Samsung i920 Kitchen GUI Front-End - With DG21 Stock

Guest xlightwaverx

Guest xlightwaverx

The NEW Starting Point for COOKS. Now with 64bit Support [09/26/10]

Introducing the new GUI-Based Kitchen for the Samsung SCH-i920 Mobile Phone.

Included in this release:

• A working Graphical User Interface of the Kitchen Tools for the i920 [Pulled from i8000, with a little tweaking. Thanks to the one and only, AMDZero]
  • Samsung DG21 Mobile Phone Update --> DG21STOCK Kitchen [DG21 Stock Update Release now is the current GUI-Based Kitchen!]
  • Samsung MIT and CDMA Drivers for WinXP, Vista, and Windows 7 Systems [Now with 64bit Support]
  • Latest version of OCTANS Downloader 2.14
  • Everything you need to successfully Dump and Build Custom Roms.

Version 2.0 - Added Windows XP, Vista, and Win7 64bit Support

You can download version 2.0 of this kitchen from HERE.

Version 1.0 - Original Release

You can download version 1.0 of this kitchen from HERE. :P

post-463858-1284059278.png

AMDZero Certified Edition

Edited by xlightwaverx

Guest amdzero
Samsung i920 Visual Kitchen - With DG21 Stock

The NEW Starting Point for COOKS.

Introducing the new Visual Kitchen for the Samsung SCH-i920 Mobile Phone.

• Full working Visual Kitchen Tools for the i920 [Pulled from i8000, with a little tweaking. Thanks to the one and only, AMDZero]
  • Samsung DG21 Mobile Phone Update --> DG21STOCK Kitchen [DG21 Stock Update Release now is the current Visual Kitchen!]
  • Samsung MIT and CDMA Drivers for WinXP, Vista, and Windows 7 Systems

You can download this kitchen from HERE.

Man that was quick. Good work!

Guest amdzero
does this kitchen work with i8000??

thanks

two things...

1. this is not a visual kitchen as ext packages won't work

2. this is for i920 taken/modified from i8000 forums. They have i8000 kitchen in a sticky on their side of the forums.

Guest jackyaway
two things...

1. this is not a visual kitchen as ext packages won't work

2. this is for i920 taken/modified from i8000 forums. They have i8000 kitchen in a sticky on their side of the forums.

ok, thanks for your reply. I thinked it was a visual kitchen with ext packages.

excuse me, bye :P

Guest Ninja4Hire
Sorry to be cautious, but this has been tried several times and never actually worked.

What obstacles have been overcome that make this work now?

Word on the street says it's been HAMMER CERTIFIED!

mchammer_00.jpg

No really I have no idea, I just want to hammer certify something... but it does work.

Guest amdzero
Word on the street says it's been HAMMER CERTIFIED!

No really I have no idea, I just want to hammer certify something... but it does work.

It works, I use it. It has been modified to work with i920. This is how I get better memory management out of my roms btw.

Its now AMDZero Certified!

post-463858-1284059278_thumb.png

Guest xlightwaverx

Sorry, didn't know the EXT didn't work. It was like 2am when I compiled it :P Hope this works for you all.

X

The NEW Starting Point for COOKS.

Introducing the new GUI-Based Kitchen for the Samsung SCH-i920 Mobile Phone.

• A working Graphical User Interface of the Kitchen Tools for the i920 [Pulled from i8000, with a little tweaking. Thanks to the one and only, AMDZero]
  • Samsung DG21 Mobile Phone Update --> DG21STOCK Kitchen [DG21 Stock Update Release now is the current GUI-Based Kitchen!]
  • Samsung MIT and CDMA Drivers for WinXP, Vista, and Windows 7 Systems

You can download this kitchen from HERE.

Guest the sandman

This is what I used to get my phone to upgrade to the latest rom since the verizon upgrade tool wasn't working for me. I had no idea what I was doing but managed to make a rom file and flashed it with Octans. Thanks a lot for this kitchen, who knows I might try and get my hands dirty with my own custom roms

This is what I used to get my phone to upgrade to the latest rom since the verizon upgrade tool wasn't working for me. I had no idea what I was doing but managed to make a rom file and flashed it with Octans. Thanks a lot for this kitchen, who knows I might try and get my hands dirty with my own custom roms

GET IN THE KITCHEN!

