

I seem to have the same problem. Which download link worked well? Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ratapoil

[Hum, sorry for my bad english (i'm french...)]

I adress first many thanks to FalconEvo for the fix : in upgrading my Streak to 2.1 he was stuck on Dell logo after upgrade. The fix worked very well for me.

But now i want to upgrade to 2.1 (it was the initial target...) and i'm affraid to be stuck again with the boot logo after upgrading. Wich link for DL is usable for people like us who've got some problems with primary upgrade ?

Thanks a lot for any help !

Guest pogiewun

ive followed all the instructions from falcon evo, but i am stuck at the part after you select update firmware from pkg. when i select that it goes to clockworkmod recovery and i cant seem to do anything from there. someone help please!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest diskmuncher

YOU ARE A GOD! :-) I was following the instructions here (http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-streak-streak-modaco-com/320025/guide-to-upgrading-and-downgrading-the-streak/) to upgrade my USA AT&T Dell Streak 1.6 to Steven's Froyo build. I got through upgrading to O2 1.6 build 4399 and was working on upgrading to O2 1.6 8105 when sure as crap I bricked my phone. Fortunately, I still had my HTC Fuze which read the SIM card beautifully.