MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

Fix for - 'Stuck on Dell logo after 2.1 update' (O2 only)

27 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I thought i'd give the people having this problem a fix. My gf brought her phone to me after running the update and getting stuck on the Dell logo.

Just to be on the safe side, we left the phone there for 2hours just to make sure it wasn't going to fix itself. Unfortunately the phone was pretty much bricked, no use at all.

It appears that a specific version of the 1.6 firmware and software version locks up after upgrading to 2.1. To get around this, you need to flash to the stock O2 version of 1.6 then run the upgrade to 2.1.

I was fortunate to come across another users post on the modaco forums that have the links to the original pkg for 1.6 O2 phones.

Stock 1.6 PKG - http://loadbalancing.modaco.com/download.p...mf/?kmwolzykyet

Download the above file, copy this to your SDcard (you will need to use a micro sd reader or potentially another phone that uses micro sd to copy the file on.

Download the pkg file above and copy it to your microSD card named 'update.pkg'.

Place the SD card in the phone.

Hold down both volume buttons on the phone and select the power button

You will be presented with 4 options, Select update firmware from pkg

Allow the process to fully complete

The phone will reboot (takes about 5-10mins to fully complete and you should see O2 bubble logo)

Once rebooted and your phone is now usable, you can now either update directly through the prompt you get from Dell/O2

procedure to use. -http://www.o2.co.uk/dellStreakupdate

However, you can run the update manually.

The file can be downloaded from http://mobileupdate.dell.com/latestbuild/LatestBuild_21.html

Download this, copy to the MicroSD card and rename to update.pkg

Run the update the same as previously. Boom a working 2.1 O2 phone

Cheers all. On a side note I have the files uploaded to my FTP if any of the links stop functioning let me know.

Im aware this is my first post and the phone isnt even mine, I thought i'd save the grief of fixing this for other dell streak users. Makes me want to stick to my LG540 even more :P

I didn't proof read what I put, so if anything isnt clear please post and let me know.

Posted · Report post

Many thanks FalconEvo!

And welcome to MoDaCo!

Posted (edited) · Report post

Thank you so much, worked a treat!

Edited by Paul

Posted · Report post

Topic made sticky :P

Best regards,

BB

Posted · Report post

Your are a star... mine's been like it for 24hrs

Many thanks for the fix... lifesaver

Posted · Report post

No worries! Glad I could help :P

Phone's arent really my forte but ive been flashing routers/laptops/mainboards for years in the jobs ive worked in. So ive seen similar problems in the past when certain software versions are overlooked by the patch programmers.

To make life easier for everyone, I've uploaded both the pkg files onto my FTP into a zip folder. Saves getting each file from different locations!

here is the link - http://94.229.165.73/Falcon/DellStreak/AndroidO2Fix.zip

Right click - Save As :)

Anyone wishing to MD5 the contents, feel free :(

Posted · Report post

No worries! Glad I could help :P

Phone's arent really my forte but ive been flashing routers/laptops/mainboards for years in the jobs ive worked in. So ive seen similar problems in the past when certain software versions are overlooked by the patch programmers.

To make life easier for everyone, I've uploaded both the pkg files onto my FTP into a zip folder. Saves getting each file from different locations!

here is the link - http://94.229.165.73/Falcon/DellStreak/AndroidO2Fix.zip

Right click - Save As :)

Anyone wishing to MD5 the contents, feel free :(

But when I am selecting the second option i am getting a blank screen , and nothing happens.

Posted · Report post

I have managed to un-brick my streak. Thanks

Posted · Report post

Worked for me thanks!

Posted · Report post

But when I am selecting the second option i am getting a blank screen , and nothing happens.

Try factory reset. Same thing happened to me.

Posted · Report post

Thanks so much for the 1.6 file and the instructions.

Talked my mum into upgrading her phone by herself and she bricks it!!

All fixed to 2.1.

Thank you very much

Posted · Report post

2.1 update pah!

volume buttons = reversed!

accelerometer = reversed!

dell sync = no possible connection or back up!

great that you unbricked and thanks for the fies, i just hope that like me you dont regret the update!

Posted · Report post

After DELL lockup screen - now 2.1 working

agree with others, appears defo slower.

