[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920 only) (DG21)

Guest amdzero

I have decided to update all my roms using this Gigantic Post.

These roms will be based on DG21 Update.

Link:

Saumsung Official DG21 ROM Release (Thanks to Snow02)

Saumsung Official DG21 1.0.2.3 ROM Release (Thanks to Snow02)

Post 1 will have my current projects and challenges.

Posts 2-5 will have all my DG21 roms from lite to sense.

Update (Nov18th):

Finally a sense rom that I am satisfied with. ENJOY!

Update (Oct22nd):

I have a working sense rom that needs to be tweaked still. It is fast, but man it eats ram for breakfast! Still trying to get a working sms/mms cohesive solution put together. Stay tuned...

Update (Oct2nd):

Well screw samsung with they flawed updates! If you use my roms, DO NOT update to DG21 1.0.2.3 Instead use the link above posted by Snow02 and you'll be good. I uploaded my Zerolite rom WITH com 5 (23569) and ZeroBase. The only major difference was ie loads properly now, and I changed/added a custom search homepage.

Update (Oct1st):

Found a fix for the ie bug, but it requires cooking a new rom, no quick fix. Updated my ZeroStock rom to 1.2 and posted, I'll get to ZeroLite and ZeroBase next with the ie fix.

Update (Sep24th):

By request I'm uploading my modified s2u2 in cab from. Again I take NO credit for s2u2, it is not a program I developed. I only changed some icons and edited the settings to suit my needs. For the s2u2 website goto http://s2u2.ac-s2.com/

Download Link: AMDZERO-s2u2_2_43.cab

Update (Sep21st):

Taking time off of hardcore cooking. I'm enjoying the base rom right now. As promised here is the lockscreen that I removed in cab form.

AMDZero_Samsung_Lockscreen.cab

Update (Sep16th):

Just finished my hack of the Octans full program and I'm posting it for all i920 users. It works essentially the same as octans, but with less fluff.

i920_Flasher.zip

post-463858-1284690678_thumb.png

I'll do a ZeroStock release next but it will take a few days.

Update (Sep 13th):

Well just when I get a new sys/xip ported over and finally working the way I want it, they release ANOTHER sys/xip. *sigh*, now I'm going to port over 23138.

----------------------------

If you like my work, drop a thank you. If you want do buy me a beer:

post-463858-1277361486.jpg

Edited by amdzero

Lite Rom

Comments:

This rom is inspired by the need for space and memory. It comes with Windows Titanium with a splash of Splugins for text and music.

It has the latest DG21 update from Samsung (PDA portion only), so it is Highly Recommended that you update using the official Samsung tool before using this custom rom. Also this is a Windows Mobile 6.5.3 build (23134). I am using an Anastasia Style theme with a brushed titanium background. Enjoy!

Current Issues:

The only thing is I can't get the orientation service to run. It needs Samsung SDK to run it. I cooked it in, but it still won't take, you must install samsung SDK manually to use that program.(See fix below)

Whats In:

i8000 GPS Drivers (Thanks Steel!)

i8000 Touch Player with db editor

jInbox

Titanium with splugins

Battclock (for th RAM conscious)

Mortscript 4.2

Overclocking scripts

OpenGLESv1 (Thanks GinKage, Chainfire, NuShrike!)

Orientation Detection

Samsung SDK 2.2

DotFred's Task manager as the default

Custom Boot animation

Custom Anastasia Taskbar/Theme

Custom IE Homepage (Thanks for the idea xlightwaverx for the idea)

Removed:

VZW Bloatware

Samsung Lockscreen

Opera 9.5

etc.

Download Links:

ZeroLite DG21 version 1.2 (COM5 23569)

Lite Rom DG21 Version 1

SDK fix and Button rename: AMDZero_Samsung_SDK_registry_entries.cab

post-463858-1284088958_thumb.pngpost-463858-1284089042_thumb.png post-463858-1284089102_thumb.png

Edited by amdzero

Base Rom

Comments:

This rom is the most polished rom I've done to date. It has SPB Mobile Shell 3.5.5 on by default.

Of course this is the trial version only, so if you've purchased it in the past you can just re-register it.

Don't ask me for serials or reg keys, I won't provide them here.