Guest the sandman
GET IN THE KITCHEN!

Building roms isn't really my thing since I have no idea what I'm doing. I will be swamped this semester with homework and tests and all that fun stuff, so hopefully I will try to find some spare time so I can learn this stuff

Guest xlightwaverx

Well I'd design a ROM for one of your school projects then. It would be an easy A and you'd help out the community.

X

Building roms isn't really my thing since I have no idea what I'm doing. I will be swamped this semester with homework and tests and all that fun stuff, so hopefully I will try to find some spare time so I can learn this stuff

Not sure why, but evry ROM I generate from this kitchen seems to be broken. My phone will boot to the Verizon splash screen, but then goes blank and becomes unresponsive after that. No backlight, no image, no nothing. I have to do a battery pull and reflash to something else. The only thing that has worked for me was generating a stock ROM (i.e. no changes at all, just building the ROM).

Not sure why, but evry ROM I generate from this kitchen seems to be broken. My phone will boot to the Verizon splash screen, but then goes blank and becomes unresponsive after that. No backlight, no image, no nothing. I have to do a battery pull and reflash to something else. The only thing that has worked for me was generating a stock ROM (i.e. no changes at all, just building the ROM).

are you trying to port a new sys/xip?

Nope. I'm just trying to clean out the VZW software, remove Office, MS Widgets, Transcriber, and change the splash screen.

can you post (or pm me) a list of the items/files you removed?

I'm looking at this Kitchen, and it looks pretty straight forward. It looks as though I could take an already customized ROM file, say AMDZero's ZeroLite, and redo it with a different pagepool setting. True?

And if so, could I use his ROM as a template for my own, adding settings I use regularly, or even updating the WinMO RC? Adding reg edits? and so on? How would I do these thing if they were possible? (This would be for my own personal use - I would never release AMD's work as my own)

I read through the enclosed .pdf instruction file, and I think I see how to modify the pagepool - but I still have no idea if I can update to a diffewent RC of WinMo. Let's be honest, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed...

Edited by tedkord

Guest xlightwaverx

AMD's ROMs have come along quite a bit and I believe he protects them now so that they are un-dumpable. If you were to ask him for one of his kitchens, I am sure he might be able to provide you with something close to his kitchen or equivalent or assist you with any other task you are trying to perform. He has been the most helpful chef in this FORUM IMHO.

You can do anything with this Kitchen, I'll leave it as that.\

X

I'm looking at this Kitchen, and it looks pretty straight forward. It looks as though I could take an already customized ROM file, say AMDZero's ZeroLite, and redo it with a different pagepool setting. True?

And if so, could I use his ROM as a template for my own, adding settings I use regularly, or even updating the WinMO RC? Adding reg edits? and so on? How would I do these thing if they were possible? (This would be for my own personal use - I would never release AMD's work as my own)

I read through the enclosed .pdf instruction file, and I think I see how to modify the pagepool - but I still have no idea if I can update to a diffewent RC of WinMo. Let's be honest, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed...

Thanks for the reply. I think I managed to change the page pool on AMD's lite ROM - from 8mb to 10mb - just as an experiment. It created a new .nb0 file which flashed with no problems. But I'm still totally lost on how to change to a different os build.

Guest xlightwaverx

You are going to have to "acquire" different SYS Builds and when you throw them in your working folder (that you copy from _template, to become your working directory) you should be able to put the SYS directory in your working folder and select it from the romtool.exe program at the top when you choose what SYS you are going to cook with before romtool.exe puts everything together using BuildOS.

I haven't done it yet but that is just how it seems it would work. It's just a GUI Front End.

post-721779-1285583363_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I think I managed to change the page pool on AMD's lite ROM - from 8mb to 10mb - just as an experiment. It created a new .nb0 file which flashed with no problems. But I'm still totally lost on how to change to a different os build.
Edited by xlightwaverx