Posted · Report post

2.1 update pah!

volume buttons = reversed!

accelerometer = reversed!

dell sync = no possible connection or back up!

great that you unbricked and thanks for the fies, i just hope that like me you dont regret the update!

Me too DELL sync no longer works... and I used it to back-up prior to 2.1!

was hoping to restore using that..

DELL needs to rethink their testing.

I like the vol buttons. IMO if you think about it.. on 1.6 the buttons were reversed.

In portrait down was down but in landscape down was Up! always bugged me.

Now, down is down no matter the orientation.

Posted · Report post

I would just like to join everyone in thanking Falcon for this fix. I joined Modaco to offer my thanks and also a small piece of advice - if the 'upgrade' fails on your device check your card-reader set up. My 'upgrade' to 1.6 failed a few times, with a variety of error messages (including no error message). When I plugged the micro-SD card into my Ubuntu lappie rather than my Vista machine it worked cleanly.

HTH.

Posted · Report post

hi all

i'm experiencing strangeness after upgrading to 8105

i no longer get calendar and contact sync if i setup a google apps account.

email push seems not to be working ?? at least on a few occasions, i have not received any email alerts for hrs only to find that when i jump into email i get 5 or 6 new messages

i've just flashed the stock recovery and am contemplating downgrading to 8023.

any suggestions ?

ps. i've got an unlocked streak direct from dell

Posted · Report post

hi all

i'm experiencing strangeness after upgrading to 8105

i no longer get calendar and contact sync if i setup a google apps account.

email push seems not to be working ?? at least on a few occasions, i have not received any email alerts for hrs only to find that when i jump into email i get 5 or 6 new messages

i've just flashed the stock recovery and am contemplating downgrading to 8023.

any suggestions ?

ps. i've got an unlocked streak direct from dell

Are you running a task killer?

Posted · Report post

Are you running a task killer?

Yes, ok.will look at the email sync issue but ehat about the missing cslendar ?

Posted · Report post

no idea its there and synced on mine.

Posted · Report post

I wanted to update my unlocked German Streak to 2.1 8105.

I have managed to first install the 1.6 4399 using the instructions on this site.

When I tried to update to 2.1 8105 I get a stuck Dell logo.

My baseband is still 00-EU.

Before I tried to update to 8105 using the Update.pkg on the SD Card method I installed the stock recovery image.

On 1.6 4399 when I use System updates it says device is up to date?

Does anyone have a suggestion what I am doing wrong?

Posted · Report post

I wanted to update my unlocked German Streak to 2.1 8105.

I have managed to first install the 1.6 4399 using the instructions on this site.

When I tried to update to 2.1 8105 I get a stuck Dell logo.

My baseband is still 00-EU.

Before I tried to update to 8105 using the Update.pkg on the SD Card method I installed the stock recovery image.

On 1.6 4399 when I use System updates it says device is up to date?

Does anyone have a suggestion what I am doing wrong?

Already solved. I used a different 2.1 Upgrade download and that worked. My baseband is upgraded now as well.

Posted · Report post

Already solved. I used a different 2.1 Upgrade download and that worked. My baseband is upgraded now as well.

I seem to have the same problem. Which download link worked well? Thanks!

Posted · Report post

[Hum, sorry for my bad english (i'm french...)]

I adress first many thanks to FalconEvo for the fix : in upgrading my Streak to 2.1 he was stuck on Dell logo after upgrade. The fix worked very well for me.

But now i want to upgrade to 2.1 (it was the initial target...) and i'm affraid to be stuck again with the boot logo after upgrading. Wich link for DL is usable for people like us who've got some problems with primary upgrade ?

Thanks a lot for any help !

Posted · Report post

ive followed all the instructions from falcon evo, but i am stuck at the part after you select update firmware from pkg. when i select that it goes to clockworkmod recovery and i cant seem to do anything from there. someone help please!

Posted · Report post

YOU ARE A GOD! :-) I was following the instructions here (http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-streak-streak-modaco-com/320025/guide-to-upgrading-and-downgrading-the-streak/) to upgrade my USA AT&T Dell Streak 1.6 to Steven's Froyo build. I got through upgrading to O2 1.6 build 4399 and was working on upgrading to O2 1.6 8105 when sure as crap I bricked my phone. Fortunately, I still had my HTC Fuze which read the SIM card beautifully.