FIRST!!!

Guest irwige

Hahahaha.... so that makes me second.

Anyways, what's with the new HD version of our Desires? Anything different in hardware specs?

Links if possible.

Going to have a bigger screen (though an LCD not an AMOLED i believe :P ), apparently a unibody aluminium case, and other than that i believe much of the same internals.

Guest Stuart_f
Just shy of £500 according to Paul.

Wondering what it will be in Norway. Probably around the equivalent of £650

More like £498.78 in delivery. The Modaco deal will ship to Norway for only about £10 more than it ships to UK, don't forget you get all the freebies with it in that deal too.

Speaking of which, does anyone have any experience of the Genie holder? I can't help thinking that the power cable alone will pull the device off the holder.

... trying... hard... not to ... order.... right.. now.....

Guest steve1221

I was hoping the rumour of the higher screen res was going to be correct (something like 1000+ by 640is) but it seems not. A shame really with a screen that size, but I guess it's a power issue. . .

BTW the HD and the Z are both on the Play site now, but with no price attached.

Edited by steve1221

Guest afiorillo
What's likely to be the difference between the LCD and a AMOLED?

The SLCD was a trade off for the HTC Desire due to supply shortages from Samsung AMOLED displays: search Youtube for one of the many comparison videos to see for yourself what's better.

Edited by afiorillo

Will be interested to see what the battery life is like, according to Pauls post its something like 490/420hrs depending on 2g/3g speeds.

However the battery is smaller than my Nexus One and that only quotes about 290hrs standby.

Ive heard rumours that the slcd gets better battery life, however in the recent engadget tests it shows that it was worse than AMOLED.

Im due for a new phone now and looking for something to be a worthy successor to the Nexus One. Is this it? Thoughts anyone?

So, when will the Desire HD be rooted? Finally got my regular Desire behaving like I want it after flashing a Modaco custom rom to it. The hardware specs of the Desire HD aren't enough for me to upgrade, but that sweeeeet auminum unibody... *droool*

Guest Vegita_z
I was hoping the rumour of the higher screen res was going to be correct (something like 1000+ by 640is) but it seems not. A shame really with a screen that size, but I guess it's a power issue. . .

BTW the HD and the Z are both on the Play site now, but with no price attached.

Gingerbread is rumored to have 1280×760 res for all phones with 4"+ screen sizes. And i'm positive Desire HD will be upgradable to that. So keeping my hopes up :lol:

Guest Asselberghs
Gingerbread is rumored to have 1280×760 res for all phones with 4"+ screen sizes. And i'm positive Desire HD will be upgradable to that. So keeping my hopes up :lol:

IIRC Gingerbread will be a system targeted for tablets as all current phones are not able to handle it according to current rumors

So, when will the Desire HD be rooted? Finally got my regular Desire behaving like I want it after flashing a Modaco custom rom to it. The hardware specs of the Desire HD aren't enough for me to upgrade, but that sweeeeet auminum unibody... *droool*

The hardware is actually quite a bit better than Desire (or Nexus one or any other android phones..)

The 1GHz processor Desire HD have is the 2nd generation snapdragon 1GHz, its suppose to be a lot more effecient than the ones in Desire or N1, hence should have faster speed & much better battery performance.

guess we ll find out soon enough.

Edited by cezent

Guest masterpfa

The specs for Gingerbread are not known yet, Google has not officially released any details!

The specs for Gingerbread are not known yet, Google has not officially released any details!

but i think its quite safe to assume when gingerbread is released, it ll take a good few month before Desire HD has it.

Nexus One will probably have it straight away, nevertheless I've sold my Nexus One today (and waiting for Desire HD to be delivered next month)

oh well, the pain that comes with HTC's own branded phone..too bad it looks too beautiful to resist.

Guest masterpfa
but i think its quite safe to assume when gingerbread is released, it ll take a good few month before Desire HD has it.

Nexus One will probably have it straight away, nevertheless I've sold my Nexus One today (and waiting for Desire HD to be delivered next month)

oh well, the pain that comes with HTC's own branded phone..too bad it looks too beautiful to resist.

Only had my Nexus 1 for about 6 weeks now, I ain't going nowhere yet, BUT depending on what price it's being offered for , we'll have to wait and see.

I like the fact that the Nexus 1 will get any upgrades to Android 1st :lol:

Edited by masterpfa