It comes with Windows Titanium with a splash of Splugins for text and music.

It has the latest DG21 update from Samsung (PDA portion only), so it is Highly Recommended that you update using the official Samsung tool before using this custom rom. Also this is a Windows Mobile 6.5.3 build (23134). I am using an Anastasia Style theme with a brushed titanium background. Enjoy!

Oh and get this guys, I fixed the Samsung Dialer for 6.5.x Now there is no more scollbar issue.

Current Issues:

None that I know of, try it out! Well there is a contact issue. I believe it is associated with COM3 so I'm going to make a COM5 build.

Fixed see download for new base rom

Icons not showing up Fixed see download for icon fix

Whats In:

SPB Mobile Shell 3.5.5 (unregistered = trial version)

HTC Phone Canvas (Imagio version with larger keypad)

i8000 GPS Drivers (Thanks Steel!)

i8000 Touch Player 1D4 version with db editor

i8000 asphalt4

i8000 Midomi

i8000 Software updates to DLNA, Smart Reader, Touch Calendar Touch Clock

jInbox

Titanium with splugins

Battclock (for th RAM conscious)

GoogleMaps 4.1 (with voice)

Microsoft Myphone

Mortscript 4.2

O2Flash 1.1

Overclocking scripts

Orientation Detection

Samsung SDK 2.2

DotFred's Task manager as the default

Custom Boot animation

Custom Anastasia Taskbar/Theme

Updated Adobe PDF Reader

Removed:

VZW Bloatware

Samsung Lockscreen

Opera 9.5

etc.

Download Links:

ZeroBase DG21 version 1.2

Base Rom DG21 Version 1 Build 23569

Missing Icon Fix - AMDZero_ZeroBase_Icon_fix.cab

Base Rom DG21 Version 1 (with new flasher!)

post-463858-1284690458_thumb.pngpost-463858-1284690465_thumb.png post-463858-1284690473_thumb.png

Edited by amdzero

ZeroStock Rom

Comments:

This rom is what I think samsung SHOULD HAVE released from the get to. It has Windows Mobile 6.5.5 and DG21 update (yes widgets are working) with most samsung software intact, even has the jInbox messaging added to it. Its as close to stock as I want to make it, no major branding my be, there IS the load screen from my Base rom but that justs adds flair and REMOVES the VZW load screen animation. Try it out you may just like it.

Current Issues:

None that I am aware of. Post 'em and I'll fix 'em.

Whats In:

i8000 Touch Player with db editor

jInbox

Titanium with splugins

Custom Boot animation

Dialer Switcher

Crayon Physics

Asphalt 4

Midomi

Removed:

VZW Bloatware

Opera 9.5

etc.

Download Links:

ZeroStock Rom DG21 Version 1.2 (updated link)

ZeroStock Rom DG21 Version 1.2

post-463858-1285960586_thumb.pngpost-463858-1285960592_thumb.png post-463858-1285960599_thumb.png

Edited by amdzero

The long awaited ZeroSense rom is now released.

First I'd like to thank a few people who make this rom Possible:

a special thank you to GinKage, Chainfire, and NuShrike, for without their efforts, Sense would not exist on ANY Omnia 2 roms

NRG for his mentorship and guidance on this rom

Dinik for his permission to use his Glass Icons

Ninja4Hire for his help in getting sense to work on i920

xlightwaverx for bouncing ideas off of.

And too all the beta testers that made this rom bugfree (if its not, blame them HA!)

WARNING

This is a very large rom. There are a lot of thing happening during startup. When you see "Tap the screen to continue" wait for a few seconds and then tap the screen. Don't touch the phone, don't look at the phone... in fact leave the damn thing plugged in and go get a beer... from the store!

Okay maybe thats over killl, but I think you get the idea. Just leave the phone and let it settle. The ram will settle around 58-62MB after first boot. Like I've said before Sense is a RAM hog, if you don't like it don't use it. AFTER YOU SUCCESSFULLY BOOT THE FIRST TIME, you must restart before you use MMS/SRS WOW HD

What in:

HTC Sense (with my flavor)

-Home Tab (with missed call notification and 4 across icons)

-People Tab

-Messaging Tab (with working HTC messaging, after reboot)

-Email Tab

-Calendar Tab (with color weekends)

-Weather Tab (with location on, and multi city)

-Facebook Tab (only tested it once, I don't really use facebook but it was requested

-Internet Tab (I don't really use it but there is the MoDaCo shortcut in it :P

-Photo Tab (Working HTC Album defaulted to My Documents)

-Music Tab (I'm not sure if audiobooster works, but it is in there)

-Settings Tab (mostly broken, I don't really use it but for a few things)

-Programs Tab (Ah the programs tab, I missed it when I used TF3D)

Internet Sharing (Including HTC wifi router, just use the HTC Comm Manager and turn it on)

HTC Comm Manager (does not replace samsung comm manager-also set to Hold send key)

Dialer Switcher (custom program to switch dialers, duh, but now it closes the current one upon opening to free up some ram)

You Tube

Over Clocking scripts

Newer Adobe Reader (much improved!)

BattClock for the RAM minded

Orientation Detection (just in case someone needs it)

-Samsung SDK 2.2

Google Maps (with voice)

Pim Backup (to backup/restore your contacts/mms/email/etc.)

-BTW XDA_UC is in this rom, so if you put your .pib file created with Pim Backup in your \Storage Card\XDA_UC folder, it will launch it on first boot

Touch player with database manager (needs a library or it will give errors, so run touch player and search for content)

BackLight mod (when using windows lock, the screen will light up when you tap it, unlike before when it stayed dim)

JinBox (I probably should have taken it out, but just in case someone still wants it)

Titanium with Splugins from samsung (again just in case someone wants it)

MortScript 4.2

MyPhone (for online sync of contacts/mms/etc.)

OpenGLES (Thanks again chainfire! THIS is what makes sense pretty)

Imagio Phone Canvas (white buttons this time)

XDA_UC

SRS WOW HD (needs a reboot first)

Custom Startup Animations/Shutdowns

Custom AMDZero Theme

Custom Taskbar Dinik style icons

What is out:

Bloatware, too much to mention

Voice Recognition ( I don't use it if someone wants it I can cab it up later)

post-463858-1290139593_thumb.pngpost-463858-1290139621_thumb.png

post-463858-1290139673_thumb.pngpost-463858-1290139682_thumb.png

Download Link:

BECAUSE IT IS SO LARGE IT NEEDED TO BE SPLIT. JUST USE 7Zip TO DECOMPRESS THE FILES INTO A SINGLE .NB0 FILE

ZeroSense DG21 (Part1)

ZeroSense DG21 (Part2)

Edited by amdzero

Do the Titanium panels use the SPlugins or Titanium cpr file?

Thanks in advance for all of your hard work on these roms!

taz

Edited by taziwac

Guest urphonesux

thanks for the cab jbr05ki!!!!!!!!!

when you gonna lemme hear one of your mixes?

the rom is great so far but one thing ive noticed is that i guess because the other input methods were removed i have no way input methods menu to configure swype the way i want it

(maybe there is a reg key?)

also task switcher is nice but it crashed the very first time i chose end all............so for now its back to xtask

another thing is that in the wm button setting menu there are two entries for button 1 hold and no entry for button 1. The first one actually is for button 1 shortpress just like always but it just doesnt say it . just saying

Edited by urphonesux

thanks for the cab jbr05ki!!!!!!!!!

when you gonna lemme hear one of your mixes?

@urphonesux: Some of my older mixes are on on sig.

@AMDzero: Great rom so far! Very clean and really nice themes. Only issues I came across are the bold fonts in the phonebook and camera. They're not THAT bold but just a little bit. No worries there. Also in the camera, I reloaded my DCIM folder to "My Storage" and the camera's built in viewer isn't reading it.

Guest batch519

So far so good with the DG21 update and the 1.7 Lite ROM (I installed gChris and S2U2). Thanks for all your great work yet again AMDZero!!

Edit: Since posting this SS I changed my weather settings to Fahrenheit :P

post-711703-1284152629_thumb.jpg

Edited by batch519

So far so good with the DG21 update and the 1.7 Lite ROM (I installed gChris and S2U2). Thanks for all your great work yet again AMDZero!!

Edit: Since posting this SS I changed my weather settings to Fahrenheit :P

This looks nice, and since I'm now working on my BASE rom, I'd like to add some more functionality to titanium.

I've used gchris in the past, but am wondering if cheroclock would be a good alternative.

I'm curious as to why you have the page pool so low at 8mb, in my understanding a lite rom would have low enough ram usage to have the page pool much higher...but maybe I just understand it wrong either way I increased it to 15mb and even installed sense 2018 over it and it's running well so far. My phone still doesn't get along with your custom theme though.

Guest urphonesux

on the today screen, drag your finger from the bottom of the empty space between the start button and the contact button up into the today screen.

what is that menu?

orientation detection sometimes freezes

How so?

Your stylized start/softkey/close buttons don't stick for me, no one else seems to have a problem though.

on the today screen, drag your finger from the bottom of the empty space between the start button and the contact button up into the today screen.

what is that menu?

orientation detection sometimes freezes

On titanium? I couldn't open up any menu like that.

Also a new problem I'm noticing is that when I over clock to any speed the phone book will open once and then if I close it it will crash instantly when I try to start it again, this is only with your over clocking program when I did it manually it works without causing that problem.

Edited by bmt10

Guest urphonesux

this is the menu that i mean click the image to watch the video

th_Video01-1.jpg

you have to firmly press at the bottom of the screen between the start button and the contacts soft button and without lifting your finger drag it up into the today screen area. None of these links seem to work though

notice the version number at the top right of the screen.

my finger is at the top end of the line

Edited by urphonesux

Guest urphonesux

and with the orientation the phone doesnt freeze, its just that at any given time any one of my programmed screens will just stop rotating

is there a way to remove the trace line from swype so it runs faster?

how do we disable the autocorrection feature and the user dictionary or is that no longer a issue?

also you should consider leaving in the samsung messaging interface but hiding the links to it in the start menu, when i assign messaging to a spot on my today screen it goes straight into the default wm messaging app. No lag or need to delete any previous text before replying

@bmt10

the theme not sticking after a soft reset is a known issue for me the only workaround is to reselect the theme and try not to reset the device ever again. Or just let the today screen soft buttons be plain everyother screen will be skinned correctly

AMDZERO i think you should take out orientation and let us install that ourselves,

put the default sips back so we can have the input menu

and can anyone tell me WHY i cant install the wp7 swype skin from my sd card anymore?

Edited by urphonesux

and with the orientation the phone doesnt freeze, its just that at any given time any one of my programmed screens will just stop rotating

is there a way to remove the trace line from swype so it runs faster?

how do we disable the autocorrection feature and the user dictionary or is that no longer a issue?

also you should consider leaving in the samsung messaging interface but hiding the links to it in the start menu, when i assign messaging to a spot on my today screen it goes straight into the default wm messaging app. No lag or need to delete any previous text before replying

@bmt10

the theme not sticking after a soft reset is a known issue for me the only workaround is to reselect the theme and try not to reset the device ever again. Or just let the today screen soft buttons be plain everyother screen will be skinned correctly

AMDZERO i think you should take out orientation and let us install that ourselves,

put the default sips back so we can have the input menu

and can anyone tell me WHY i cant install the wp7 swype skin from my sd card anymore?

whoa, thats a lot of info...

I'm not able to modify swype in anyway according to the rules of this forum. There is a sticky on it.

I'm not understanding about the samsung messaging you mentioned. How did you assign messaging to a spot on your today screen?

the orientation detection is a simple fix. I forgot to add the registry entries for the sdk. I'll post them here in a little bit.

Guest brainstorm03

Love this rom so far, tons of space and very fast. Just noticed there's no lock screen off of the lock button, just a blank screen. Any way to add one in, preferrably S2U2?

Love this rom so far, tons of space and very fast. Just noticed there's no lock screen off of the lock button, just a blank screen. Any way to add one in, preferrably S2U2?

I won't add that in because it is a lite rom. You can add s2u2 ofter you flash. I'll re-post the samsung lockscreen if ppl really want it.

Guest brainstorm03
I won't add that in because it is a lite rom. You can add s2u2 ofter you flash. I'll re-post the samsung lockscreen if ppl really want it.

No problem, that makes sense. Is there a way I can assign it to the lock button without having to build my own ROM? I thought there was a thread on it somewhere but I'm having no luck finding it.